Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldhearth View Post
    To be honest, the devs looked defeated and lethargic.
    That can easily be mistaken for hung over and needing sleep. Lots of hard partying going on there.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    That can easily be mistaken for hung over and needing sleep. Lots of hard partying going on there.
    Hence why I also added, "or they could just be physically tired"...

Deleted
    I thought the Q&A´s was hillarious.... I don´t think the devs meant to be "Mean"

If you watched the day before when "the red shirt guy" asked his questions... He got like a almost epic introduction. Metzen saying "he" appeared with perfect lighting, what a enterance etc, cheering him on....

So I dont think there were a lack of it... They probably held back because they could not give all the details....

Other years I think they have had more Q&A´s after all panels, and that I miss... But no critic to this year

Biggest disappointment was the lack of quality questions and the long winded intro to the question. They should have a rule set in place to stop that BS so more people can ask questions then we may get some good ones, sure one of the devs said "ask me about quivers" just shows maybe there getting fed up with stupid questions too

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pockets View Post
    I thought the devs were taking the piss half the time with way more snarky comments then normal. You could see a lot of the questions from the fans meant a lot to them (presumably because the game means a lot to them) and it was like watching a real life rejection... awkward and kind of pissed me off.
    It sounded like they had fun more than anything. Lighthearted humour pissed you off? Okay.
    The real morons were the people asking completely asinine questions (after having listed their realm, guild, char name, alt name, measurements, what theu had for dinner and how all their characters are level 90) such as:
    "The Celestial Dragons are not Celestials or dragons, what is up with that".
    "I am in a 10 man guild, what do I do".
    "I am in a 10 man guild, what options do I have".
    "I am in a 10 man guild, how do I recruit".
    "I am in a 10 man guild, how do I count to 20?".
    "Vanilla server? VANILLA SERVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR".
    "Why is there a lion on the Alliance crest when there are no lions in the Eastern Kingdoms? HURRRRRRR"
    "Eyes of the Beast please? It was very gud for me".
    "Why would I pay for server transfer now?". <-- Like.. what?

Yeah, just watching the streams when people would announce their name, guild and realm. I'm just yelling at my computer "NO ONE GIVES A SHIT!!!1!1 God damnnit!" Ask your question quickly so more questions can be asked.

And then, half of the questions are easily answered if they had paid attention.

Let me clarify; i know he did previous music and i absolutely love it, I'm just worried that with the idea of 'evolution' of wow music + the rock versions of the music + the heavy metal used on the intro's to all panels, it could mean a drastic change to the music in WoD. In addition at the beginning of the music panel he did say that WoD needs ear splitting music or something to that extend. The myriad of the above gave me warning bells.
    Personally I wouldn't get too concerned about the music. Look at 5.4's patch music as a reference of what future music will be. Jason Hayes just started the Critical Hit Band, they were trying to support his band by letting him play. It's not an indication of WoD music (imo).

Go to the official WoD site. Listen to the trailer and zone preview music. Also, under the media section they have four pieces of music you can download. I've linked them below. I think they are a better indication of WoW's music.

http://media.blizzard.com/wow/warlor...eshadowing.mp3
    http://media.blizzard.com/wow/warlor...of_karabor.mp3
    http://media.blizzard.com/wow/warlor...desolation.mp3
    http://media.blizzard.com/wow/warlor...clans_join.mp3
    Last edited by Dhomeli; 2013-11-10 at 03:43 PM.

Deleted
    Let me clarify; i know he did previous music and i absolutely love it, I'm just worried that with the idea of 'evolution' of wow music + the rock versions of the music + the heavy metal used on the intro's to all panels, it could mean a drastic change to the music in WoD.
    The whole band thing is just a side project what isnt serious at all. You can easily tell dude can still make music, just listen to Dota 2 music and for example this: http://media.blizzard.com/wow/warlor...desolation.mp3 Sounds really good. I think the biggest thing to worry about is not how Jason Hayes does music, but Russell Brower affecting his compositions. My personal opinion about Brower is that he is good composer and nice fella all around, but many times his compositions are way over the top, too bombastic and doesnt fit the mood. He has done some good pieces though like Grizzly Hills zone theme.
    Last edited by mmoc8eb592856e; 2013-11-10 at 03:59 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    They did have a lore panel. It was called "The Adventure Continues"

I wish that some of the questions weren't asked, such as the 10 man questions over and over again. They wasted time for good questions. I also felt the movie panel for a whole hour was a complete waste of time. They came up there with basically no information at all, and the blizzard dev had to drag out some details. That panel should have only took 20 minutes with no questions since they didn't answer any really. I got pretty pissed off to when directv cut off the music panel when there was still plenty of time for them to let them play instead of showing me a screen for 15 minutes of what was to come next. The sound for this blizz-con was awful too most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Treekodar View Post
    It sounded like they had fun more than anything. Lighthearted humour pissed you off? Okay.
    The real morons were the people asking completely asinine questions (after having listed their realm, guild, char name, alt name, measurements, what theu had for dinner and how all their characters are level 90) such as:
    "Vanilla server? VANILLA SERVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR".
    "Why is there a lion on the Alliance crest when there are no lions in the Eastern Kingdoms? HURRRRRRR"

lol i can see your point. I already agreed to this on another posters comment. I still think some of the devs in that panel were pretty rude but I also agree that some of the comments.... well your post says it best really.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dhomeli View Post
    Personally I wouldn't get too concerned about the music. Look at 5.4's patch music as a reference of what future music will be. Jason Hayes just started the Critical Hit Band, they were trying to support his band by letting him play. It's not an indication of WoD music (imo).

Go to the official WoD site. Listen to the trailer and zone preview music. Also, under the media section they have four pieces of music you can download. I've linked them below. I think they are a better indication of WoW's music.

http://media.blizzard.com/wow/warlor...eshadowing.mp3
    http://media.blizzard.com/wow/warlor...of_karabor.mp3
    http://media.blizzard.com/wow/warlor...desolation.mp3
    http://media.blizzard.com/wow/warlor...clans_join.mp3
    Ty for the info ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    Mate you have made my day lol. I actually thought the questions being asked this time round were..erm...interesting to say the least lol. I was expecting "when is beta!", whats our legendary?, any cool new mounts?, with us visiting a past draenor... will we see the past Illidan!??! (you know this is like the question that really needed to be asked!) and finally them saying this will follow on to the next expansion.. I am shocked no one even commented or asked for some info.. as it seems we are in for a double exp

The biggest issue with the Q&A panels, honestly, were they were filled mostly with really weak questions. Only a few of them piqued my interest. Granted, they're the ones who made the trip to Blizzcon, so by no means am I faulting them for it, we just didn't get much information from it.

Also, I think part of the issue is there were no big "HOLY SHIT, I CAN'T BELIEVE THAT'S ACTUALLY HAPPENING" reveals for stuff being added to the expansion. We've all been expecting new-models for quite some time (still a bit shocked there's no new Race coming), and while Garrisons look insanely awesome, I'm still eager to see more of this "customization" aspect. Inventory improvements are pretty stellar, though; they just don't give to a shot of adrenaline like some other announcements :P

One thing I will say is this; Dave Kosak should be present for every single panel, ever. He was hilarious, seemed genuine and friendly, and didn't seem like he was giving PR-responses to everything. The rest were great, too, but Kosak was just a lot of fun to watch and listen to.

Deleted
    The only thing I got pretty disappointed about was the Classic server answer. Not the answer ''No'' itself, but how it was given.

While Classic server has been discussed to death, and there are people against it, and people for it, and Blizzard had said before they have no plans for it, it was sad to hear the developer J. Allen Brack say something like ''You think you want it, but you don't, you don't want it at all.''

I thought for myself; ''I know very well what I want, thank you very much.''

All I see is whine threads. That's the most disappointing thing.

I could be off but I have a feeling the morale is low in the Wow team.

Subs are rapidly declining and the pressure is on them. They looked stressed to me, while they usually seem to have a great time at Blizzcon.

I watched all 18 hours or whatever it was on the main stage, and my biggest gripe was there was no Q&A after What's Next, 10 mins of Q&A after the raid panel (and we knew people would have a lot of questions), and they cut off the starcraft 2 post-tournament commentary mid-sentence, twice. They couldn't go past 530 sharp.

The Live Raid almost went to a tiebreaker, which would have been a huge debacle. They woulda stopped that right on the dot too.

Yeah that was the thing that surprised me too.. how ruthless they were with the schedule. But I guess they have to be to re-arrange the stages and such.

Quote Originally Posted by Claymore View Post
    The biggest issue with the Q&A panels, honestly, were they were filled mostly with really weak questions. Only a few of them piqued my interest. Granted, they're the ones who made the trip to Blizzcon, so by no means am I faulting them for it, we just didn't get much information from it.

Also, I think part of the issue is there were no big "HOLY SHIT, I CAN'T BELIEVE THAT'S ACTUALLY HAPPENING" reveals for stuff being added to the expansion. We've all been expecting new-models for quite some time (still a bit shocked there's no new Race coming), and while Garrisons look insanely awesome, I'm still eager to see more of this "customization" aspect. Inventory improvements are pretty stellar, though; they just don't give to a shot of adrenaline like some other announcements :P

One thing I will say is this; Dave Kosak should be present for every single panel, ever. He was hilarious, seemed genuine and friendly, and didn't seem like he was giving PR-responses to everything. The rest were great, too, but Kosak was just a lot of fun to watch and listen to.
    Yeah, I agree with you about Kosak. Just have him and Metzen headline every WoW panel. There you go, the most ultimate thing to happen.

Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    They really need someone to pre screen all the questions. Yes you can approach the all mighty Metzen, no go lick a window. So on an so forth.

Its the same deal every year. Last Blizzcon, Shamans really needed some questions asked. A lot of people here, on Totemspot, EJ and the official forums, tried to get a collection of questions that we wanted asked - this was organised by a few people who were attending Blizzcon. In the end some clown stood up, Huuu Durrrr, Im a Shammy Wooo goo Thrall huuu duuurrrr, whens two handers coming back and when can we tank?

*flips a fucking table*
    Last edited by Murderdoll; 2013-11-10 at 08:25 PM.