View Poll Results: Buying lvl 90'2

Voters
696. You may not vote on this poll
  • FU BLIZZ FUFUFUFU!!! *rage*

    254 36.49%
  • Cool! *pulls out wallet* Two please.

    442 63.51%

Thread: Buying lvl 90's

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ...
5
13
14
15
16
17
LastLast
  1. #281
    I'm sure that will be a last straw for many of us. WoW was the last of normal games so far, and now they are considering this, such a disgrace.

  2. #282
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
    You can technically buy as many level 90s as you want if you buy another copy of the game, get the level 90, and then transfer the character to your main account each time. The team has talked about putting a level 90 purchase option in the store, but it hasn't been decided yet.

    So they are thinking about it. You think it is a step too far down the pay to win road or simple convenience?
    I knew it was only a matter of time. You need to look up the definition of pay to win. This is NOTpaying to win. Paying to win in WoW would consist of buying a max level character, with full pvp/raid gear. Purchasing a level 85 (if they did this right now) or a 90 during WoD does not provide this. You still have to gain the 5 extra levels yourself (currently in MoP and in WoD it would be 15) and gear him yourself the traditional way.

    Paying to win would be blizzard putting gear with STATS on the blizzard store and people buying them. Which is not the case.

    Nothing about selling a level 85 or 90 (depending on which expansion you are looking at) makes it pay to win.

    Sony even did this with one of their MMO's.

    http://wow.joystiq.com/2013/11/04/i-...-im-loving-it/

    I fully support this and the people that think this is Pay to Win, are morons.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Cryonic View Post
    Buy a lvl 90 when leveling is the most fun part of the game? Wierd!
    Not for everyone. Ill play it once through the traditional way. If I can buy my characters thereafter, I will.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
    I went back and bolded the part i think you missed

    The team has talked about putting a level 90 purchase option in the store, but it hasn't been decided yet.
    No. You dont understand. The expansion pack is level 100. So you still have to level 10 levels to be max level. How is that at all pay to win? Reread what I posted earlier.
    i5 2500k @ 4.5GHz | G.Skill DDR3 1800MHz @ 2133MHz @ 10-11-10-28 1T 8GB | Asus P8P67 v3.1 | GTX 780 | Corsair HX650 |Dell U2412M IPS 24" LCD | Mushkin Chronos 120GB SSD SATA III| Mushkin Chronos 480GB SSD SATA III (Games) | Creative X-Fi Soundcard | Windows 7 Professional x64

  3. #283
    Quote Originally Posted by Ambushu View Post
    This is NOTpaying to win.
    Paying to avoid time wasting with real money is a definition of pay-to-win.

  4. #284
    Bloodsail Admiral Invictus9001's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    1,046
    Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    Paying to avoid time wasting with real money is a definition of pay-to-win.
    When you can actually purchase in-game armor and weapons for all your characters from the Blizzard Store, with viable stats and have them given to you in-game, then you will have crossed the threshold into Pay-To-Win. Until then, you're not even close.

    #InvitedToWarlordsOfDraenorBeta

  5. #285
    Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    Paying to avoid time wasting with real money is a definition of pay-to-win.
    No, it is not. Because youre not winning anything other than time. Youre not winning anything in game. You are not getting an advantage over anyone else in game. And dont say instant level 90 is getting an advantage because it isnt. You still have to learn your character and level 10 levels. Your argument is invalid.
    i5 2500k @ 4.5GHz | G.Skill DDR3 1800MHz @ 2133MHz @ 10-11-10-28 1T 8GB | Asus P8P67 v3.1 | GTX 780 | Corsair HX650 |Dell U2412M IPS 24" LCD | Mushkin Chronos 120GB SSD SATA III| Mushkin Chronos 480GB SSD SATA III (Games) | Creative X-Fi Soundcard | Windows 7 Professional x64

  6. #286
    Over 9000! adam86shadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Yorkshire - England
    Posts
    9,862
    After levelling 4 characters past lvl 80 I would totally buy lvl 90 boosts for alts

  7. #287
    Bloodsail Admiral Invictus9001's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    1,046
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    After levelling 4 characters past lvl 80 I would totally buy lvl 90 boosts for alts
    I just recently got my 6th toon to 90. I understand the pain well - hence wanting my heirlooms available on all the servers I play on. So looking forward to that in WoD.

    #InvitedToWarlordsOfDraenorBeta

  8. #288
    Seeing with RAF we pretty much buy them already i wouldnt mind this happening saves me money actually

  9. #289
    Considering it would be cheaper to buy lv 90 then to level a char from 1-90, I fully support selling lv 90 chars.

  10. #290
    I'm already heavily against the idea of a free 90 with the expansion, but if they start selling them that's my last straw.

    IMO Characters are something YOU put work into. You put your own time and effort in it to feel good especially when you reach those last levels. Putting in a green card for people with money to take a shortcut through 85% of the game sounds like a really cheap idea to me.

    "Well I've leveled 11 classes to 90, shouldn't I get a break?" Good for you, but honestly if you're too lazy to put in the effort, or just can't then I don't think you should deserve it.
    dicks

  11. #291
    Kneepel your kinda missing the point each expansion is like a new game and if you've never played why mess with the classic stuff that honestly sucks they just want there players to see the shiny new stuff,it's gonna happen and if you wanna quit because of it so be it

  12. #292
    Leveling isn't hard. But with that said I'll take two! Just to have a couple monks since for some reason that class makes me want to /wrists while leveling. Everything else has been a breeze.

  13. #293
    Quote Originally Posted by VoodooGaming View Post
    Because when Warlords of Draenor is released, being able to go straight to level 90 means you win the game ...
    Didnt you know? level 90 is the max level..
    wait..
    wait a minute
    its not
    Crap.

  14. #294
    leveling sucks... only shitty thing is that i leveled every class to 85-90 already on one server and definitely not because leveling is fun, because sometimes classes don't get the love they deserve so its nice to be able to move onto something else. i think there needs to be a limit on this if it is implemented at least.

  15. #295
    I don't really care about that. People are concerned about some new people with 90's going to dungeons and screwing things over, since the game doesn't have a kick player option, right? Oh wait...

    The only problem with in-game stores that I'm really concerned is selling equipment, like, a gear that is 10x better than the piece of a heroic raid. I really hope Blizzard doesn't put this as something you could just buy anytime, but I'm not that concerned about it, but I'm cool with the ideia of getting one free 90 with the expansion.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Blizzard sucks at realism. It's natural.
    Please share your real time travel with the rest of us.

  16. #296
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    459
    Anyone else remember when that point when they are lvl'ing and you hit around 57 or so and all your /lfd groups turn into a bunch of dk's and NONE of them really know what they are doing?(ok a very small % do).......

    I dont really that we need that at lvl 90 when people who actually lvl'd their chars are starting to work on alts when they've hit 100 on their mains. This would really mess up the 90-95 /lfd experience

    and as to the "kick option" the person above me is talking about...that thing has a retarded cd. If you have 2-3 people that dont know how to play their char its going to ruin everything and this could become a common thing.
    Last edited by slipn; 2013-11-14 at 04:38 AM.

  17. #297
    It depends on how much tbh. I would honestly rather buy XP potions as I like some portions of the leveling up process, and I find learning my class to be fun too. However, 60-70 I have done SOOOOO many times I want to skip over that ASAP. I farmed Krol for months to get the xp pots needed to make that about an hour long process on a more current alt.

    I could see gold sellers taking advantage of it so they could have a profession mule. The thing it would hurt is having people at 100 entered LFD/LFR and having zero clue how to play their class.

    Ok I thought of a legit reason I would pay for this: if 90 twinks become the cats arse in the next xpac and all my chars at at 100 at the time and I want to do something different, then ya, I'd maybe pay for a fresh 90. (Although I have 3 accts that will get this xpac, so that is 3 90s already added to my 8 current 90s...I don't need so many chars...)

  18. #298
    Quote Originally Posted by Chewbacka View Post
    Kneepel your kinda missing the point each expansion is like a new game and if you've never played why mess with the classic stuff that honestly sucks they just want there players to see the shiny new stuff,it's gonna happen and if you wanna quit because of it so be it

    Every expansion being "like a new game" is still irrelevant to players actually working to progress. I just don't agree with their new "helicopter ride up 3/4ths of the mountain" philosophy. Anyways I thought the point was you continuously grow and progress until you're up to the current point, until you kind of mature I guess?

    Think of it like this, you aren't born 17 years old right? The point of growing up is to learn from your experiences, not get a 20 minute demonstration on what you're supposed to do. I wouldn't trust a 17 year old with an infant mentality to do any adult jobs.
    Last edited by Kneepel; 2013-11-14 at 05:09 AM.
    dicks

  19. #299
    Eh, is fair enough I guess.
    would rather have them fix lvling altogether but hey..
    Pokemon X Friendcode : 5257-9535-0556 - Poison Safari, Drapion - Kakuna - Ariados
    Send me a PM with your code so I can add you back!

  20. #300
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneepel View Post
    I'm already heavily against the idea of a free 90 with the expansion, but if they start selling them that's my last straw.

    IMO Characters are something YOU put work into. You put your own time and effort in it to feel good especially when you reach those last levels. Putting in a green card for people with money to take a shortcut through 85% of the game sounds like a really cheap idea to me.

    "Well I've leveled 11 classes to 90, shouldn't I get a break?" Good for you, but honestly if you're too lazy to put in the effort, or just can't then I don't think you should deserve it.
    If you want to keep leveling alts for hours, good for you. However, as someone who is tired of the experience, I will gladly buy a 90 or two. It's about choice and options here. You have the option to buy the 90 or the option to stick with leveling up to 90.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •