View Poll Results: Do you agree with Blizzard decision ? No content till WOD

Voters
981. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    425 43.32%
  • No

    354 36.09%
  • Don't care

    202 20.59%
Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
5
6
14
... LastLast
  1. #61
    Quote Originally Posted by Injin View Post
    I suppose it does depend on the definition. If by "they have released content faster" you mean "they have released content faster" then yes, they have released content faster. if by "release content faster" you meant "larger patches and more content overal" then no, they haven't.

    I'll stick to the plain meaning of words though if it's all the same and yes, they released content faster. Allowing random and new version of simple words I'm not in favour of, talking to people becomes like nailing fog to a wall and fuck that shit.
    lol that actually made me laugh out loud, thanks... but my point is valid I think. They release content faster which is good, but it's the same amount of content. The statement "we're hoping to release content much faster" leads people to believe, every year, that we'll see more content more quickly, not just the same amount of content released in smaller amounts, thus meeting the dictionary definition or their statement without intending to meet everyone's expectations or faster content and more of it.
    Dragonslayer Hoddie - pretending to know what I'm doing!

  2. #62
    Id rather faster WoD more than random patches.

  3. #63
    Herald of the Titans Injin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,978
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoddie View Post
    lol that actually made me laugh out loud, thanks... but my point is valid I think. They release content faster which is good, but it's the same amount of content. The statement "we're hoping to release content much faster" leads people to believe, every year, that we'll see more content more quickly, not just the same amount of content released in smaller amounts, thus meeting the dictionary definition or their statement without intending to meet everyone's expectations or faster content and more of it.
    Your point is valid, I agree with it as you state it there and i'll add that was found nowhere in the original discussion.

    I didn't do it, whatever it was!
    http://secretgl.wordpress.com/

    Guild Blog for <Debonair> EU, Zenedar.

  4. #64
    Over 9000! Hyve's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Great Britain
    Posts
    9,905
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    That's a pretty short beta run, no?
    Who says that we won't see a Beta very soon?

    The amount of work done that we saw looked pretty good. The only major feature I feel will be too far behind for that timescale is the new Models.

  5. #65
    if they put beta on january we could get til june

  6. #66
    Personally?

    I think the lack of an annual pass is the biggest hint that they're getting this out far earlier than a year. They did that little offer to keep sub decline steady until the release of MoP, had they not done that it would have been far disastrous. Now they aren't doing one so it's pretty safe to assume that they're aiming for a shorter beta and shorter wait until release.

  7. #67
    Is this like, the first end of expansion you've ever seen?

    Pity there's no Annual Pass, I'd be happy to get RoS free, and of course a shiny mount!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

  8. #68
    Blademaster Roarey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Florida, USA
    Posts
    45
    I voted, I don't care...not because I am not eager to play it but because I am pretty certain it will not be as all of the "OMG, the world is over" posters predict. Doubtful that it will be even close to a year. And honestly, so what if it is...the breakneck speed of the entire MoP expansion has left me a little dizzy and I wouldn't be opposed to having some downtime to clear up older stuff again..as well as poke some heroic bosses with my laidback raid group and make sure my whole guild gets their wolf! So relax, have fun and trust that we will have it as soon™ as they can!

    Signature design by Shyama
    I would rather have 30 minutes of wonderful, than a lifetime of nothing special!

  9. #69
    Elemental Lord Arbs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Draenor
    Posts
    8,942
    When 5.5 was suppose to be released than that is prbly when Beta for WoD will start.

    As Blizzcon was the Press Release, so there is a good chance we will get the Beta soon. As for MoP after the Press Release we got Beta in 2 weeks. This time we maybe get it end November or December 2013.

    So if Beta release Novemeber / December. 6 Month Beta will be May - June, if it is faster the possibility of April Release is possible.
    They may be farther ahead than they are telling us.
    Last edited by Arbs; 2013-11-10 at 02:12 PM.

  10. #70
    Quote Originally Posted by But I Hate You All View Post
    pretty short Alpha
    Both alpha and beta was alot shorter in Mop than other expansions so not that wierd if it will be a short alpha and beta for WoD since they invite ALOT more people to the beta now that earlier.
    Last edited by Raven; 2013-11-10 at 02:14 PM.

  11. #71
    They will probably realese more content, I mean we pay monthly.

  12. #72
    They should do an annual pass with Heroes of the Storm I would buy that.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Arbsbear View Post
    When 5.5 was suppose to be released than that is prbly when Beta for WoD will start.

    As Blizzcon was the Press Release, so there is a good chance we will get the Beta soon. As for MoP after the Press Release we got Beta in 2 weeks. This time we maybe get it end November or December 2013.

    So if Beta release Novemeber / December. 6 Month Beta will be May - June, if it is faster the possibility of April Release is possible.
    They may be farther ahead than they are telling us.
    I very much doubt it. If beta was next month surely they would of announced it at Blizzcon.

  13. #73
    Given the info they shared with us, I would say:

    Closed beta - early / mid December
    5-6 months is more than enough, given that there are no new races or classes.
    Mid April - Early May -> Release

  14. #74
    Titan Kangodo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    13,069
    Beta in december, release in May/June.
    So where is that year without content?

  15. #75
    Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    Both alpha and beta was alot shorter in Mop than other expansions so not that wierd if it will be a short alpha and beta for WoD since they invite ALOT more people to the beta now that earlier.
    Mists beta was so large because of the automatic acceptance through the AP. The odds are that the Warlords beta won't have as many people in it.

  16. #76
    What content could you want before WoD?

    Blizz already said that garrosh's trial is the intro to the new expansion, so that is not an option for a MoP patch.

    Would you like another failure filler patch like the damn crusader tournaments in WotLK, or the stupid red dragon shrine (in wyrmrest temple) boss patch that like 1% of the people saw?

    Personally i love WoD and i want it here sooner (especially old model reworks), and i don't want any useless pointless pre-expansion patches to delay it.

  17. #77
    Happens every expansion, SO UNEXPECTED :O

  18. #78
    People never learn I guess. Most of them thought MoP will be released in June too, because it looked so READY! and "Blizzard said they won't repeat ICC"!
    And the amount of patch content this expansion has not been something great, to be honest. They managed to hold on to their promise of having each raid tier last around 6 months, but patches like 5.1 and 5.3 were utter jokes that offered almost nothing. That's why people left en masse during those patches.

    Still think Q3-Q4 2014. Although the expansion does seem more like two major content patches in one. Nothing game-changing and nothing new per se.

  19. #79
    If there is one thing proven in all these years, is that both BETA and PTR are bloody useless.
    They do not take player feedback seriously anyway, and keep most of the bugs in until 2 patches into live.



    Might as well skip the process, and just have us pay to test, like we will end up doing anyway.

  20. #80
    I wouldn't be surprised out all if it was released March-April.

    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    If there is one thing proven in all these years, is that both BETA and PTR are bloody useless.
    They do not take player feedback seriously anyway, and keep most of the bugs in until 2 patches into live.



    Might as well skip the process, and just have us pay to test, like we will end up doing anyway.
    That is one of the dumbest things I have ever heard.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •