Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Perhaps along the lines of the Draenic elemental spirits being all "What/who the fuck are you and where did you come from and why are you speaking to me?" where you have to go earn the respect of a powerful Earth, Water, Air and Fire spirit on Draenor. Healing Tide Totem is now Water Elemental totem for all specs. There is that talent for the Air Elemental too. All elementals by default look like the ones we currently have.

In the questline of 4 parts you would have to earn the respect of the 4 powerful ones on Draenor in combat ("Are you skilled enough in combat to deserve me to lend my aid?" style thing ratehr than actual combat).
    1) Fire. Power and Destruction. A scenario revolving around fire, and not standing in it while desperately trying to DPS as hard as possible. Not entirely sure, but something that would be very angled towards Elemental spec and would be most easily completed with this spec by FAR.
    2) Earth. Strength and Survival. Not entirely sure what this could be, but perhaps one that heavily involves strength and persistence and general avoidance that requires neither damage nor healing, but survival.
    3) Water. Restoration and Balance. A healing style one where proving grounds style you must heal a bunch of elementals as they face some enemies or something. Angled towards resto and most easily completed with this spec by FAR.
    4) Air. Swiftness and Grace. A movement styled one of flight through the skies trying to catch the Air elemental and DPSing adds which will slow you down on your way but increase your flight speed and ability to remain airborne when killed. Angled to be most easily completed by Enhancement. Think Alysrazor for this one.

A final trial as a mixture of all 4 of these which can be completed by any spec as easily as the other (hopefully there would be a way to do this) that would end in "earning the respect" of the Elements and all of your elemental totems summoning these cool new modelled elementals. I would imagine them to look something like you do when you use ascendance.

Give us new Specialization themes? Frost and Earth theme for Ele/Enhance? Air theme for Resto?
    Spectral Owl Form for flying? =D
    All the glorious things you can think of for Shaman!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chubathingy View Post
    But anyway it's OK to be jelly of the tallest midget.

Deleted
    Here's hoping it's a new ascendance form.

Possibly make us actually look more elemental, rather than a warlock who's into bdsm.

Class legendary...maybe not. Ele had access to that cataclysm-staff and resto to the wotlk-mace, but well, the daggers showed us that blizz doesn't really consider fairness, but flavour of the month (which could really mean shaman this time around)

Druids had their flying form quest line in tbc, wouldn't mind a spirit eagle (would have wildhammer flavour as well, 'cause similar to gryphon) fly form.

Class mount: Ancestral Alpha Male (huge spirit wolf)

Weapon Imbues: different, fresh and new visualisations, overlaying enchants upon casting....(for shocks/shields, I wouldn't mind different, fresh and new visualisations either)
    Quote Originally Posted by Angoth
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

Personally I'd like to see us get something similar to Warlocks Green Fire quest they had.

Truly I was thinking we would have gotten the nod during Cata, you know the expansion dealing with the restoration and saving of our planet and the main hero being a shaman, but instead ended up being a rogue theme. (Yes, I'm bitter about it.)

Well first it would have to be something both sides could access, so in the end if we look at a quest giver it would fall on Thrall. (Remember leader of the Earthen Ring, at least I still think so since I don't recall him ever renouncing that.) We also have to remember that the Dreanei, who are obviously the main players Alliance wise, haven't even touched or know about shamanism yet. (Remember no broken = no Nobundo = no shaman for that timeline.)

The reward, well it's some what of a problem for Shaman since we have three different specs. In comparison to when rogues got their legendary daggers, all of their specs could use said weapons. I truly like the idea of cosmetic changes, something that sticks with your character when you get it, rather then here's some legendary item that once a new expansion comes out you're not going to use it anymore.

Spoiler... At the end you turn into a Warlock. Trufax.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dentist View Post
    Here's hoping it's a new ascendance form.

Possibly make us actually look more elemental, rather than a warlock who's into bdsm.
    /this...!
    It is out of place

I'm sorry to break your pretty spirits but Cataclysm was hoped to be a shaman themed expension where all the unstable elements going crazy and Thrall jumping onwards to fix it. I had high hopes for that but turned out to be a disappointment.

However if that ever happens this time, we should get our Sentry Totem back.
    It was a peaceful stick that hurt nobody, may its soul RIP.

Quote Originally Posted by Mithgroth View Post
    I'm sorry to break your pretty spirits but Cataclysm was hoped to be a shaman themed expension where all the unstable elements going crazy and Thrall jumping onwards to fix it. I had high hopes for that but turned out to be a disappointment.

However if that ever happens this time, we should get our Sentry Totem back.
    It was a peaceful stick that hurt nobody, may its soul RIP.
    Sentry totem was always great for BGs as well. People kill it, and then it gives you a warning, good times.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Roamingstorm View Post
    Personally I'd like to see us get something similar to Warlocks Green Fire quest they had.

Truly I was thinking we would have gotten the nod during Cata, you know the expansion dealing with the restoration and saving of our planet and the main hero being a shaman, but instead ended up being a rogue theme. (Yes, I'm bitter about it.)

Well first it would have to be something both sides could access, so in the end if we look at a quest giver it would fall on Thrall. (Remember leader of the Earthen Ring, at least I still think so since I don't recall him ever renouncing that.) We also have to remember that the Dreanei, who are obviously the main players Alliance wise, haven't even touched or know about shamanism yet. (Remember no broken = no Nobundo = no shaman for that timeline.)

The reward, well it's some what of a problem for Shaman since we have three different specs. In comparison to when rogues got their legendary daggers, all of their specs could use said weapons. I truly like the idea of cosmetic changes, something that sticks with your character when you get it, rather then here's some legendary item that once a new expansion comes out you're not going to use it anymore.
    Perhaps a questline about the new elementals of Draenor? The Earthen Ring could be attempting to master the new elementals of this strange land. Subdue the 4 elemental lords of Draenor. Beating it could give is new elemental looks, new spell visuals, or (god forbid) a Shaman exclusive legendary.

Quote Originally Posted by Hinansho View Post
    Spoiler... At the end you turn into a Warlock. Trufax.
    spoiler alert: .... you unlock Earth (tank) spec

I expect the rewards would be special Totems and Elemental models.

Quote Originally Posted by shammypie View Post
    spoiler alert: .... you unlock Earth (tank) spec
    Not every shaman wants this, id wager there's more against it that for it! And when we did tank it was via gimmicks like mixing def rating and resi to be crit immune in Wotlk...nevermind vanilla shaman "tanking".....
    When people treat current tanking classes better and not like a piece of crap then we can talk about more tanking classes but there is really no need for anymore.

It will be more likely to be something aesthetic like elementals/totems.
    Sometimes you just have to stop healing some people to prove a point, if they don't listen, it's really their own fault :P

Deleted
    I am terribly sorry to rain on everyone's parade, but i just can't ditch this feeling. Nowhere did they actually promise a questline like that. Read the wording carefully. "At most one or two", so might as well be zero. "Maybe shaman", maybe not. In short words, we shouldn't get our hopes up

Quote Originally Posted by Ranjit View Post
    I am terribly sorry to rain on everyone's parade, but i just can't ditch this feeling. Nowhere did they actually promise a questline like that. Read the wording carefully. "At most one or two", so might as well be zero. "Maybe shaman", maybe not. In short words, we shouldn't get our hopes up
    Would still make sense if Shaman gets a turn there, doesn't it?

Shaman are a focal point of Orc Culture, they were around since Orcs started to record stuff, since this Expansion is very Orc heavy you will probably get some Shaman stuff.

And the huge difference between Shamanism and some other magical / spiritual arts is that almost every race that practices this craft has a different view on it and a different approach to the source of this power and skill on certain fields.

The other big question would obviously the reward, a simply visual effect such as for Warlocks may seem odd for Shaman, since they focus on more than just a single Element, the visual change to a single spell would be rather boring on the other hand.

Okay I'll take our old class quest back but upscale to level 100. Befriend the earth elemental, cleanse polluted water for water elemental, subdue a raging fire elemental, and listening to the wind for the air elemental. In the end, defeat a death knight for some epic helmet that makes you look like batman.

reward: your totems are replaced with gnomes

I mean you are right that we have no idea what class it might be, but Shaman do make a logical choice. I mean like Kralljin said shaman are a focal point in orc culture and on top of that, with the burning legions influence no longer on the orcs, there wont be any warlocks, who were all shaman to begin with. So it seems like a very good time to throw out some shaman lore, with all the "newly" discovered shaman running about

Deleted
    I definitely agree, it does make sense. On the other hand, there's plenty of things that made sense over the years that did not happen and plenty of things that had none, but did (who else is gonna miss reforging direly?). I am not discussing if we should get a class quest, i think it's the best time to do it, with the theme of expansion in mind (why didn't we get a class of Blademaster or so is beyond me as well).

What i am getting at is that Q&A part is worded in such a way, that they actually didn't promise the class quest being in there at all. So the question to ask here is not "will shamans get the class quest" but "will there be a class quest to begin with".

(who else is gonna miss reforging direly?)
    Not in the slightest, probably what I liked most about the announcements.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."