696. You may not vote on this poll
  • FU BLIZZ FUFUFUFU!!! *rage*

254 36.49%
  • Cool! *pulls out wallet* Two please.

442 63.51%

Thread: Buying lvl 90's

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    well i dnt mind other people paying up money too get too level 90 after the intial free one.
    i myself wont make use of it, but if others want too spent money on it when they decide to add this i wont oppose,

Yes please i really do hope they add something like this,played since vanilla leveled a lot of characters and enjoyed it also,but enough is enough i just wanna play at high level , and when i wanna level or something i can just do it anyway,so i REALLY do hope they add something like this,but with some decent price range.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
    You can technically buy as many level 90s as you want if you buy another copy of the game, get the level 90, and then transfer the character to your main account each time. The team has talked about putting a level 90 purchase option in the store, but it hasn't been decided yet.

So they are thinking about it. You think it is a step too far down the pay to win road or simple convenience?
    I have leveled numerous times in the starting zones old and new. After so many go throughs it gets boring and bland. Up to this day I refuse to do WOTLK leveling so I just run dungeons. Because of that most pure dps classes like hunters, rogues, mages, and locks have been neglected by me because I just don't want to wait 30 minutes to que. Being able to purchase and skip content I don't want to do is not a way of breaking the game at all. Its a way of skipping older content that most of us don't want to do. I feel like restrictions should apply when purchasing more then one like you must have atleast 3 level 90s showing you actually saw the content.

Quote Originally Posted by Skeletov View Post
    There are still 10 levels to go and new Proving Grounds feature designed to help new players learn their class in a non-pressure environment. Which give players plenty of opportunity to learn.
    Wasn't the point of starting at level 90 to skip levelling? 10 levels wouldn't teach them anything

And proving grounds do not provide the same learning experience as groups or world questing

After questing through Hellfire Peninsula over 25 times... Hey Blizz, can you break a $100?
    Proud defender of Animal Rights, vegetarian, donor + volunteer
    "It is a matter of taking the side of the weak against the strong, something the best people have always done" - Harriet Beecher Stowe

I wish they would put this into action before the next xpac, I hate leveling haha.

Your poll lacks the

"I don't give a damn"

option.

I'v yet to figure out what to do with that free 90, because all characters I really wanted to play already are 90. Hmm...

Ifalna Sha'yoko on Twitter and Armory - Occasionally unfaithful to WoW with my Wizard- (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━ ┻

Love the idea. Leveling in WoW is a tedious, boring and time consuming process that simply isn't interesting after nine years. Add to that the fact that WoW is a themepark style MMO where you can't actually change anything and all the questing is always the same and the fact that questing is a huge barrier to re-entry for players who have left the game and want to come back and the decision is pretty clear.

I am against forcing the player to do any kind of "close your eyes and wait for it to pass" content, that should be avoidable.
    If, if, Blizzard does the story right, Warlords of Draenor has the potential to be the best expansion story-wise we've ever had.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Your poll lacks the

"I don't give a damn"

option.

I'v yet to figure out what to do with that free 90, because all characters I really wanted to play already are 90. Hmm...
    You dont give a damn but u bother coming to topic and posting crap. LOL you must be like 16

Who cares if players buy a level 90 for like 70 bucks or just play a little more and use the "Refer a friend"-Option für 30?

Quote Originally Posted by championknight View Post
    Wasn't the point of starting at level 90 to skip levelling? 10 levels wouldn't teach them anything
    Wrong, it was to skip old content. And what's the difference between 10 levels and a 100 levels?

Quote Originally Posted by championknight View Post
    And proving grounds do not provide the same learning experience as groups or world questing
    Different yes, inferior no.

Don't see the problem, current players get the skip the levelling process they've already gone through, but not for free, except for the first time.
    The only real problem is do newbies get the 90 jump too?
    'Cause that'd no doubt catch some and then you'd have some serious clueless end-game players.
    Still, though, if they're worth their salt, they'll level through the game they just purchased, or at least skip to 90, realize they don't know what they're doing, then learn that class a little before they go back and go through the levelling process.

No! please no this is what i feared would happen. I can understand the idea for new players getting back into the game but lets no abuse it please

Quote Originally Posted by Of-the-horde View Post
    Imo they should start selling premade lvl 100 characters with heroic dungeon gear full gemmed and enchanted (raid ready).
    I agree 100%. In fact, lets up the ante a bit. Let's give those folks 500k gold, and full heroic raid and pvp gear in accordance with whatever tier they choose. Lets take the idea of "I play for fun, and hate grinding / tedium" angle, and put it to an actual test.
    Benevolence is a luxury for the strong - Wrathion

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    I agree 100%. In fact, lets up the ante a bit. Let's give those folks 500k gold, and full heroic raid and pvp gear in accordance with whatever tier they choose. Lets take the idea of "I play for fun, and hate grinding / tedium" angle, and put it to an actual test.
    I'd do that then mail 500k Gold to another character.
    Get rekt Blizzard.

Would purchase if the price was right.

Wrong, it was to skip old content.
    Old content is leveling and you would be paying to skip a huge part of this. Unless Blizzard decides to blow it up and make everyone start near max level or something

And what's the difference between 10 levels and a 100 levels?
    As of now there is no difference because the speed of leveling is already so fast and made faster with heirlooms and exp potions. Already mentioned it before the leveling experience now is in shambles

Different yes, inferior no.
    NPCs are not a substitute for actual human player made groups, even if they are mostly toxic and obnoxious at this point

Quote Originally Posted by Trickname View Post
    Love it, as much as i love most of the zones in wow I just can't bring myself to do the leveling process.
    This.

It was fun the first eleven times on Ally side...

Now I just want Hordies to play around on. :P

Please, add the option: "So what?"
    I'd tap that
    "So long! And thanks for all the fish!"

Doesn't bother me so long as it's not free boost to max level (boost to start of current content is fine, and only on accounts with at least one level 100), there are already ways to boost through low level on alts for people with the money, hopefully this would at least offer a legit alternative to the shady power levelling services.

Only downside is you get many more toons at max level which haven't spend the levelling process learning their class, so more LFR pond life is a possibility.

Personally I'd not be using the service, if I haven't the drive to level and learn a class, then clearly playing that class isn't important enough to me.
    mrgummage#2816 | Grand Marshal Hottage | Warlords of Draenor Beta Club
    ASUS N53SM : Intel i7 2.2Ghz (3.1Ghz Turbo) : 16GB DDR3 : Geforce GT 630M : Samsung 840 EVO 1TB : Windows 8.1 Pro