Poll: Do you agree with Blizzard decision ? No content till WOD

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by But I Hate You All View Post
    Mop was announced in Oct and released in Sept the following year.

Other xpacs have the same record
    It makes a lot more sense to compare it to when previous content was released than the actual expansion announcement.

Previous content is a good pointer for long they actually worked on the expansion, the announcement is just an arbitrary time when they chose to tell us.
    My addons:
    Announce Interrupts: Announces in chat when you interrupt a spell.
    Tol Barad Reminder: Reminds you to queue for Tol Barad by printing a message when the battle is approaching.
    EasyLogger: Turns on /combatlog inside raid instances, and off outside.
    Simple class resource bars: Paladin Rogue Shaman Monk Priest

It's a pretty big joke. They serve 7 million people (or whatever the number is). They treat the game as if it's for 500k people.
    You have tasks for people to do, so hire them. Everything they claim to want to do but will take more time off other projects... get people to do this stuff.

Easy reason why this game is going downhill, they're on cruise control at this point until Titan.

Quote Originally Posted by fangless View Post
    It's a pretty big joke. They serve 7 million people (or whatever the number is). They treat the game as if it's for 500k people.
    You have tasks for people to do, so hire them. Everything they claim to want to do but will take more time off other projects... get people to do this stuff.

Easy reason why this game is going downhill, they're on cruise control at this point until Titan.
    They're currently expanding the WoW team by 40% and plan to expand it by 40% again very soon.

It's not like hiring a cleaner, they only want to bring in people who can provide content at the level they want so they can't just throw in a bunch of randomers into the WoW team

My personal opinion, last MoP patch just could not keep me running for more than 2 weeks because of it's pure boringness.

In some sort of perspective, yeah I am very excited for Warlord to come out

If it turns out to be a year, then that will be one boring year, then again I wont care either way.

Deleted
    No new content sucks but their reasons make sense.

Didnt we kill death wing for 12 month and we were fine?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormgnoef View Post
    You call that fine? I think it was 10 months though.

No 5.4 means it'll be out much sooner than a year from now.
    They're probably shooting for April.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vhalerius View Post
    No 5.4 means it'll be out much sooner than a year from now.
    They're probably shooting for April.
    That's still 8 months of SoO

Deleted
    MoP Beta started in January and the game was released in September. They said they are releasing faster so I would guess June-August. .

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    That's still 8 months of SoO
    not that bad if you compare it to the other expansions end content.

No 5.5 = next expact gets rolled out sooner, at least according to the interview in Blizzcon

10+ Year Old Account
    They will most definitely pull it out in Spring, early Summer the latest.

ActiBlizz are not dumb, they know that any more than that and a lot of precious subs will be wasted. They can prance around all they want with their "when it's done", but I am sure they have some very strict deadlines going on there internally.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by durrtygoodz View Post
    What makes you doubt they can't get it out somewhere between April-June?
    The new pvp season

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post

ActiBlizz are not dumb, they know that any more than that and a lot of precious subs will be wasted. They can prance around all they want with their "when it's done", but I am sure they have some very strict deadlines going on there internally.
    Yea?

looks like I was right back in Nov

- - - Updated - - -

in other words told you so

Deleted
    WoD please. I don't mind no new content, but then speed the game up.

Quote Originally Posted by RicardoZ View Post
    I wish they wouldn't even do a Beta. You know the reason why content used to last a lot longer than it does now? There weren't guides and videos and loot tables and spreadsheets out months before content even went live. You weren't expected to know every mechanic on every boss before you even accepted the quest to enter the dungeon. I wish we could just up and erase all theorycrafting and betas and things like that for good.
    Might be true at some point, but the hardcore community used guides and theorycraft in vanilla already. With the release failures with BWL (BugWingLair) and AQ in some way (C'Tun unkillable until fix) they agreed Testing is needed and every "surprise" boss suffered from not been tested enough (Sinestra &Dark Simulacrum) and the "Really Hard" Ra-Den most recently.

The thing that kept people busy was the "no catch-up" system policy that forced everyone through progress of all Raids from begining and lenghtening content in that way. If MoP and Cata didnt had LFR or Valor Vendors the new leveled people would need to start from beginning and maybe didnt finish SoO or even ToT in time of WoD release (expected). If you grind some coins and run ToT LFR and than SoO LFR/Flex you have SoO ready Char in maybe 2 weeks?

Also, figuring out tactic and build functional strategy can be done by serious theorycrafters (with videos and logs) in matter of hours....so if you erase it, it will be complete in week at most.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormgnoef View Post
    One of the best comments that shows the current mentality. You guys deserve 24 months of non-stop killing SoO trash & bosses again and again. Ad nauseam.

Sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post

Lol, where in the world do you people come up with this stuff?

Reposting for relevancy:

Quote Originally Posted by spectrefax View Post
    I'm really confused.

Every single expansion people think and say, "Spring release... Summer release... Yep, absolutely." Yet it never, ever happens. Where do people get these weird ideas?

Courtesy of: http://www.wowwiki.com/Timeline_%28World_of_Warcraft%29

Nov 23, 2004 - WoW Launch.
    Jan 16, 2007 - BC Launch.
    Nov 13, 2008 - Wrath Launch.
    Dec 7, 2010 - Cata Launch.
    Sept 25, 2012 - MoP Launch.

With the exception of BC, likely because Blizzard was still a "when it's ready" company then, every single release has been in Fall or right on Fall's doorstep for the holiday season. People were saying "Spring release, definitely!" for both Cata and MoP, and here they are, saying it again for WoD. I'll see you guys in WoD in Sept.
    If you haven't noticed... Blizzard LOVES fall/winter/holiday releases with WoW. Not a chance in the world WoD is going to be out in Spring/Summer, especially when beta hasn't even started, especially when they know the players will handle 12 months of one tier and still buy the next expansion.
    Last edited by spectrefax; 2014-01-08 at 06:57 PM.

Deleted
    Yes. Pandaria sucks, I want the new expansion sooner rather than later.