696. You may not vote on this poll
  • FU BLIZZ FUFUFUFU!!! *rage*

254 36.49%
  • Cool! *pulls out wallet* Two please.

442 63.51%

Thread: Buying lvl 90's

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    i already have most classes to 90 (except mage which i cant seem to get past 15) but i would still like to be able to buy one if say i was wanting to try out a new server or something

Quote Originally Posted by Zrudo View Post
    Because let's face it, after 6 expansions buying every single of them is going to discourage a lot of new players to start playing WoW in the first place, even if they are relatively cheap.
    Well Vanilla, BC, WOTLK and Cataclysm are all in the Battle Chest now so you'd only be buying MoP £15-20~ and Warlords when it's released.
    Spark - Enhancement Shaman - Lomaprieta - Balance Druid

Leveling is pointless anyway, all the magic happens in high level / newest continent / Pandaria.
    Being critical is a burden which some people loves to bear.

I'm fine with it as long as there is a clause about needing X amount of max level characters before you can purchase a level 90 or whatever.

Why isn't there the option: "It doesn't bother me at all"

I'm against paid services in general (in the sense that I feel most of them should be free, given we're already paying a subscription) but I'd totally be willing to pay for this; it's the only way I'll ever have every class, cause I despise leveling.

Salisbury, Rhodesia & Leiden , The Netherlands
    For people who already have a level 90 char, not a problem. But for new players? Big problem.
    "This is no swaggering askari, no Idi Amin Dada, heavyweight boxing champion of the King's African Rifles, nor some wide shouldered, medal-strewn Nigerian general. This is an altogether more dangerous dictator - an intellectual, a spitefull African Robespierre who has outlasted them all." - The Fear: Robert Mugabe and the martyrdom of Zimbabwe, Peter Godwin.

lol for us Mutliboxers its awesome, I box x5, and have 4 sets of 5, level 90's, free 90's x5 is awesome for me and for Garrisons to come :P

Boxing community is Very hyped about this and some other stuff coming, so I like it :P
    A woman should never invest in a relationship she wouldn't want her daughter in, nor allow any man to treat her in a way her son would get scoled for.

Where's the "I don't care" option? I'll just chose that.

I dont really like/ or will ever use it tbh, my two main are already 90 ! I do not like having a handfull of character, but thats my taste ^^

I love the idea. I just started playing on US again after playing on EU for the past 4 years. On EU was I playing a Pally but on US I have a Priest that is about to hit 90. I really want a Pally there also but it's going to take a while to level without any Heirlooms so if I could, I would spend some money to have a 90 Pally there (which I already know how to play)

Also I think if they do allow you to purchase 90s it should start until 2 or 3 months after WoD and should have a limit and/or a cooldown on how many you can buy.
    Last edited by Yobtar; 2013-11-11 at 03:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mission View Post
    lol for us Mutliboxers its awesome, I box x5, and have 4 sets of 5, level 90's, free 90's x5 is awesome for me and for Garrisons to come :P

Boxing community is Very hyped about this and some other stuff coming, so I like it :P
    That is a pretty good point. I wonder if the multiboxer scene will expand without the hassle of leveling so many accounts? I guess it will also pretty much kill those sketchy sites that offer a leveling service.

If they do go for it i am wondering what sort of bags and gear you will get. Will the come with professions? Hmm...
    I'm a Forsaken. I kill firstborns while their mamas watch. I turn cities into salt. I even, when I feel like it, rip the souls from little girls, and from now till kingdom come, the only thing you can count on in your existence is never understanding why.

Being max level was never the equivalent of know what the hell to do, so yes I think it's a good idea because I would willingly pay money to be max level because I hate leveling. Those that enjoy it still can do it.

Meh, it'll encourage new players to want to play. One of my roommates doesn't want to get into WoW because he'd be too far behind starting completely new now, but come expansion he can at least jump right in right away with the rest of us leveling.

If it does bring a lot more new players, it'll definitely create a big chunk of players that aren't experienced and thus will struggle at endgame. However I bet a lot of these players will hit 100, play for a little bit, and then quit the game anyway, and the ones who stay will probably be committed enough to being better at the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntaer View Post
    how is it pay to win if you pay for a character that's 10 levels below level cap, thus not as nearly as powerful as a lvl 100 ??
    ...You do realize you pay for 90 levels? *facepalm*
    There is no such thing as "ability bloat" just l2fp.

It's hardly "pay to win".

You're paying for 90 levels out of 100. Much cool. Many exp. Wow.

All jokes aside, get over it. It's levels. They're not buying gear, reps, achievements, or anything that actually matters. Hell, buying a Mount provides more than buying a level 90 would. At least the store mounts count towards the X amount of mounts achievements. What does buying a 90 provide? Saved time. That's it. Who cares.

As much as I would love to say that WoW is about the journey to max level, it isn't. The leveling experience is such a minor aspect of the game. I welcome this change with open arms.
    I just started doing "Let's Play" videos on YouTube. If you are into that kind of thing, please check it out and subscribe if you like it!

Quote Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
    You can technically buy as many level 90s as you want if you buy another copy of the game, get the level 90, and then transfer the character to your main account each time. The team has talked about putting a level 90 purchase option in the store, but it hasn't been decided yet.

So they are thinking about it. You think it is a step too far down the pay to win road or simple convenience?
    Of course they are thinking about it!
    The player-base already thought about it the moment they heard about "free level 90".
    They would be really bad at their job if they didn't think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dasani View Post
    Having an instant 90 is just a perk of the new expac, and as many have noticed you can game the system to get unlimited free 90s if you're willing to shell out the real money for it. It makes sense to offer a paid service to just grant a 90.
    Have fun paying for:
    - Original WoW (comes with BC/LK) ~$20
    - Cataclysm ~$30
    - MoP ~$40
    - WoD ~$40-50
    - Character Transfer $25

Total: $155-165

So y'know, if you really want to spend THAT much on a 90, by all means, go for it.

PS: They're not free if you pay for them... o_O;

[T14] 10/16H, [T15] 12/13H, [T16] 10/14H
    Battletag: Polarthief#1411

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Have fun paying for:
    - Original WoW (comes with BC/LK) ~$20
    - Cataclysm ~$30
    - MoP ~$40
    - WoD ~$40-50
    - Character Transfer $25

Total: $155-165

So y'know, if you really want to spend THAT much on a 90, by all means, go for it.

PS: They're not free if you pay for them... o_O;
    Or if you already have those all you need to do is buy the WoD expansion and get a 'free' 90.

Personally I'll probably just get 2 expansions to uprade my 2 active accounts and get 1 90 monk and 1 90 something else and call it a day.

Putting purchased level 90's on the store is a non issue. Nobody learns how to play a class while leveling anyway since it is completely faceroll.

I don't see the problem. Video games have been selling boosts for ages.