Competitive Raid Progression Seasons

The Live Raid at Blizzcon is always cool. Anyone interested in an Arena style server where guilds compete like on the Live Raids at Blizzcon?

Competitive Raid Progression Seasons:
    • Blizzard chooses a random expansion, say Burning Crusade.
    • You buy in like Arena pass.
    • Separate server, like Arena servers.
    • You get time to practice, organize the guild get invites out etc.
    • You have a set team of maximum 50 players.
    • Each registered guild gets exactly one lockout per raid per week.
    • There is a vendor for Tier 3 gear which is free and everyone starts with.
    • A start date is set.
    • An end date is set
    • All BC raids are open
    • A race begins between guilds to clear every raid boss from Gruul to KJ.
    • Winners get prizes, mounts, titles etc.
    Last edited by Dejablue; 2013-11-10 at 07:51 AM.

I honestly see this as a pretty cool idea, but this whole race would be pretty short compared to the arena realm. With arenas, you can keep getting higher rating, or lose some and get behind. With raiding, you finish it in two weeks max, and only the top or top few guilds get something and no one else has any more incentive. I guess they could add something just for finishing it to combat that though. And to the people that say BC is harder than two weeks, it was hard, but today's standards are higher. They would also need some kind of gating mechanism to keep people from playing days on end and going through all the content in one go, especially if you obtain gear past what you are provided with at the start. The gating mechanism would pretty much negate the the point of a race, though.

How about one that is non expac related? With the ability to scale gear they could have a standard set like say Tier 10 or 11 or whatever that you buy from a vendor for 1c per piece and then have a random raid each week that you have to clear.

This week it is MC and you scale down in your standard gear to item level 60.

Week 2 is Sunwell and you scale down to item level 146.

Week 3 is ICC.

Week 4 is Naxx 2.0

Maybe each week has a bonus boss, like Magtheridon or Onyxia or Sartherion or Doomwalker or Kazzak.
    Last edited by Dejablue; 2013-11-10 at 09:36 PM. Reason: clarification

Quote Originally Posted by Dejablue View Post
    How about one that is non expac related? With the ability to scale gear they could have a standard set like say Tier 10 or 11 or whatever that you buy from a vendor for 1c per piece and then have a random raid each week that you have to clear.

This week it is MC and you scale down in your standard gear to item level 60.

Week 2 is Sunwell and you scale down to item level 146.

Week 3 is ICC.

Week 4 is Naxx 2.0

Maybe each week has a bonus boss, like Magtheridon or Onyxia or Sartherion or Doomwalker or Kazzak.
    I actually like this. But i think it should be more or less this (Taking Siege as an example)

Wing 1: 535 Ilvl

Wing 2: 540 ilvl

Wing 3: 545

Wing 4: 550

It makes sense as you get stronger during a raid. As if in all 550 gear right from wing 1 your just overpowering many of the first boss.

Otherwise i quite like his idea
    I solo stuff. I do deepz. I raid. What else do i want? Oh yeah. loot. give me loot. Cookie for loot?