Poll: Do you agree with Blizzard decision ? No content till WOD

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by But I Hate You All View Post
    Considering we do not have a Beta and looking at past history I think in my opinion Wod won't be out for around a year. Blizzard says they are going to try to get it out sooner. We will see. Either way they said no new content Till WOD comes out

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Another MoP patch would delay WoD, so Patch 5.5 isn't going to happen. The entire team is working on WoD right now, so any more MoP content would slow down development.
    Q: "Typically after you announce something it is another year, but we are at Patch 5.4 now. What content do you have planned for between now and then?"
    A: "Any content we do now will delay the expansion by the same amount of time it took us to make that content. We are completely focused on making the next expansion and will try to deliver that as soon as we can, hopefully on a shorter cycle than players are imagining, but you never know, we will have to see."

Q: "Typically that would be in the Winter of next year. Does that mean it is a goal to bring it in to Summer or Spring?"
    A: "Well certainly the goal is before that, but we'll see, it is very hard for us to predict."
    less than one percent of players have completed the content. why SHOULD there be a big rush for new?
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    less than one percent of players have completed the content. why SHOULD there be a big rush for new?
    2% of the player are hardcore gamers, the other 98% are casual and half-hardcore players, thats why.

I feel like Blizzard realizes that if they don't release WoD within the next 4 or 5 months at the very least, they are going to get a serious drop in subs and loss of interest and general "what the fuck blizz" overall. I mean we saw what happened with ICC for an entire year.. no one wants that. They also mentioned they are farther along with finishing this expansion than when they announced MoP.
    Think for yourself.

Deleted
    Not everyone chows through wow-content at the same speed. That's why they should focus their time on the next expac, to make it the best it can be.

Quote Originally Posted by Falrec View Post
    Not everyone chows through wow-content at the same speed. That's why they should focus their time on the next expac, to make it the best it can be.
    That's a strange thing to say. Wouldn't it be more logical to look at *how many* players have things to do that they feel like doing? Compared to how many people feel they have run out of content?

More MoP content would delay WoD further, so no thanks.

I can wait for WoD, I don't want them to rush it, but ofc I want it asap

There is such a thing as other games to play while you wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Trix View Post
    More MoP content would delay WoD further, so no thanks.

I can wait for WoD, I don't want them to rush it, but ofc I want it asap
    Given what we know now wrt the new arena season, less MoP content does not make WoD come faster anyway, so the point is moot.

And that's only half-joke, by the way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    By this point they should make the 522 valor gear available for Justice.
    Keep people busy with leveling alts.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Who says Blizzard isn't doing that? On this forum people rather think nobody has anything to do based on...gut feeling? Arguments typically are "Blizzard is stupid", "I don't trust Blizzards data" etc etc.
    I wasn't saying Blizzard aren't doing that. It seemed to me the person whom I replied to wasn't doing that.

If it's a year of Siege my guild will fall apart. We arent clearing Heroic Siege(7/14H) , however we are at the point where normals are too easy but heroics are still posing too much of a challenge. People lose interest in the cleanup night and we aren't progressing fast enough in heroic shit because we waste too much time on stuff that should be farm. The sooner the expansion comes out the better.

Me personally, if the expansion isn't out by June, then I am unsubbing until it does come out. It may even be before then(but it will also be dictated by my guilds progress too).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Swiftzy View Post
    There have been numerous mentions of 6.0 being released as soon as possible, and that we should expect it sooner than anticipated. As they are moving every developer to WoD, it will greatly reduce the development and testing time, thus we won't be stuck in SoO for 8-9 months, as some suggest. Nothing is set in stone, but i personally believe Beta might begin very early January, and we might just see a release in March/April.
    u believe the beta begins in the very early january?? we have the 10th of january .. so nearly half of january ... ridiculos that u think like that

- - - Updated - - -

i wouldnt say that a heroic version of content can be called content ... if you cleared suo than content is clear ... u killed the final boss .. so what

Quote Originally Posted by Klabernia View Post
    u believe the beta begins in the very early january?? we have the 10th of january .. so nearly half of january ... ridiculos that u think like that

- - - Updated - - -

i wouldnt say that a heroic version of content can be called content ... if you cleared suo than content is clear ... u killed the final boss .. so what
    not to mention he thinks a march/april release. So first he gives a two month beta for quite possibly the biggest project theyve ever had to do in terms of the item squish and then he thinks it will come out around the Reaper of Souls D3 expansion? wow...some people

For those who said No, I'm interested to know why. Personally I think MoP was not the greatest expac, so I am ready for it to move along. I won't be subbing until WoD is much closer, so it doesn't really make a huge difference for me. I'd much rather have WoD sooner. You guys who want another patch...you realize that would delay it at LEAST 3 months right? 6 weeks for dev time and 6 weeks for PTR. That's a bare minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by Varabently View Post
    For those who said No, I'm interested to know why. Personally I think MoP was not the greatest expac, so I am ready for it to move along. I won't be subbing until WoD is much closer, so it doesn't really make a huge difference for me. I'd much rather have WoD sooner. You guys who want another patch...you realize that would delay it at LEAST 3 months right? 6 weeks for dev time and 6 weeks for PTR. That's a bare minimum.
    I was among those who voted "No" and the reason is simple: nothing to do.

Just. Nothing. To do.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by durrtygoodz View Post
    Depends when Beta opens, and depends how far along they are.

Remember they got the whoooole Titan team back on WoW during MoP and would've put alot of those on WoD.

They said they started the whole WoD project when MoP was released, didn't they? And that they're alredy now planning the expansion that'll come after WoD (Mostly have a small team with ideas and paint the ideas out for other teams to follow it up etc).

I voted NO because I don't know when WoD will get released. If WoD Beta will come before mid February, then I'm okay with it, because that'll mean we may very likely get it before July.

But yeah, I will very likely unsub to WoW if WoD comes after May/June and resub then. Depends a lot on how it'll go for me in search of a new guild to raid with.

If they won't release WoD ASAP then it will be totally unnecessary to release it at all because by that time subscribers population will nosedive to a doomed line that nothing can bring this lost back.

I was kind of hoping there'd be signs of life WoD but so far nothing really. No new models or updates to the website since initial announcement 2 months ago. Every question about beta has so far gained no firm response. It certainly does appear that despite all the hype about faster turn overs (but then again they always make and break that promise) we're in this for another long haul. The unfortunate bit is not the wait but rather the effort to keep guilds together, there's always a certain amount of drift once the content begins to feel tired, new tiers or expansions keep people ticking over months of nothing just causes a slow trickle some of which comes back and some of which you just never see again.

Quote Originally Posted by Vacashamanica View Post
    2% of the player are hardcore gamers, the other 98% are casual and half-hardcore players, thats why.
    Which only underlines my statement that more time SHOULD be allowed for the average player to complete the content. The 1%s have already unsubbed and are playing other games.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    That's a strange thing to say. Wouldn't it be more logical to look at *how many* players have things to do that they feel like doing? Compared to how many people feel they have run out of content?

Not really, because the ones tit whining that they have no content are generally non raiding players who have cleared zero progression content.

Face it, the game does not revolve around farmville and transmog fashion shows. PVP weenies take care of themselves because they are their own content.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

You're operating under the assumption that 100% of players are attempting to, or want to kill heroic Garrosh.

The vast vast majority of players don't want to raid, especially past LFR

Which only underlines my statement that more time SHOULD be allowed for the average player to complete the content. The 1%s have already unsubbed and are playing other games.
    Who said that the average player wants to complete this content (heroic raids or raids in general)?