Poll: Do you agree with Blizzard decision ? No content till WOD

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ...
    Blizzard's been claiming expansions will be coming out faster since 2009. They're doing their best but I doubt it's coming out before september.

We had this exact same discussion about pandaria and people were convinced there was no way dragon soul would be The Raid for an entire year.

Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    Your condescension towards players who don't raid is disgusting, i'm sorry but it is, it really comes across as an angry teenager who wants to use their status in a game to make up for real life failings.

Your personal opinion on this entire thing is irrelevant when what's being discussed is what's best for the game and the playerbase as a whole.
    Not at all. I speak for my group of players. The casual raider. For whom there is tons left to do. All of which is readily available to anyone who puts in the effort to do it. I have not completed the content. Not to the level that I am seeking and feel that rushing content release for 1% of players IS a bad thing. But in the same vent feel that offering dung spray painted gold and calling it bouillon, such as LF"R" and flex raiding along with the possibility of early cross server NORMAL raiding is also a bad thing.
    Last edited by judgementofantonidas; 2014-01-10 at 04:43 PM. Reason: wanted a non swear word for feces.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Deleted
    At this point its seem expansion only get out faster to charge my credit card more often.
    They fasten up the expansion releases but the content lull after the last patch seems to stay the same length.
    Whats my benefit then?

Quote Originally Posted by Rude Hero View Post
    Blizzard's been claiming expansions will be coming out faster since 2009. They're doing their best but I doubt it's coming out before september.

We had this exact same discussion about pandaria and people were convinced there was no way dragon soul would be The Raid for an entire year.
    And those people were right. Dragon Soul wasn't the raid for an entire year- Blizzard said it would be shorter than ICC, and it was. It lasted 10 months to ICC's 12. DS was a shorter raid. Assuming SoO will be the same length as Dragon Soul or shorter, Warlords will be out July 22nd or 29th at the latest.

If it comes out in September, it'll run longer than Dragon Soul, rivaling ICC. I just can't see that happening.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    And those people were right. Dragon Soul wasn't the raid for an entire year- Blizzard said it would be shorter than ICC, and it was. It lasted 10 months to ICC's 12. DS was a shorter raid. Assuming SoO will be the same length as Dragon Soul or shorter, Warlords will be out July 22nd or 29th at the latest.

If it comes out in September, it'll run longer than Dragon Soul, rivaling ICC. I just can't see that happening.

We better see a beta soon than

Kinda doubt it'll be a year of no content, I'd like to think WoD will be out by July

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tidalz View Post
    Kinda doubt it'll be a year of no content, I'd like to think WoD will be out by July
    Kinda doubt it

Quote Originally Posted by trauma443 View Post
    One of the best comments that shows the current mentality. You guys deserve 24 months of non-stop killing SoO trash & bosses again and again. Ad nauseam.

Sigh.
    Ha... Mount Hyjal during Progression. Hit the road! :P

With everyone in full blown alt mode and knowing people WILL come back, I doubt Blizzard's too worried about losing subs.

Quote Originally Posted by Minaah View Post
    if you'd researched a little bit, you'd see there are quotes stating that they definitely want it out and are trying hard as they can to have WoD released before late spring or early summer-- in fact, closer to early spring; probably late March or early April. So ... it most certainly won't be a whole year without new content. And am sure a few folks will get into Beta soon as I'm predicting early Dec closed Beta starts .. mid Dec latest.

source:

Warlords Release Date
    Another MoP patch would delay WoD, so Patch 5.5 isn't going to happen. The entire team is working on WoD right now, so any more MoP content would slow down development.
    Q: "Typically after you announce something it is another year, but we are at Patch 5.4 now. What content do you have planned for between now and then?" A: "Any content we do now will delay the expansion by the same amount of time it took us to make that content. We are completely focused on making the next expansion and will try to deliver that as soon as we can, hopefully on a shorter cycle than players are imagining, but you never know, we will have to see."
    Q: "Typically that would be in the Winter of next year. Does that mean it is a goal to bring it in to Summer or Spring?" A: "Well certainly the goal is before that, but we'll see, it is very hard for us to predict."

Taken from MMO Champs front page, straight from the Q&A at Blizzcon

If youd research a little, youd realize that blizzard says they want to do a LOT of things, and it gets pushed back or dropped.

Also, if blizzard expected the RELEASE of the game to happen in April / March, they would have had beta info going already and/or wouldnt be starting ANOTHER pvp season, which never lasts just a few months. They also would have the new 6.0 patch on the ptr for people to experience and bugtest.

Are you insinuating that blizzard can handle designing and testing everything in the shadows and will just release it on a whim without player interaction?

That would be the first time ever..since Starcraff 1 and Diablo 1 .

Again, just because blizzard SAYS it wants to do something, doesnt mean it ever happens. In fact, it rare ever does happen. It always morphs into something else and/or a different time. Blizzard cant ever rush things.....EVER.

Deleted
    Sadly, I'm seeing it happening.. I wish Blizzard could just drop WoD 6.0 around March, I just hated MoP I don't know I feel so tired and bored of it...

Quote Originally Posted by But I Hate You All View Post
    We better see a beta soon than
    Yes, we had better. Sometime before the end of February for a June or July release for a 4-5 month beta test. Anytime before April, though, and we'll probably see a launch before September 25th, meaning no full year of SoO.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    Yes, we had better. Sometime before the end of February for a June or July release for a 4-5 month beta test. Anytime before April, though, and we'll probably see a launch before September 25th, meaning no full year of SoO.
    I still don't see the WoD beta, taking longer than Cata or MoP.

I'm sorry I can't, I don't see many stuff besides the squish, garisson, and what model/animations problems of the new models for 5 months?

Of course raid content would require testing but still...

EDIT: I'm well aware that it's IMPOSSIBLE for there to be a release till september of WoD due to Diablo's release there's no marketing miracle saving you from launching near Diablo. They're releasing Diablo in March cuz they know they wouldn't release the expansion that earlier.

Plus the whole new PvP season scheme sounds weird.. Bet you on 5.5 leading to 6.0.

Quote Originally Posted by Atirador View Post
    I still don't see the WoD beta, taking longer than Cata or MoP.

I'm sorry I can't, I don't see many stuff besides the squish, garisson, and what model/animations problems of the new models for 5 months?

Of course raid content would require testing but still...

EDIT: I'm well aware that it's IMPOSSIBLE for there to be a release till september of WoD due to Diablo's release there's no marketing miracle saving you from launching near Diablo. They're releasing Diablo in March cuz they know they wouldn't release the expansion that earlier.

Plus the whole new PvP season scheme sounds weird.. Bet you on 5.5 leading to 6.0.
    It's certainly not impossible to see a release before September. Diablo's expansion is launching in March, the end of a fiscal quarter. There's marketing precedent for launching something in the following quarter, April-June.