Poll: Do you agree with Blizzard decision ? No content till WOD

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooboy View Post
    Between Naxx and TBC was 210 days
    Between Sunwell and WOTLK was 233 days
    Between ICC and 'The Shattering' was 350 days (196 days between ICC and Ruby Sanctum, and 156 days between Ruby Sanctum and 'The Shattering') +14 another days for Cata release
    Between DS and Theramore was 294 days, +7 another days for MoP release

I have a timeline for all the main patches and releases because sometimes I get bored
    Assuming this is accurate:

-I wish Naxx to TBC was > 210 days as many people where still learning, hell another year would have been just fine with me. I came on board late and this game was as shiny as it gets

-Similar situation with TBC to Wrath, bought xpac late and by the time I started raiding it was September. Raiding was also new to me and many other players. Hindsight a "filler" raid to ease Sunwell's progression would have been a welcome additional (Patch 2.5 FTW!)

-ICC was out way too long, but Ruby Sanctum helped some ppl's cravings and aided getting more Herioc bosses, or normal down.

-Can't speak personally for DS, or much of Cata since I quit then, but from reading it seems the raid itself was the real issue

-MOP to WOD should bring a filler, 6 months or so after SoO to help anyone still after some kills a few pieces of extra gear could help give imo. Also a new pvp season is the nail in April / May release date coffin. It will not be out till at least summer, so another raid would help deter many subs on the edge from unsubbing come March.

I'd be fine with no more content if it meant WoD was pretty close to being released. I feel like we'll be sitting in SoO for another 6-7 months though, which I don't think is good because a lot of people are bored of it already.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    I'd be fine with no more content if it meant WoD was pretty close to being released. I feel like we'll be sitting in SoO for another 6-7 months though, which I don't think is good because a lot of people are bored of it already.
    Yep soo might beat icc for time

Quote Originally Posted by But I Hate You All View Post
    Considering we do not have a Beta and looking at past history I think in my opinion Wod won't be out for around a year. Blizzard says they are going to try to get it out sooner. We will see. Either way they said no new content Till WOD comes out

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Another MoP patch would delay WoD, so Patch 5.5 isn't going to happen. The entire team is working on WoD right now, so any more MoP content would slow down development.
    Q: "Typically after you announce something it is another year, but we are at Patch 5.4 now. What content do you have planned for between now and then?"
    A: "Any content we do now will delay the expansion by the same amount of time it took us to make that content. We are completely focused on making the next expansion and will try to deliver that as soon as we can, hopefully on a shorter cycle than players are imagining, but you never know, we will have to see."

Q: "Typically that would be in the Winter of next year. Does that mean it is a goal to bring it in to Summer or Spring?"
    A: "Well certainly the goal is before that, but we'll see, it is very hard for us to predict."
    Im sorry but your quote makes me think your nothing but a doomsayer so i can't take anything you say as fact at all sir.also your name on top of that is not helping at all or opinion at all.ill be going now peace sir.
    Last edited by mikencarly; 2014-01-09 at 02:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mikencarly View Post
    Im sorry but your quote makes me think your nothing but a doomsayer so i can't take anything you say as fact at all sir.also your name on top of that is not helping at all or opinion at all.ill be going now peace sir.
    So nothing to add ? Just buthurt fanboy trolling? No such thing as a Doomsayer. Maybe the mods will do their job and give you a infraction for trolling since that is pretty much all you have done. I said Wod would not be out till about Sept 2014 looks like I Was right unless prideful is going to be the shortest pvp season ever

Calling other users trolls and "butthurt fanboys" is not constructive discussion.

^ hey mod,

it's okay for your butbuddy to call people doomsayers tho right?
    Last edited by But I Hate You All; 2014-01-12 at 09:25 AM.

They are already building and testing raid bosses. I'm not gonna say who told me that, but that should be an indication of the progress.

I would expect a release to coincide with summer break.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NoShelter View Post
    They are already building and testing raid bosses. I'm not gonna say who told me that, but that should be an indication of the progress.

I would expect a release to coincide with summer break.
    My Cousins brothers uncles dad's lover works at Blizzard and told me your wrong.

See I can make up shit too

The new pvp season

- - - Updated - - -

Yea?

looks like I was right back in Nov

- - - Updated - - -

in other words told you so
    Holika's statement means next to nothing about the length of the season or the expansion release timeline. Read the rest of his tweets on the topic, especially "Trying to break the trend of long seasons to end the expac. People are reading waaaaay too much into it," and "I definitely did NOT say the new PvP season would last around 20-25 weeks. I'd say that's the max length I'd want it."

If the current season lasts around 20 weeks, and the following season lasts less than 20 weeks, a June release is still perfectly possible. Nothing is certain or confirmed based on this statement.

Last edited by Daetur; 2014-01-10 at 04:02 AM.

So nothing to add ? Just buthurt fanboy trolling? No such thing as a Doomsayer. Maybe the mods will do their job and give you a infraction for trolling since that is pretty much all you have done. I said Wod would not be out till about Sept 2014 looks like I Was right unless prideful is going to be the shortest pvp season ever
    It probably will be the shortest pvp season ever.

It's there as a short term fix to keep PvP players subbed.

June-July always has been and still is the most likely release date

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    Holika's statement means next to nothing about the length of the season or the expansion release timeline. Read the rest of his tweets on the topic, especially "Trying to break the trend of long seasons to end the expac. People are reading waaaaay too much into it," and "I definitely did NOT say the new PvP season would last around 20-25 weeks. I'd say that's the max length I'd want it."

If the current season lasts around 20 weeks, and the following season lasts less than 20 weeks, a June release is still perfectly possible. Nothing is certain or confirmed based on this statement.

Well see but i dobut it will be short. Also let me put this out here "Calling other users trolls and "butthurt fanboys" is not constructive discussion. You say but him calling me a hater and a Doomsayer is ok? Well he was sure in the hell trolling and derailing the thread. Stop being biased when you do your job as a mod. Idc if I get infracted again or not for saying this but really sword gots to cut both ways. I just did the same shit back too him.
    Last edited by But I Hate You All; 2014-01-10 at 04:18 AM.

Well see but i dobut it will be short. Also let me put this out here "Calling other users trolls and "butthurt fanboys" is not constructive discussion. You say but him calling me a hater and a Doomsayer is ok? Well he was sure in the hell trolling and derailing the thread. Stop being biased when you do your job as a mod. Idc if I get infracted again or not for saying this but really sword gots to cut both ways. I just did the same shit back too him.
    But you see you doubt it simply because like in most of the threads you create you like to stir controversy and attempt to get as many people as possible to insult Blizzard lest they be called fanboys.

The dev himself has said that it's been read way too far into and has no bearing on the upcoming expac. It could easily last 3-4 months as a short term fix to keep PvPers playing and after new gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    But you see you doubt it simply because like in most of the threads you create you like to stir controversy and attempt to get as many people as possible to insult Blizzard lest they be called fanboys.

The dev himself has said that it's been read way too far into and has no bearing on the upcoming expac. It could easily last 3-4 months as a short term fix to keep PvPers playing and after new gear.
    /checks threads dates

oh yea right after blizzcon!

I was told by many in this thread it would be coming in Spring. Adding a pvp season pretty much kills a spring release of WOD. People don't like the threads I make don't post in them that simple. Some one wants to come in and troll it call me a "doomsayer" I am going troll his ass back but wait I just broke the rules not him right? because I said something the mod did not like? Also I do not need to make a thread to call people fanboys really read the shit post "Im sorry but your quote makes me think your nothing but a doomsayer so i can't take anything you say as fact at all sir.also your name on top of that is not helping at all or opinion at all.ill be going now peace sir."

Nothing he posted had to do with the thread it was trolling flat out and insults but hey thats right I am in the wrong *gasp* because I dare not praise The all mighty Blizzard! If I deserved a infraction so does mikencarly for his trolling but hey half ass moding will be half ass right?
    Last edited by But I Hate You All; 2014-01-10 at 04:28 AM.

/checks threads dates

oh yea right after blizzcon!

I was told by many in this thread it would be coming in Spring. Adding a pvp season pretty much kills a spring release of WOD. People don't like the threads I make don't post in them that simple. Some one wants to come in and troll it call me a "doomsayer" I am going troll his ass back but wait I just broke the rules not him right? because I said something the mod did not like?
    Most people, as shown by the release date estimate thread believe it'll be May-August period, IMO that's still dead on the money, sure you can keep bumping this thread to have a laugh at the minority but I don't really see the point

10+ Year Old Account
    I really hope WoW loses a LOT of subs, this kind of shit is unacceptable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    Most people, as shown by the release date estimate thread believe it'll be May-August period, IMO that's still dead on the money, sure you can keep bumping this thread to have a laugh at the minority but I don't really see the point

Well it better hit beta by next mo than for May-aug

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Razorice View Post
    I really hope WoW loses a LOT of subs, this kind of shit is unacceptable.

Careful you will get called a "hater" and a "doomsayer"

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawnshadow View Post
    Why does everyone always act shocked and complain about a close to year-long lull after the final raid comes out when this has happened in every single expansion so far?

Hasn't killed the game yet.
    and a slow death doesnt count?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lokinrond713 View Post
    and a slow death doesnt count?
    People will scream the game is fine and the game is old till Blizzard makes it F2p

10+ Year Old Account
    If you feel there is an issue with moderation, please bring it up with a global or an admin, and we can discuss it privately or appeal any infractions. Please do not derail threads with it.

Thank you.

Don't matter to me. Haven't been subbed for almost 6 months and won't be again till WoD. Currently playing and enjoying other games. They can take as long as they normally do. Won't bother me either way.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm expecting an autumn or winter release, they say they want to release expansions quicker each time they make one but they never do.