• FU BLIZZ FUFUFUFU!!! *rage*

254 36.49%
  • Cool! *pulls out wallet* Two please.

442 63.51%

Thread: Buying lvl 90's

Page 1 of 16
... LastLast

Buying lvl 90's

You can technically buy as many level 90s as you want if you buy another copy of the game, get the level 90, and then transfer the character to your main account each time. The team has talked about putting a level 90 purchase option in the store, but it hasn't been decided yet.

So they are thinking about it. You think it is a step too far down the pay to win road or simple convenience?
    Last edited by Deadite; 2013-11-10 at 10:38 AM.

Love it, as much as i love most of the zones in wow I just can't bring myself to do the leveling process.

Deleted
    I've gone for the cool option, but I would rather have had an undecided option to pick. Part of me loves the fact that they are making it easier for new and returning players to have more than one level 90. This will definitely enrich the community and make things a lot more fun which is a win win. However, another part of me feels slightly forlorn at the the thought of money making it easy to have as many 90s as I've worked my butt off for. It's certainly a pride thing to be able to announce a large number of endgame chars for a lot of people who might have their nose pushed out of joint.

Overall WOW is more fun with more people so I think it will turn out to be a great idea.

Deleted
    Its not like you wrote those poll answers to make the option you support sound better.

I've known since Wrath of the Lich King that Blizzard was going to allow you to pay to "win" World of Warcraft. It started with the paid "optional" features, took hold with the purchasable transmogrification gear, and now we're going to see every ninny and nincompoop buying their way to the "finish line". Even if I had a money tree growing in my backyard like most people seem to have, I would not touch this feature regardless of my desperation to avoid the repeated tedium of leveling a new character. There's no sense of accomplishment and no way to truly grasp the intricacies of the individual class mechanics. It is nothing more than a testament to Blizzard's hypocrisy and greed.

Deleted
    I really like the idea even if i dont buy one

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I see it as a very good idea, there are a lot of subscribers who I'm sure would like to have an instant 90 to tinker with and just don't have the time available to level. On a personal note, I enjoy the levelling process and wouldn't do it, but for many it would probably be money well spent. Its probably time Blizz did do some thing like this, as you have always been able to buy a max level character/account or have a third party power level for you.

Just a way for Blizz to get some cash off the gold farmers.

15+ Year Old Account
    Buy a lvl 90 when leveling is the most fun part of the game? Wierd!

Because when Warlords of Draenor is released, being able to go straight to level 90 means you win the game ...

Having an instant 90 is just a perk of the new expac, and as many have noticed you can game the system to get unlimited free 90s if you're willing to shell out the real money for it. It makes sense to offer a paid service to just grant a 90.

It's no different than refer-a-friend, that massive boost to xp gain throughout most of the leveling process, you can just buy a second account for the duration of leveling whatever character you wanna level and you basically just bought all that extra experience gain with real money, so offering a way to gain increased experience for real money also makes sense.

I really don't see the prob. People with too much money will always abuse it to get advantages, might as well streamline it and make it better for everyone else involved. For example, why have to deal with a dummy RAF account auto following around someone's alt for the xp bonus when they arent helping in dungeons all the way up? It's better to just charge them the money and get it over with without inconveniencing anyone else.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

At this point in the game. 1-90 is a lot to ask for. I'd much rather have people at max level trying the content out where I'm at. Just because you have a 90 doesn't mean you've won the game. I don't look at it as pay to win. You didn't win anything by having a 90. Most of our 90s aren't gunna be worth crap in a few months anyway.

Deleted
    When people make biased polls (referring to options here) I tend to keep my opinion to myself.

10+ Year Old Account
    As mentioned, getting an instant 90 character doesnt mean much, since you still got 10 levels to level up and learn more about your character.

Funny! I just was talking to my bro about this. Because on the slide it says "You get one character boosted to level 90 for free!" so I was like when they said free, it means they plan on putting it in the store. Greedy greedy

Intel Core i5 4690K 3.50Ghz, OC'd to 4.0Ghz | 8GB Corsair DDR3-1066 RAM | Gigabyte Z97-HD3
    NVIDIA GeForce 680GTX 2048MB VRAM | Corsair 750TX 750W PSU | Phantecks Dual fan PH-TC14PE

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Requimortem View Post
    I've known since Wrath of the Lich King that Blizzard was going to allow you to pay to "win" World of Warcraft. It started with the paid "optional" features, took hold with the purchasable transmogrification gear, and now we're going to see every ninny and nincompoop buying their way to the "finish line". Even if I had a money tree growing in my backyard like most people seem to have, I would not touch this feature regardless of my desperation to avoid the repeated tedium of leveling a new character. There's no sense of accomplishment and no way to truly grasp the intricacies of the individual class mechanics. It is nothing more than a testament to Blizzard's hypocrisy and greed.
    How is getting a lvl 90 char pay to win in an 100 level expansion? What have you won?

What sense of accomplishment do you get after grinding/levelling that 10th toon'? I don't get any.

Intricacies of class mechanics? Are you actually joking me? The game has been so simplified you can understand any class and their abilities in one afternoon, stop being delusional.

Most people do not have 1-2 chars anymore, it's just an optional service that will create more people playing at end game. This feature will also entice new players, or players that gave up during the levelling process. Imagine you are a brand new fresh player, you would have to grind all the way to 100 before enjoying any end game content. This would probably take you months and ultimately most people give up, Blizzard identified this. Grats Billzard, great job in my opinion.

I'm willing to bet that virtually everyone who supports this nonsense now will come crawling back, crying about it when even more terrible players begin to plague the game once it's released.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
    You can technically buy as many level 90s as you want if you buy another copy of the game, get the level 90, and then transfer the character to your main account each time. The team has talked about putting a level 90 purchase option in the store, but it hasn't been decided yet.

So they are thinking about it. You think it is a step too far down the pay to win road or simple convenience?
    let me see you need WOD to have the instant lvl 90 so

battlechest 15 euro
    Mop 35 euro
    Wod near 50 euro

100 euro for a free 90 when the boring part of levelling an alt is always the current content so 90-100? no thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Quote Originally Posted by chosenkiwi View Post
    When people make biased polls (referring to options here) I tend to keep my opinion to myself.
    Biased poll? Your either for or against the idea. I wrote the poll option to reflect this forum. It is rather polarized between people who seem to love everything Blizz does and people who hate everything Blizz does.

It's fine, if someone has THAT much cash then they can have an army of 90s for all I care. Most of those people would RAF their way up anyhow. I'll take my 1 free 90 and trudge through on my others, np. Poll options are... weird.
    Stay salty my friends.

Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post
    100 euro for a free 90 when the boring part of levelling an alt is always the current content so 90-100? no thanks.
    I went back and bolded the part i think you missed

The team has talked about putting a level 90 purchase option in the store, but it hasn't been decided yet.