Poll: Do you agree with Blizzard decision ? No content till WOD

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Don't really mind if it takes up to a year to release, will give me more time to do other things like IRL stuff, I do need a break to sort stuff out anyway. Not going to quit, but a break is good now and then

Quote Originally Posted by But I Hate You All View Post
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Q: "Typically that would be in the Winter of next year. Does that mean it is a goal to bring it in to Summer or Spring?"
    A: "Well certainly the goal is before that, but we'll see, it is very hard for us to predict."
    also considering we dont have a beta. Past xpacs etc but to be fair I could have had a better title
    this expansion is alot farther along then past expacs were. alot of the zones are done/close to done already and theres no new class to balance.

theres no new race so they dont have to make a whole bunch of completely new animations like dances and stuff.

the biggest thing they will probably have to test are the garrisons.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    this expansion is alot farther along then past expacs were. alot of the zones are done/close to done already and theres no new class to balance.

theres no new race so they dont have to make a whole bunch of completely new animations like dances and stuff.

Well to be fair how much of the zones have we seen done? No races or classes true but still they got to balances said classes in the game, do the Squish, make sure there are no bugs, I really hope they do not do what they did with mop and push it out with tons of bugs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post

Re doing most of the current character models including some (not all) animations is in my mind going to be more of a goal that one new race. Team is busier than ever, however

10+ Year Old Account
    I get feeling we will be in Beta real soon if they already had on show some of the content. I don't think it will take a full year, but I can't see an early Spring launch either.

As above that someone else stated, will give me time to enjoy other games/PS4 a fair bit first. Also perhaps heal up a fair bit of my WoW burnout too.
    Friendship is like peeing on yourself, everyone can see it, but only you get to feel the warmth it brings.

Well to be fair how much of the zones have we seen done? No races or classes true but still they got to balances said classes in the game, do the Squish, make sure there are no bugs, I really hope they do not do what they did with mop and push it out with tons of bugs.
    Squish is already done; they've already worked on it for MoP and never turned it on. It was also on during the Blizzcon demo.

from what i remember they already finished the item squish back before mists came out they just didnt feel like it felt like the right time to release it, assuming they werent lying that means the only thing they have to squish and test is mists items.

as for how many are done, both the starting zones/city zones for the horde and alliance were completely done, 1 (maybe 2 cant remember what the people testing them said) of the dungeons are done, and then we saw from screenshots that most of the other zones are a good deal of the way done.

theres still a good bit to get done but i dont think a goal for summer is that absurd

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fixup View Post
    Re doing most of the current character models including some (not all) animations is in my mind going to be more of a goal that one new race. Team is busier than ever, however
    more work in the end yes, but part of the time that a new race takes isnt in the work itself but in ideas. all the models need alot of work but all the reference is still there, theyre updating not changing so that makes it easier, for a new race they have to decide how that race is going to move, how they are going to look, what dance they are going to do, voice overs, starting zones.

so while more work work, less thought work.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Deleted
    Will stay subbed for another couple of months to do the normal pre-expansion prep work, after i've got my gear maxed out i can't see antyhing else for me to do thats worth the £9/month price tag.

Deleted
    There are no new classes, and no big class revamps as there were in Cata and MoP. This will save the dev team a lot of time.

Sorry bro these are not the official forums your text does not turn green when your nose turns brown. Basic reading comprehension would go along way of reading what the poll is asking. I see the "hater" card here enough So figured fair is fair
    lol ok, wish I'd read your signature before I bothered responding. I see what's going on here now.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puffler View Post
    Will stay subbed for another couple of months to do the normal pre-expansion prep work, after i've got my gear maxed out i can't see antyhing else for me to do thats worth the £9/month price tag.

Same here. I hope they have the xpac out by than

Quote Originally Posted by Aureth View Post
    It'll be out between March and May, I'd actually say closer to March. IRT fast beta-TBC's beta was only three months(started early October, 2006, TBC released early Jan, 2007.) They could easily do the same thing here.
    End-game on TBC release was epic fail, overtuned content, bug filled fights, epics worse than blues etc - it was fixed with 2.1.
    You DO NOT WANT them doing it again...

10+ Year Old Account
    I SEVERELY doubt that it'll be a year. ICC was basically a year and the game somehow survived, but I do not see that happening again. There will be no patch 5.5, no "Ruby Sanctum" so to speak to stall things. MoP was 21 months after Cataclysm which is the shortest time between expansions. They said they wanted them out faster, and while they didn't hit the 18 month mark they hoped for, they DID get it out faster than before. I have no reason to believe, especially after saying all production is on WoD as there will be no 5.5, that it will take a year. Assuming another 21 month span (I doubt Blizzard will ever get it down to 18), WoD would be released in June. 9 months should always be expected between the final raid patch and x.0. It has always been that way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stylez View Post
    WoD beta to start in Jan/Feb run for 6 months then release. Still leaves us with no new content for 8 - 9 months
    Perhaps they won't need that long for beta testing based on experiences in the past. They do get better and faster with content releases, why not for an expansion?

Deleted
    I think we are used to rushing through content as soon as it becomes available, and even before with all the datamining we already know practically everything before any new content hits. That greatly reduces our enjoyment but that's another story I guess

10+ Year Old Account
    let them take their time

Release 5.5: OMG WoD is going to take ages, hurry up BLIZZ!

No 5.5: OMG what are we supposed to do till WoD comes out??

MFW: @_@

Not like we would get out of WoD if there was a patch 5.5
    Where i upload all my music:
    My Soundcloud!

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    amazing that most people in this poll are content with no new content, you got to demand more if you want more.
    It's not a "betrayal" or a hating attitude, to just say "this is not okay". you can love a game, yet be critical of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vankrys View Post
    amazing that most people in this poll are content with no new content, you got to demand more if you want more.
    It's not a "betrayal" or a hating attitude, to just say "this is not okay". you can love a game, yet be critical of it.
    Blizzard just knows its player base well. Last time they had no content for a year they only lost 25% of it. They know the 75% that they kept are happy with nothing. When people are happy receiving nothing they can do what they want.