View Poll Results: Do you agree with Blizzard decision ? No content till WOD

Voters
981. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    425 43.32%
  • No

    354 36.09%
  • Don't care

    202 20.59%
Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ...
6
14
15
16
17
18
LastLast
  1. #301
    Quote Originally Posted by Klabernia View Post
    u believe the beta begins in the very early january?? we have the 10th of january .. so nearly half of january ... ridiculos that u think like that

    - - - Updated - - -



    i wouldnt say that a heroic version of content can be called content ... if you cleared suo than content is clear ... u killed the final boss .. so what
    not to mention he thinks a march/april release. So first he gives a two month beta for quite possibly the biggest project theyve ever had to do in terms of the item squish and then he thinks it will come out around the Reaper of Souls D3 expansion? wow...some people

  2. #302
    For those who said No, I'm interested to know why. Personally I think MoP was not the greatest expac, so I am ready for it to move along. I won't be subbing until WoD is much closer, so it doesn't really make a huge difference for me. I'd much rather have WoD sooner. You guys who want another patch...you realize that would delay it at LEAST 3 months right? 6 weeks for dev time and 6 weeks for PTR. That's a bare minimum.
    Ret Paladin
    8/14H T16

  3. #303
    Herald of the Titans
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    2,882
    Quote Originally Posted by Varabently View Post
    For those who said No, I'm interested to know why. Personally I think MoP was not the greatest expac, so I am ready for it to move along. I won't be subbing until WoD is much closer, so it doesn't really make a huge difference for me. I'd much rather have WoD sooner. You guys who want another patch...you realize that would delay it at LEAST 3 months right? 6 weeks for dev time and 6 weeks for PTR. That's a bare minimum.
    I was among those who voted "No" and the reason is simple: nothing to do.

    Just. Nothing. To do.

  4. #304
    The Patient amaraim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Göteborg, Sweden.
    Posts
    296
    Quote Originally Posted by durrtygoodz View Post
    Depends when Beta opens, and depends how far along they are.

    Remember they got the whoooole Titan team back on WoW during MoP and would've put alot of those on WoD.

    They said they started the whole WoD project when MoP was released, didn't they? And that they're alredy now planning the expansion that'll come after WoD (Mostly have a small team with ideas and paint the ideas out for other teams to follow it up etc).



    I voted NO because I don't know when WoD will get released. If WoD Beta will come before mid February, then I'm okay with it, because that'll mean we may very likely get it before July.

    But yeah, I will very likely unsub to WoW if WoD comes after May/June and resub then. Depends a lot on how it'll go for me in search of a new guild to raid with.

  5. #305
    If they won't release WoD ASAP then it will be totally unnecessary to release it at all because by that time subscribers population will nosedive to a doomed line that nothing can bring this lost back.

  6. #306
    I was kind of hoping there'd be signs of life WoD but so far nothing really. No new models or updates to the website since initial announcement 2 months ago. Every question about beta has so far gained no firm response. It certainly does appear that despite all the hype about faster turn overs (but then again they always make and break that promise) we're in this for another long haul. The unfortunate bit is not the wait but rather the effort to keep guilds together, there's always a certain amount of drift once the content begins to feel tired, new tiers or expansions keep people ticking over months of nothing just causes a slow trickle some of which comes back and some of which you just never see again.

  7. #307
    The Lightbringer judgementofantonidas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    East Coast USA
    Posts
    3,400
    Quote Originally Posted by Vacashamanica View Post
    2% of the player are hardcore gamers, the other 98% are casual and half-hardcore players, thats why.
    Which only underlines my statement that more time SHOULD be allowed for the average player to complete the content. The 1%s have already unsubbed and are playing other games.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    That's a strange thing to say. Wouldn't it be more logical to look at *how many* players have things to do that they feel like doing? Compared to how many people feel they have run out of content?

    Not really, because the ones tit whining that they have no content are generally non raiding players who have cleared zero progression content.

    Face it, the game does not revolve around farmville and transmog fashion shows. PVP weenies take care of themselves because they are their own content.







    Lawful good does not always mean Lawful nice

  8. #308
    Scarab Lord
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Liverpool, Merseyside
    Posts
    4,316
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    less than one percent of players have completed the content. why SHOULD there be a big rush for new?
    You're operating under the assumption that 100% of players are attempting to, or want to kill heroic Garrosh.

    The vast vast majority of players don't want to raid, especially past LFR

  9. #309
    Herald of the Titans
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    2,882
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Which only underlines my statement that more time SHOULD be allowed for the average player to complete the content. The 1%s have already unsubbed and are playing other games.
    Who said that the average player wants to complete this content (heroic raids or raids in general)?

  10. #310
    The Lightbringer judgementofantonidas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    East Coast USA
    Posts
    3,400
    Quote Originally Posted by Klabernia View Post
    i wouldnt say that a heroic version of content can be called content ... if you cleared suo than content is clear ... u killed the final boss .. so what
    And many non raiders or those who call themselves raiders but are incapable of taking on more than one mechanic simultaneously like to tell themselves that even down to the LF"R" level. When the simple fact is that if you have not beaten the boss on it's most challenging difficulty, you have not beaten the boss period.

    If you have cleared LR"R" and it's cardboard cut out bosses you are done with the content by your standard.
    If you have cleared Flex with it's pop up moving dummies painted like bosses you are clearly wasting your time by your standard.
    If you have cleared the Normal version of the boss you must be some kind of super hero for exceeding the prior two mock up raids.
    And finally if you meet the challenge of beating bosses that are the true challenge of the game you must be insane cuz dats tew hawd.







    Lawful good does not always mean Lawful nice

  11. #311
    Herald of the Titans
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    2,882
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Not really, because the ones tit whining that they have no content are generally non raiding players who have cleared zero progression content.
    I don't know if that's true, but suppose it is.

    So? If the number of people who have run out of content that they would like to do is large - and it is large - shouldn't that be a problem and a signal to the devs that they should do something about it, lest these people leave (since they, well, have nothing to do)?

    Because they might not return, you know. Some 5 millions have already left and never returned...

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    And many non raiders or those who call themselves raiders but are incapable of taking on more than one mechanic simultaneously like to tell themselves that even down to the LF"R" level. When the simple fact is that if you have not beaten the boss on it's most challenging difficulty, you have not beaten the boss period.

    If you have cleared LR"R" and it's cardboard cut out bosses you are done with the content by your standard.
    If you have cleared Flex with it's pop up moving dummies painted like bosses you are clearly wasting your time by your standard.
    If you have cleared the Normal version of the boss you must be some kind of super hero for exceeding the prior two mock up raids.
    And finally if you meet the challenge of beating bosses that are the true challenge of the game you must be insane cuz dats tew hawd.
    Oh, I see your point. Heroic raiders are the only worthy players. OK...

  12. #312
    The Lightbringer judgementofantonidas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    East Coast USA
    Posts
    3,400
    Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    You're operating under the assumption that 100% of players are attempting to, or want to kill heroic Garrosh.

    The vast vast majority of players don't want to raid, especially past LFR
    I can only speak towards the average raiding player. As that is what I am. I honestly do not consider people who farm five year old content for transmog, supply raiding mats to the auction house for our consumption, find poke' wow a challenge, to be the players that Blizzard devoted the majority of their time convincing to play. Sure they hand you a carrot once in a while in order to keep the subscription moneys flowing, but you are here to support raiding whether you wish to believe it or not.







    Lawful good does not always mean Lawful nice

  13. #313
    Pit Lord Geminiwolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Demon Realm
    Posts
    2,423
    Well, you either get a measly patch that'll hold you for a couple weeks maybe less or have them focus on the expansion to get it out faster. What would you rather have? Me, I prefer them focusing on the expansion. I'd take an expansion over a big patch any day so the sooner we get it the better. Yeah it may be a while and it may be boring on WoW for a few months but still I think it's good they're putting all their time into the expansion and not making sure that we have something to do all the time. There's plenty of stuff for people to do with all the professions, mini-games, dungeons/raids, transmoging, and leveling a different character or creating a new character. If it's really that bad then unsubscribe until the expansion comes out but from what Blizzard is saying the expansion should be out in just a couple of months. We're in January and they say they want it out in spring time which is March and April and that's only 2-3 months away. So your best bet, if you're really that bored, is to just try to find something fun to do and just hang on for a couple months.
    Last edited by Geminiwolf; 2014-01-10 at 03:18 PM.
    “Ever wonder why ice cubes taste so boring? It’s cuz you make ‘em outta stupid water, you bimbo! Put some fruit juice in there and freeze it into ice cubes, and put THAT in your milk.”
    "One small mankind and I'm gonna leap the heck outta this moon rocket." - Kneel Aurmstrang
    For your health.

  14. #314
    Herald of the Titans
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    2,882
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    I can only speak towards the average raiding player. As that is what I am. I honestly do not consider people who farm five year old content for transmog, supply raiding mats to the auction house for our consumption, find poke' wow a challenge, to be the players that Blizzard devoted the majority of their time convincing to play. Sure they hand you a carrot once in a while in order to keep the subscription moneys flowing, but you are here to support raiding whether you wish to believe it or not.
    I find your posts arrogant. Some might find them downright offensive. Tone this down, please.

  15. #315
    Scarab Lord
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Liverpool, Merseyside
    Posts
    4,316
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    I can only speak towards the average raiding player. As that is what I am. I honestly do not consider people who farm five year old content for transmog, supply raiding mats to the auction house for our consumption, find poke' wow a challenge, to be the players that Blizzard devoted the majority of their time convincing to play. Sure they hand you a carrot once in a while in order to keep the subscription moneys flowing, but you are here to support raiding whether you wish to believe it or not.
    Except that's not how a major company does or should work.

    94% of players (i'm sure that's the stat I read) have yet to kill any heroic boss, that implies most have no intention of doing so. When the game was new it could fly that these people could be kept happy by exploring the world and the game, but now it doesn't work.

    You can operate under the narcissistic assumption that Blizzard somehow cares more about the money of the 5% but that's simply false. Things such as the legendary quest, LFR and Flex are clear strides to cater to the masses, however they operated under the assumption that people who don't raid want to but can't, which isn't the case. In the coming years i'm sure we'll see a massive shift towards non raiding content for Blizzard.

    You can operate under the assumption that you're somehow better than somebody who can't devote 20 hours a week to raiding, but that's not the case in anybody's eyes except the few heroic raiders.

  16. #316
    The Lightbringer judgementofantonidas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    East Coast USA
    Posts
    3,400
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    I don't know if that's true, but suppose it is.

    So? If the number of people who have run out of content that they would like to do is large - and it is large - shouldn't that be a problem and a signal to the devs that they should do something about it, lest these people leave (since they, well, have nothing to do)?

    Because they might not return, you know. Some 5 millions have already left and never returned...

    - - - Updated - - -



    Oh, I see your point. Heroic raiders are the only worthy players. OK...
    to your first comment, maybe the conent is tuned to difficult if only one percent of players are capable of handling it.
    maybe Blizz just spends too much time trying to keep the support players paying subscriptions and this has created an imbalance of too much support not enough player.

    And on the second statement, I do not think I can be any more clear. If you do not complete at least a major amount of the content "ahead of the curve" then you obviously need to try harder not to stand in easily avoidable raid damage or join the millions of players who gave up trying.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    I find your posts arrogant. Some might find them downright offensive. Tone this down, please.
    Take it as you like it. You are coloring my statements with your feelings. I am not using offensive language, I am not posting personal information or insulting you directly. I am using my rights as decreed by many governments all over the world to express myself in a public forum. Much as you are. I could say that the dozens of posts concerning lack of entry level or below casual content is offensive when I log on every day to try to become what I am currently not and that is a raider who has reached his goals. I could not be bothered with trivial content until such time as I am valor capped one hour after logging on on every Tuesday, have upgraded whatever pieces I can prior to raid time, and have downed as many bosses as I can in our six hour raid week. After that I take on the support roll myself, with alts etc. Just because offends you does not make a thing true.







    Lawful good does not always mean Lawful nice

  17. #317
    Quote Originally Posted by spectrefax View Post
    Lol, where in the world do you people come up with this stuff?

    Reposting for relevancy:



    If you haven't noticed... Blizzard LOVES fall/winter/holiday releases with WoW. Not a chance in the world WoD is going to be out in Spring/Summer, especially when beta hasn't even started, especially when they know the players will handle 12 months of one tier and still buy the next expansion.
    It's nice you can manipulate the data to make it appear Blizz chooses a time of year to release these things. The truth of the matter is the expansions were released as they were ready, not based on some "we must release in fall/winter or on a holiday" concept that Blizzard does NOT follow.

  18. #318
    The Lightbringer judgementofantonidas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    East Coast USA
    Posts
    3,400
    Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    Except that's not how a major company does or should work.

    94% of players (i'm sure that's the stat I read) have yet to kill any heroic boss, that implies most have no intention of doing so. When the game was new it could fly that these people could be kept happy by exploring the world and the game, but now it doesn't work.

    You can operate under the narcissistic assumption that Blizzard somehow cares more about the money of the 5% but that's simply false. Things such as the legendary quest, LFR and Flex are clear strides to cater to the masses, however they operated under the assumption that people who don't raid want to but can't, which isn't the case. In the coming years i'm sure we'll see a massive shift towards non raiding content for Blizzard.

    You can operate under the assumption that you're somehow better than somebody who can't devote 20 hours a week to raiding, but that's not the case in anybody's eyes except the few heroic raiders.
    I have clearly stated to the contrary concerning Blizzard and what they care about. They absolutely do care about your money. Of course they overwhelmingly support the statement that YOUR MONEY, as well as mine is abundantly thrown at the content that drives the game. That content being raiding.

    As to better, nope. I am a completely hum drum average player. Not one of the 2% and I devote 6 hours a week to raiding. 2 hours a night, 3 nights a week. In that time I get my below average number of reg bosses down while striving to improve.

    My answer to the "assumption" that people not clearing raid content is not their inability to do so is show me. If you are capable you would be a doer and not a sayer.







    Lawful good does not always mean Lawful nice

  19. #319
    I am Murloc! Raiju's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    5,810
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    I have clearly stated to the contrary concerning Blizzard and what they care about. They absolutely do care about your money. Of course they overwhelmingly support the statement that YOUR MONEY, as well as mine is abundantly thrown at the content that drives the game. That content being raiding.

    As to better, nope. I am a completely hum drum average player. Not one of the 2% and I devote 6 hours a week to raiding. 2 hours a night, 3 nights a week. In that time I get my below average number of reg bosses down while striving to improve.

    My answer to the "assumption" that people not clearing raid content is not their inability to do so is show me. If you are capable you would be a doer and not a sayer.
    I've done heroic content in the past, but never considered it content. I don't think I'm even going to bother anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

  20. #320
    The Lightbringer judgementofantonidas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    East Coast USA
    Posts
    3,400
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    I've done heroic content in the past, but never considered it content. I don't think I'm even going to bother anymore.
    Gratz you gave up?







    Lawful good does not always mean Lawful nice

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •