View Poll Results: Do you agree with Blizzard decision ? No content till WOD

Voters
981. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    425 43.32%
  • No

    354 36.09%
  • Don't care

    202 20.59%
Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ...
7
15
16
17
18
LastLast
  1. #321
    I am Murloc! Raiju's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    5,551
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Gratz you gave up?
    Just showing a POV from someone whos done hc raiding that it isn't content, proving that the other guy wasn't assuming.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

  2. #322
    Banned wych's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Liverpool, Merseyside
    Posts
    4,239
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    My answer to the "assumption" that people not clearing raid content is not their inability to do so is show me. If you are capable you would be a doer and not a sayer.
    Show you how?

    I don't WANT to do organised raiding anymore, i've been there done that got the t-shirt, much like many players don't WANT to. I have absolutely no intention of doing the same raid over and over again on 4 difficulties with 1-2 more mechanics and a damage buff. I can "show" you i've done it by saying i've killed many of the difficult "current content" bosses in TBC/WOTLK if you like.

    If by show you mean quit, then yes I already have done, I cancelled my account last week until WoD as I have very little to do in the game until WoD except level alts

  3. #323
    Herald of the Titans
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    2,734
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    to your first comment, maybe the conent is tuned to difficult if only one percent of players are capable of handling it.
    maybe Blizz just spends too much time trying to keep the support players paying subscriptions and this has created an imbalance of too much support not enough player.
    I am not sure I understand. Here's my question again:

    If the number of people who have run out of content that they would like to do is large - and it is large - shouldn't that be a problem and a signal to the devs that they should do something about it, lest these people leave (since they, well, have nothing to do)?

    Is your answer - no, that's not a problem, or yes, that's a problem? And if that's not a problem, then why?

  4. #324
    Brewmaster Felarion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    SKC,Poland
    Posts
    1,446
    That's actually very good question. They said they going to release content faster and WoD is advanced in development (at least more than mop was at that point), yet they consider give us one more pvp season and pre-wod book will be released 6th of may. I hope if they are going to give us some content it will not be just one boss. At least 7 could done the job imo.

  5. #325
    People need to chill the F out. Its as if people expected a beta door to open on January 2nd with heavenly music and a bright shining white light. The current content is only 4 months old, if they stuck to the regular release schedule they would still have 2 months before the next tier came out.

    About the only problem I have with 5.4 is that the entire process of gearing up can be leap frogged over directly to SoO which removes about 2/3rd of the time I would of been doing stuff in game. While its nice to be able to quickly get a friend back into raiding my personal experience has been cheapened by allowing me to ignore all that other stuff I use to look forward to doing, like working my way through dungeons to LFR to raiding.

  6. #326
    Herald of the Titans Grimord's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    2,619
    Damn, WoD seems to be taking way longer than expected :/. I did quit playing WoW but I was quite excited for WoD, sucks that it'll be taking so long.


  7. #327
    The Lightbringer judgementofantonidas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    East Coast USA
    Posts
    3,400
    Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    Show you how?

    I don't WANT to do organised raiding anymore, i've been there done that got the t-shirt, much like many players don't WANT to. I have absolutely no intention of doing the same raid over and over again on 4 difficulties with 1-2 more mechanics and a damage buff. I can "show" you i've done it by saying i've killed many of the difficult "current content" bosses in TBC/WOTLK if you like.

    If by show you mean quit, then yes I already have done, I cancelled my account last week until WoD as I have very little to do in the game until WoD except level alts

    Sorry you quit. We will have to find someone else to mine ghost iron, pick herbs, farm cloth.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    I am not sure I understand. Here's my question again:

    If the number of people who have run out of content that they would like to do is large - and it is large - shouldn't that be a problem and a signal to the devs that they should do something about it, lest these people leave (since they, well, have nothing to do)?

    Is your answer - no, that's not a problem, or yes, that's a problem? And if that's not a problem, then why?
    It is only a problem becuase Blizzard caved to the demands of too many "players" that derive their pleasure from such things as sunday night fashion shows in order to be able to pay for the meat and potatoes of the game, Raiding.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    People need to chill the F out. Its as if people expected a beta door to open on January 2nd with heavenly music and a bright shining white light. The current content is only 4 months old, if they stuck to the regular release schedule they would still have 2 months before the next tier came out.

    About the only problem I have with 5.4 is that the entire process of gearing up can be leap frogged over directly to SoO which removes about 2/3rd of the time I would of been doing stuff in game. While its nice to be able to quickly get a friend back into raiding my personal experience has been cheapened by allowing me to ignore all that other stuff I use to look forward to doing, like working my way through dungeons to LFR to raiding.
    With the competent player on an alt the leapfrogging is not so much of an issue, however there are a lot of REALLY bad players who have flooded flex and above by using the same gear jumping provided.


    Lawful good does not always mean Lawful nice

  8. #328
    I am Murloc! Raiju's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    5,551
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post

    With the competent player on an alt the leapfrogging is not so much of an issue, however there are a lot of REALLY bad players who have flooded flex and above by using the same gear jumping provided.
    The social 25man guild on my server has killed garrosh norm with a few raid groups, some of those I would consider REALLY bad players.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

  9. #329
    Banned wych's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Liverpool, Merseyside
    Posts
    4,239
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Sorry you quit. We will have to find someone else to mine ghost iron, pick herbs, farm cloth.

    - - - Updated - - -



    It is only a problem becuase Blizzard caved to the demands of too many "players" that derive their pleasure from such things as sunday night fashion shows in order to be able to pay for the meat and potatoes of the game, Raiding.

    - - - Updated - - -



    With the competent player on an alt the leapfrogging is not so much of an issue, however there are a lot of REALLY bad players who have flooded flex and above by using the same gear jumping provided.
    Your condescension towards players who don't raid is disgusting, i'm sorry but it is, it really comes across as an angry teenager who wants to use their status in a game to make up for real life failings.

    Your personal opinion on this entire thing is irrelevant when what's being discussed is what's best for the game and the playerbase as a whole.

  10. #330
    The Lightbringer judgementofantonidas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    East Coast USA
    Posts
    3,400
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    The social 25man guild on my server has killed garrosh norm with a few raid groups, some of those I would consider REALLY bad players.
    name the server? name the guild?

    on high pop main stream raiding servers your average player would be considered a casual social player.


    Lawful good does not always mean Lawful nice

  11. #331
    Blizzard's been claiming expansions will be coming out faster since 2009. They're doing their best but I doubt it's coming out before september.

    We had this exact same discussion about pandaria and people were convinced there was no way dragon soul would be The Raid for an entire year.

  12. #332
    The Lightbringer judgementofantonidas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    East Coast USA
    Posts
    3,400
    Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    Your condescension towards players who don't raid is disgusting, i'm sorry but it is, it really comes across as an angry teenager who wants to use their status in a game to make up for real life failings.

    Your personal opinion on this entire thing is irrelevant when what's being discussed is what's best for the game and the playerbase as a whole.
    Not at all. I speak for my group of players. The casual raider. For whom there is tons left to do. All of which is readily available to anyone who puts in the effort to do it. I have not completed the content. Not to the level that I am seeking and feel that rushing content release for 1% of players IS a bad thing. But in the same vent feel that offering dung spray painted gold and calling it bouillon, such as LF"R" and flex raiding along with the possibility of early cross server NORMAL raiding is also a bad thing.
    Last edited by judgementofantonidas; 2014-01-10 at 04:43 PM. Reason: wanted a non swear word for feces.


    Lawful good does not always mean Lawful nice

  13. #333
    At this point its seem expansion only get out faster to charge my credit card more often.
    They fasten up the expansion releases but the content lull after the last patch seems to stay the same length.
    Whats my benefit then?

  14. #334
    Quote Originally Posted by Rude Hero View Post
    Blizzard's been claiming expansions will be coming out faster since 2009. They're doing their best but I doubt it's coming out before september.

    We had this exact same discussion about pandaria and people were convinced there was no way dragon soul would be The Raid for an entire year.
    And those people were right. Dragon Soul wasn't the raid for an entire year- Blizzard said it would be shorter than ICC, and it was. It lasted 10 months to ICC's 12. DS was a shorter raid. Assuming SoO will be the same length as Dragon Soul or shorter, Warlords will be out July 22nd or 29th at the latest.

    If it comes out in September, it'll run longer than Dragon Soul, rivaling ICC. I just can't see that happening.

  15. #335
    Banned But I Hate You All's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    The West Coast of the United States
    Posts
    1,993
    Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    And those people were right. Dragon Soul wasn't the raid for an entire year- Blizzard said it would be shorter than ICC, and it was. It lasted 10 months to ICC's 12. DS was a shorter raid. Assuming SoO will be the same length as Dragon Soul or shorter, Warlords will be out July 22nd or 29th at the latest.

    If it comes out in September, it'll run longer than Dragon Soul, rivaling ICC. I just can't see that happening.

    We better see a beta soon than

  16. #336
    Kinda doubt it'll be a year of no content, I'd like to think WoD will be out by July

  17. #337
    Banned But I Hate You All's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    The West Coast of the United States
    Posts
    1,993
    Quote Originally Posted by tidalz View Post
    Kinda doubt it'll be a year of no content, I'd like to think WoD will be out by July
    Kinda doubt it

  18. #338
    Quote Originally Posted by trauma443 View Post
    One of the best comments that shows the current mentality. You guys deserve 24 months of non-stop killing SoO trash & bosses again and again. Ad nauseam.

    Sigh.
    Ha... Mount Hyjal during Progression. Hit the road! :P

    With everyone in full blown alt mode and knowing people WILL come back, I doubt Blizzard's too worried about losing subs.

  19. #339
    Quote Originally Posted by Minaah View Post
    if you'd researched a little bit, you'd see there are quotes stating that they definitely want it out and are trying hard as they can to have WoD released before late spring or early summer-- in fact, closer to early spring; probably late March or early April. So ... it most certainly won't be a whole year without new content. And am sure a few folks will get into Beta soon as I'm predicting early Dec closed Beta starts .. mid Dec latest.

    source:

    Warlords Release Date
    Another MoP patch would delay WoD, so Patch 5.5 isn't going to happen. The entire team is working on WoD right now, so any more MoP content would slow down development.
    Q: "Typically after you announce something it is another year, but we are at Patch 5.4 now. What content do you have planned for between now and then?" A: "Any content we do now will delay the expansion by the same amount of time it took us to make that content. We are completely focused on making the next expansion and will try to deliver that as soon as we can, hopefully on a shorter cycle than players are imagining, but you never know, we will have to see."
    Q: "Typically that would be in the Winter of next year. Does that mean it is a goal to bring it in to Summer or Spring?" A: "Well certainly the goal is before that, but we'll see, it is very hard for us to predict."

    Taken from MMO Champs front page, straight from the Q&A at Blizzcon

    If youd research a little, youd realize that blizzard says they want to do a LOT of things, and it gets pushed back or dropped.

    Also, if blizzard expected the RELEASE of the game to happen in April / March, they would have had beta info going already and/or wouldnt be starting ANOTHER pvp season, which never lasts just a few months. They also would have the new 6.0 patch on the ptr for people to experience and bugtest.

    Are you insinuating that blizzard can handle designing and testing everything in the shadows and will just release it on a whim without player interaction?

    That would be the first time ever..since Starcraff 1 and Diablo 1 .

    Again, just because blizzard SAYS it wants to do something, doesnt mean it ever happens. In fact, it rare ever does happen. It always morphs into something else and/or a different time. Blizzard cant ever rush things.....EVER.

  20. #340
    High Overlord Atirador's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    124
    Sadly, I'm seeing it happening.. I wish Blizzard could just drop WoD 6.0 around March, I just hated MoP I don't know I feel so tired and bored of it...
    I'm completely fine of removing the arrows count, but I just can't stand watching my Hunter shooting arrows out... of no where?


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •