Page 1 of 49
... LastLast

GC and Russel brand interview. Might not have flying mounts at 100 til 6.1!

GC had an interview with Scott Johnson and they revealed some pretty interesting stuff about lvling and other stuff (I believe custom skin was mentioned as a nice thing they want to add for new models)
    Anyway they also mentioned that we won't have flying from 90-100... ANd might not even have flying in draenor until patch 6.1, mostly because they want the world to feel dangerous and such things .

Also speaking of leveling Tom Chilton confirmed there will be no REALM FIRST lvl 100 achievements. It was for the virtual ticket close to the end of day 2, same interview that he revealed the release date for the movie. (not the curse fan question stuff or whatever it was a personal one between Metzens wife and Chilton and some other guy).
    Here is some music from youtube as well even though it exists on the website for WoD.

https://twitter.com/scottjohnson
    ^is the guy that will publish the interview.

Last edited by George Costanza; 2013-11-11 at 12:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Garush View Post
    Anyway they also mentioned that we won't have flying from 90-100... ANd might not even have flying in draenor until patch 6.1, mostly because they want the world to feel dangerous and such things .
    Awesome. I'll be sure to drop my sub when the expansion comes out and renew it when 6.1 comes out then. Thanks for the heads-up!
    Quote Originally Posted by CandyCotton Marshmallows View Post
    People need to get over the gear color (and themselves). It doesn't matter, and it shouldn't matter what other players have either. Worry about your damn self. Live your life by that. If you want to concern yourself with someone else, then worry about HELPING them, not putting them down or making sure you stand out as better than them.
    Maybe the game would be better with more low DPS nice guys and fewer high DPS jerks? -- Ghostcrawler, Twitter, 6/29/13

Deleted
    Anyway they also mentioned that we won't have flying from 90-100... ANd might not even have flying in draenor until patch 6.1, mostly because they want the world to feel dangerous and such thing

No problem , then I won't buy the expansion untill patch 6.1 is up . If I will buy it . Wich I doubt it.

If thats real.... o god, I love flying mounts as much as the next person.... but o god the hype

Deleted
    no flying 90-100, awesome, same as usual (apart from cata... lets pretend that didnt happen) but none at max level? ehh... not a fan. i'm on a PvP realm which i enjoy, but sometimes i dont have much time and just want to get something done, and it's just a hassle. probably doesn't help that i'm horde on a mostly ally server, so it usually ends up with 4 ganging up on me...

Well this kinda sux ;/

Deleted
    I'm lost, what's this got to do with russel brand?

10+ Year Old Account
    Awesome. This means it'll be harder for level 100s to fly around low level zones and rape me, while still maintaining the enjoyable mid level vs mid level world PVP.
    I love this change, and I'm looking forward to the leveling process even more.

Interesting if they decide to go through with it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Buxton McGraff View Post
    Awesome. This means it'll be harder for level 100s to fly around low level zones and rape me, while still maintaining the enjoyable mid level vs mid level world PVP.
    Do you know that most of the servers are not PvP ?
    And you then you have that restriction for... nothing ?

But anyway , we can just delay the purchase till the 6.1 patch is up . Voting with the wallets that this ideea suck .
    You delay my fly ? I delay the moment when you get my money. Problem solved.
    Last edited by mmoc1e4c5b7903; 2013-11-10 at 09:42 AM.

Deleted
    This is fantastic news!

This is fantastic news. But the topic itself is one of the most divisive issues for the community.

Hopefully they delay flying to 6.1 to test community reaction - and how it feels for making the world bigger and more alive/dangerous etc.

And if it works out well, hopefully theres a chance they WONT give us flying at all for the rest of WOD or in future expansions!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Buxton McGraff View Post
    Or pay up and change servers.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't fucking delay flying for the love of fucking Christ. What's funny is they'll do this and then people will still say most casual expansion ever! it's so fucking stupid i swear to christ

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vargur View Post
    Or pay up and change servers.
    or fucking leave
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Deleted
    This is fantastic news!
    Is not. You love to use your groundmount ?
    You have the choice to use ONLY your ground mount till 6.1 to "feel the danger".
    No one force you to use your flying mount .

But on the other hand if they ban the flight they FORCE me to use the ground mount . And I don't give a sht about that "danger".
    I care only about my limited time I have to play this game . Wich I don't want to spend it for traveling. And I might get to the conclusion that is not worth to pay the subscription to spend 50% of my play time traveling.
    Last edited by mmoc1e4c5b7903; 2013-11-10 at 09:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TyrianFC View Post
    This is fantastic news. But the topic itself is one of the most divisive issues for the community.

Hopefully they delay flying to 6.1 to test community reaction - and how it feels for making the world bigger and more alive/dangerous etc.

And if it works out well, hopefully theres a chance they WONT give us flying at all for the rest of WOD or in future expansions!
    if they remove flying then zones need to be smaller, with less quests and content. Running the entire length of stranglethorn got very old very quick for example. Going back to that is not a positive.

I get less interested in WoD by the day. It's an amazing form of anti-advertising.

Deleted
    A dangerous decision on Blizzards part, as I feel that mounts is the other half of your characters soul, and it's a prestige to some to be able to fly on their favourite mount. I loved by the time I reached 77 in Wrath of the Lich King and I stepped onto my flying mounts satchel again- and felt that I could finally breath again. This will be very interesting to follow, see what decision they'll be sticking with! =)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Redsparowe View Post
    I'm lost, what's this got to do with russel brand?
    same dude.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vandam View Post
    Do you know that most of the servers are not PvP ?
    And you then you have that restriction for... nothing ?

But anyway , we can just delay the purchase till the 6.1 patch is up . Voting with the wallets that this ideea suck .
    You delay my fly ? I delay the moment when you get my money. Problem solved.
    Still makes the world more dangerous.
    Level 100s can't just afk out in the world now while flying high above the trees.