Poll: Do you agree with Blizzard decision ? No content till WOD

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Klabernia View Post
    i wouldnt say that a heroic version of content can be called content ... if you cleared suo than content is clear ... u killed the final boss .. so what
    And many non raiders or those who call themselves raiders but are incapable of taking on more than one mechanic simultaneously like to tell themselves that even down to the LF"R" level. When the simple fact is that if you have not beaten the boss on it's most challenging difficulty, you have not beaten the boss period.

If you have cleared LR"R" and it's cardboard cut out bosses you are done with the content by your standard.
    If you have cleared Flex with it's pop up moving dummies painted like bosses you are clearly wasting your time by your standard.
    If you have cleared the Normal version of the boss you must be some kind of super hero for exceeding the prior two mock up raids.
    And finally if you meet the challenge of beating bosses that are the true challenge of the game you must be insane cuz dats tew hawd.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Not really, because the ones tit whining that they have no content are generally non raiding players who have cleared zero progression content.
    I don't know if that's true, but suppose it is.

So? If the number of people who have run out of content that they would like to do is large - and it is large - shouldn't that be a problem and a signal to the devs that they should do something about it, lest these people leave (since they, well, have nothing to do)?

Because they might not return, you know. Some 5 millions have already left and never returned...

- - - Updated - - -

And many non raiders or those who call themselves raiders but are incapable of taking on more than one mechanic simultaneously like to tell themselves that even down to the LF"R" level. When the simple fact is that if you have not beaten the boss on it's most challenging difficulty, you have not beaten the boss period.

If you have cleared LR"R" and it's cardboard cut out bosses you are done with the content by your standard.
    If you have cleared Flex with it's pop up moving dummies painted like bosses you are clearly wasting your time by your standard.
    If you have cleared the Normal version of the boss you must be some kind of super hero for exceeding the prior two mock up raids.
    And finally if you meet the challenge of beating bosses that are the true challenge of the game you must be insane cuz dats tew hawd.
    Oh, I see your point. Heroic raiders are the only worthy players. OK...

Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    You're operating under the assumption that 100% of players are attempting to, or want to kill heroic Garrosh.

The vast vast majority of players don't want to raid, especially past LFR
    I can only speak towards the average raiding player. As that is what I am. I honestly do not consider people who farm five year old content for transmog, supply raiding mats to the auction house for our consumption, find poke' wow a challenge, to be the players that Blizzard devoted the majority of their time convincing to play. Sure they hand you a carrot once in a while in order to keep the subscription moneys flowing, but you are here to support raiding whether you wish to believe it or not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, you either get a measly patch that'll hold you for a couple weeks maybe less or have them focus on the expansion to get it out faster. What would you rather have? Me, I prefer them focusing on the expansion. I'd take an expansion over a big patch any day so the sooner we get it the better. Yeah it may be a while and it may be boring on WoW for a few months but still I think it's good they're putting all their time into the expansion and not making sure that we have something to do all the time. There's plenty of stuff for people to do with all the professions, mini-games, dungeons/raids, transmoging, and leveling a different character or creating a new character. If it's really that bad then unsubscribe until the expansion comes out but from what Blizzard is saying the expansion should be out in just a couple of months. We're in January and they say they want it out in spring time which is March and April and that's only 2-3 months away. So your best bet, if you're really that bored, is to just try to find something fun to do and just hang on for a couple months.
    Last edited by Pony Soldier; 2014-01-10 at 03:18 PM.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

I can only speak towards the average raiding player. As that is what I am. I honestly do not consider people who farm five year old content for transmog, supply raiding mats to the auction house for our consumption, find poke' wow a challenge, to be the players that Blizzard devoted the majority of their time convincing to play. Sure they hand you a carrot once in a while in order to keep the subscription moneys flowing, but you are here to support raiding whether you wish to believe it or not.
    I find your posts arrogant. Some might find them downright offensive. Tone this down, please.

Except that's not how a major company does or should work.

94% of players (i'm sure that's the stat I read) have yet to kill any heroic boss, that implies most have no intention of doing so. When the game was new it could fly that these people could be kept happy by exploring the world and the game, but now it doesn't work.

You can operate under the narcissistic assumption that Blizzard somehow cares more about the money of the 5% but that's simply false. Things such as the legendary quest, LFR and Flex are clear strides to cater to the masses, however they operated under the assumption that people who don't raid want to but can't, which isn't the case. In the coming years i'm sure we'll see a massive shift towards non raiding content for Blizzard.

You can operate under the assumption that you're somehow better than somebody who can't devote 20 hours a week to raiding, but that's not the case in anybody's eyes except the few heroic raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    I don't know if that's true, but suppose it is.

So? If the number of people who have run out of content that they would like to do is large - and it is large - shouldn't that be a problem and a signal to the devs that they should do something about it, lest these people leave (since they, well, have nothing to do)?

Because they might not return, you know. Some 5 millions have already left and never returned...

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, I see your point. Heroic raiders are the only worthy players. OK...
    to your first comment, maybe the conent is tuned to difficult if only one percent of players are capable of handling it.
    maybe Blizz just spends too much time trying to keep the support players paying subscriptions and this has created an imbalance of too much support not enough player.

And on the second statement, I do not think I can be any more clear. If you do not complete at least a major amount of the content "ahead of the curve" then you obviously need to try harder not to stand in easily avoidable raid damage or join the millions of players who gave up trying.

- - - Updated - - -

I find your posts arrogant. Some might find them downright offensive. Tone this down, please.
    Take it as you like it. You are coloring my statements with your feelings. I am not using offensive language, I am not posting personal information or insulting you directly. I am using my rights as decreed by many governments all over the world to express myself in a public forum. Much as you are. I could say that the dozens of posts concerning lack of entry level or below casual content is offensive when I log on every day to try to become what I am currently not and that is a raider who has reached his goals. I could not be bothered with trivial content until such time as I am valor capped one hour after logging on on every Tuesday, have upgraded whatever pieces I can prior to raid time, and have downed as many bosses as I can in our six hour raid week. After that I take on the support roll myself, with alts etc. Just because offends you does not make a thing true.

Except that's not how a major company does or should work.

94% of players (i'm sure that's the stat I read) have yet to kill any heroic boss, that implies most have no intention of doing so. When the game was new it could fly that these people could be kept happy by exploring the world and the game, but now it doesn't work.

You can operate under the narcissistic assumption that Blizzard somehow cares more about the money of the 5% but that's simply false. Things such as the legendary quest, LFR and Flex are clear strides to cater to the masses, however they operated under the assumption that people who don't raid want to but can't, which isn't the case. In the coming years i'm sure we'll see a massive shift towards non raiding content for Blizzard.

You can operate under the assumption that you're somehow better than somebody who can't devote 20 hours a week to raiding, but that's not the case in anybody's eyes except the few heroic raiders.
    I have clearly stated to the contrary concerning Blizzard and what they care about. They absolutely do care about your money. Of course they overwhelmingly support the statement that YOUR MONEY, as well as mine is abundantly thrown at the content that drives the game. That content being raiding.

As to better, nope. I am a completely hum drum average player. Not one of the 2% and I devote 6 hours a week to raiding. 2 hours a night, 3 nights a week. In that time I get my below average number of reg bosses down while striving to improve.

My answer to the "assumption" that people not clearing raid content is not their inability to do so is show me. If you are capable you would be a doer and not a sayer.

I have clearly stated to the contrary concerning Blizzard and what they care about. They absolutely do care about your money. Of course they overwhelmingly support the statement that YOUR MONEY, as well as mine is abundantly thrown at the content that drives the game. That content being raiding.

As to better, nope. I am a completely hum drum average player. Not one of the 2% and I devote 6 hours a week to raiding. 2 hours a night, 3 nights a week. In that time I get my below average number of reg bosses down while striving to improve.

My answer to the "assumption" that people not clearing raid content is not their inability to do so is show me. If you are capable you would be a doer and not a sayer.
    I've done heroic content in the past, but never considered it content. I don't think I'm even going to bother anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    I've done heroic content in the past, but never considered it content. I don't think I'm even going to bother anymore.
    Gratz you gave up?

Gratz you gave up?
    Just showing a POV from someone whos done hc raiding that it isn't content, proving that the other guy wasn't assuming.
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Show you how?

I don't WANT to do organised raiding anymore, i've been there done that got the t-shirt, much like many players don't WANT to. I have absolutely no intention of doing the same raid over and over again on 4 difficulties with 1-2 more mechanics and a damage buff. I can "show" you i've done it by saying i've killed many of the difficult "current content" bosses in TBC/WOTLK if you like.

If by show you mean quit, then yes I already have done, I cancelled my account last week until WoD as I have very little to do in the game until WoD except level alts

to your first comment, maybe the conent is tuned to difficult if only one percent of players are capable of handling it.
    maybe Blizz just spends too much time trying to keep the support players paying subscriptions and this has created an imbalance of too much support not enough player.
    I am not sure I understand. Here's my question again:

If the number of people who have run out of content that they would like to do is large - and it is large - shouldn't that be a problem and a signal to the devs that they should do something about it, lest these people leave (since they, well, have nothing to do)?

Is your answer - no, that's not a problem, or yes, that's a problem? And if that's not a problem, then why?

10+ Year Old Account
    That's actually very good question. They said they going to release content faster and WoD is advanced in development (at least more than mop was at that point), yet they consider give us one more pvp season and pre-wod book will be released 6th of may. I hope if they are going to give us some content it will not be just one boss. At least 7 could done the job imo.

People need to chill the F out. Its as if people expected a beta door to open on January 2nd with heavenly music and a bright shining white light. The current content is only 4 months old, if they stuck to the regular release schedule they would still have 2 months before the next tier came out.

About the only problem I have with 5.4 is that the entire process of gearing up can be leap frogged over directly to SoO which removes about 2/3rd of the time I would of been doing stuff in game. While its nice to be able to quickly get a friend back into raiding my personal experience has been cheapened by allowing me to ignore all that other stuff I use to look forward to doing, like working my way through dungeons to LFR to raiding.

Deleted
    Damn, WoD seems to be taking way longer than expected :/. I did quit playing WoW but I was quite excited for WoD, sucks that it'll be taking so long.

Show you how?

I don't WANT to do organised raiding anymore, i've been there done that got the t-shirt, much like many players don't WANT to. I have absolutely no intention of doing the same raid over and over again on 4 difficulties with 1-2 more mechanics and a damage buff. I can "show" you i've done it by saying i've killed many of the difficult "current content" bosses in TBC/WOTLK if you like.

If by show you mean quit, then yes I already have done, I cancelled my account last week until WoD as I have very little to do in the game until WoD except level alts

Sorry you quit. We will have to find someone else to mine ghost iron, pick herbs, farm cloth.

- - - Updated - - -

I am not sure I understand. Here's my question again:

If the number of people who have run out of content that they would like to do is large - and it is large - shouldn't that be a problem and a signal to the devs that they should do something about it, lest these people leave (since they, well, have nothing to do)?

Is your answer - no, that's not a problem, or yes, that's a problem? And if that's not a problem, then why?
    It is only a problem becuase Blizzard caved to the demands of too many "players" that derive their pleasure from such things as sunday night fashion shows in order to be able to pay for the meat and potatoes of the game, Raiding.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    People need to chill the F out. Its as if people expected a beta door to open on January 2nd with heavenly music and a bright shining white light. The current content is only 4 months old, if they stuck to the regular release schedule they would still have 2 months before the next tier came out.

About the only problem I have with 5.4 is that the entire process of gearing up can be leap frogged over directly to SoO which removes about 2/3rd of the time I would of been doing stuff in game. While its nice to be able to quickly get a friend back into raiding my personal experience has been cheapened by allowing me to ignore all that other stuff I use to look forward to doing, like working my way through dungeons to LFR to raiding.
    With the competent player on an alt the leapfrogging is not so much of an issue, however there are a lot of REALLY bad players who have flooded flex and above by using the same gear jumping provided.

With the competent player on an alt the leapfrogging is not so much of an issue, however there are a lot of REALLY bad players who have flooded flex and above by using the same gear jumping provided.
    The social 25man guild on my server has killed garrosh norm with a few raid groups, some of those I would consider REALLY bad players.

Sorry you quit. We will have to find someone else to mine ghost iron, pick herbs, farm cloth.

- - - Updated - - -

It is only a problem becuase Blizzard caved to the demands of too many "players" that derive their pleasure from such things as sunday night fashion shows in order to be able to pay for the meat and potatoes of the game, Raiding.

- - - Updated - - -

Your condescension towards players who don't raid is disgusting, i'm sorry but it is, it really comes across as an angry teenager who wants to use their status in a game to make up for real life failings.

Your personal opinion on this entire thing is irrelevant when what's being discussed is what's best for the game and the playerbase as a whole.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    The social 25man guild on my server has killed garrosh norm with a few raid groups, some of those I would consider REALLY bad players.
    name the server? name the guild?

on high pop main stream raiding servers your average player would be considered a casual social player.