View Poll Results: Buying lvl 90'2

Voters
696. You may not vote on this poll
  • FU BLIZZ FUFUFUFU!!! *rage*

    254 36.49%
  • Cool! *pulls out wallet* Two please.

    442 63.51%

Thread: Buying lvl 90's

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ...
6
14
15
16
17
LastLast
  1. #301
    Titan Kangodo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    13,031
    Quote Originally Posted by Argarock View Post
    Eh, is fair enough I guess.
    would rather have them fix lvling altogether but hey..
    The easy fix would be to reimplement the "automatic learning of flight paths".
    In those days I went from 'dungeon > dungeon > dungeon > Ooh, nice zone, let's do it > dungeon > and repeat'.
    Now it's 'dungeon > dungeon > let's go to.. ooh no, it's an hour travel-time, that are at least 4 dungeons > dungeon'
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Try to boil everything down to a negative catch phrase all you want. We're still going to spend countless hours making Warlords of Draenor the most epic expansion possible.

  2. #302
    Field Marshal Medjumurac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    77
    It's just saving you on time. Getting top quality gear from PvE/PvP is not a matter of hours spent. I mean, if you want to reduce it to it's simplest idea sure. But then getting a spot in the Olympics is only a matter of time too (no, I'm not making comparisons between WoW players and Olympic level athletes).

  3. #303
    This is literally an AMAZING business idea, and its about time, look, you want your friend to play, or he/she always sees that game your own but never tried it, or your friend quit back in TBC and is still level 70, now they can buy the game and get straight into the action, this will give the subs a real boost.

    Plus we get a free level 90 alt, or get to reroll, nothing bad about that at all.

    I recently levelled three alts to 90 (Cata is the worst levelling experience in the history of WoW holy shit) and you learn almost NOTHING about your class whilst levelling, you learn nothing of pvp, you learn nothing of raids, you learn 10% of the one spec you level in, having instant 90 will make zero difference to skill, examples being:

    Warlock levelling (Demo); Corruption, Shadow Bolt spam, then when you get a full bar you click another button which gives you new skills, but guess what they are just new versions of corruption and shadow bolt, beside using hand of gul'dan for AoE, that's all you really know about your class, most people never leave the voidwalker either.

    Hunter (BM): Serp Sting - Arcane shot - Steady shot for focus - Again this is pretty much all you use whilst levelling, theres no need for traps, etc.

    The point is, you don't know more than half your class truely whilst levelling, you really begin to learn at max level, thus having instant whatever level, isn't going to bring this huge wave of people herp derping more than the is right now, look at LFR, it can't get worse for some people.

    Plus, sure you can technically get 11 instant 90's if you like, but your going to spend £40 on the xpansion plus £5 on battle chest plus whatever £ for mists, then another £25 (£15?) for a battle net transfer if you want all your mounts and titles and such, armies of people aren't going to be doing this, it's far to expensive.

    Personally, I look forward to having that mage or priest I never levelled and always wanted, this game might just get an extra healer because of this move.

  4. #304
    U GIEF 90 NAO BLIZZ. /10char

    Seriously though, yeah. I'm as hep to level an alt as anyone but god help me if I ever have to see some of those zones again. There is no degree of accelerated leveling that makes up for some of it.

  5. #305
    paying for lvl 90s is borderline pay to win

  6. #306
    Bloodsail Admiral Neliah's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    1,087
    I wouldn't use the option to do so. I feel like I'm robbing myself for the experience of getting to know the class while I level :/

  7. #307
    Lets be honest the hitting max level is not the finish line, especially at the start of an expac. It's hitting the first leg of the expacs "adventure".
    While I agree instant <insert level here> is harmful to new players in the fact that they really have no clue on how to play it's a great tool for someone who is vaguely competant.But lets be honest, the odds are most of the people you don't want getting to max level quickly you're only going to see them in tourist mode. It's not like they're likely to get into a mythic raiding guild

    I currently am thinking of returning for WoD and I'm unsure what I would do on return. Would I
    A) start from scratch leveling 1-90 near the end of mists.
    b) Return at the beginning of WoD.

    Both options have their perks but would it be a bad thing for someone like me a former raider from BC who could at the end of firelands achieve decent parses,raid lead well,tank and heal when required be instantly caught up with the rest of you?

  8. #308
    Herald of the Titans diddle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    District of Columbia, USA
    Posts
    2,500
    Quote Originally Posted by Trickname View Post
    Love it, as much as i love most of the zones in wow I just can't bring myself to do the leveling process.
    agreed, really depends on the price though.

  9. #309
    Quote Originally Posted by cmats4020 View Post
    If you want to keep leveling alts for hours, good for you. However, as someone who is tired of the experience, I will gladly buy a 90 or two. It's about choice and options here. You have the option to buy the 90 or the option to stick with leveling up to 90.
    But would you say you DESERVE that character? Since you essentially put no work in and skipped a good 60%+ of the game with it. Plus how would it be fair to start selling 90's for the people who legitimately level their characters up? It just isn't fair for a person that doesn't want to or can't shell out 25+ dollars for a free pass. I'd feel pretty shitty if I spent all that time leveling up, and then somebody instantly boosts themselves to 90.
    Last edited by Kneepel; 2013-11-14 at 06:07 AM.
    dicks

  10. #310
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneepel View Post
    But would you say you DESERVE that character? Since you essentially put no work in and skipped a good 60%+ of the game with it.
    Without a doubt. I did it (leveling) many times already. It was mindless grind in vanila, it's still mindless grind in mop. Nothing changed. I'll gladly skip it.
    Why you think the Net was born? Porn! Porn! Porn!

  11. #311
    So that is why they didn't reduce XP requirements for Cataclysm and Pandaria. To make people pay for an option to skip them. I predicted they will add expansion skipping but in its current form it is inappropriate.

  12. #312
    It's one of those boxes that once it's open, it's hard to get closed again.

    While I think that one day it might be needed, I don't think needing multiple "Free 90s" is really needed.

    One free 90. Small boost to MoP zones to put a bit of grease into the gears, and you'd be set.

    Even if you chose a terrible class for your free 90, you should have no issues getting looms to boost to 85.

    Realistically, If you quit in WLK, you'll have 2-4 80's; you'll have RAF as an option; And maybe it'll exist as a loophole (Make new account, boost character, pay 25$ to move to old account)

    On the other hand, you can technically "buy" 85's today using raf and a bit of autofollow dungeon running. The triple xp basically means if you have a buddy who can solo instances at 80+ you can get a quick ride there. Better yet, you're banking levels while you do it, so you can also score a free 85 for every 2 85's on the new account. (lol)

    If they do a decent job of easing you into the class, like they claim to do, then maybe a 15-20$ pricetag will make sense. Cheaper than buying another set of boxes and a account transfer, but expensive enough that everyone dosen't just go buy all 11 classes at max level, plus an extra druid for gathering.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    So that is why they didn't reduce XP requirements for Cataclysm and Pandaria. To make people pay for an option to skip them. I predicted they will add expansion skipping but in its current form it is inappropriate.


    This is horseshit, because both of them have already been reduced before.

  13. #313
    Warchief Kivimetsan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    A fascistic nightmare...
    Posts
    2,176
    I don't understand why its a bad thing...

    Think about it: People have busy lives these days, I work five days a week doing around 40 hours. I don't have time to level a character anymore, its one of the reasons why I don't as play much anymore due to the fact that im getting bored of my mains. If I had the option to get a level 90 of any class it would be an incentive to play the game more, thus blizzard makes more money and can invest in more content for all you douche bags that complain about the most trivial nonsensical bullshit imaginable.

    If you're mad about it, its probably because you're just too poor to afford and your butthurt.

    Shut up losers.

  14. #314
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkvoltinx View Post
    paying for lvl 90s is borderline pay to win
    Are we getting any epic gear through this payment? Are we going straight to the top level through this payment? Are we getting anything other people can't get through this payment? Are our characters stronger because of this payment? No. We still have to grind for gear as well as level 10 levels to get to the level cap. This is way far off from actual pay-to-win.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kneepel View Post
    But would you say you DESERVE that character? Since you essentially put no work in and skipped a good 60%+ of the game with it. Plus how would it be fair to start selling 90's for the people who legitimately level their characters up? It just isn't fair for a person that doesn't want to or can't shell out 25+ dollars for a free pass. I'd feel pretty shitty if I spent all that time leveling up, and then somebody instantly boosts themselves to 90.
    Yes, I DESERVE that character! I just spent my cash on it! And like Serissa said, I did it leveling plenty of of times. Mindless grind today, mindless grind tomorrow; it's not going to change. If it is $25, save your money up. You can obviously hand out $15/month to play this game as well as give your free time to level these alts, so I can expect that you can push a little money to the side to pay for a 90.

  15. #315
    Quote Originally Posted by cmats4020 View Post
    Yes, I DESERVE that character! I just spent my cash on it! And like Serissa said, I did it leveling plenty of of times. Mindless grind today, mindless grind tomorrow; it's not going to change. If it is $25, save your money up. You can obviously hand out $15/month to play this game as well as give your free time to level these alts, so I can expect that you can push a little money to the side to pay for a 90.
    All other characters are irrelevant, do you deserve THAT specific character even though you did NOTHING on your own to level it to it's current state.

    Does a sports team deserve the next championship title because they've won the last 5 in a row? Do you deserve liposuction after you spend all that effort losing weight only to gain it back(analogy stemming from fat appreciation thread, fucking dumb idea lol)? I mean, why stop with level 90's! They should start selling full tiers! It's just another shortcut right? Just because you've done it once, maybe twice it means your other characters which you've done raiding on deserve the tiers for their specific classes, right?

    Tell me this, before Blizzard ever announced plans for a free 90 did you agree with people buying other accounts via third party websites? It's essentially the same thing, since you're basically buying a character already leveled.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kivimetsan View Post
    I don't understand why its a bad thing...

    Think about it: People have busy lives these days, I work five days a week doing around 40 hours. I don't have time to level a character anymore, its one of the reasons why I don't as play much anymore due to the fact that im getting bored of my mains. If I had the option to get a level 90 of any class it would be an incentive to play the game more, thus blizzard makes more money and can invest in more content for all you douche bags that complain about the most trivial nonsensical bullshit imaginable.

    If you're mad about it, its probably because you're just too poor to afford and your butthurt.

    Shut up losers.
    You mind not getting so angry and being so aggressive over a discussion on the forums? Nobody here is being hostile towards you,

    Also if you don't have the time, then why play? You shouldn't be entitled to something because you DON'T have the time and effort to put into it.

    How about this, you're putting in so much time and effort into WoW that you don't have time to work. Should you still be paid?
    Last edited by Kneepel; 2013-11-14 at 07:38 AM.
    dicks

  16. #316
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneepel View Post
    But would you say you DESERVE that character? Since you essentially put no work in and skipped a good 60%+ of the game with it. Plus how would it be fair to start selling 90's for the people who legitimately level their characters up? It just isn't fair for a person that doesn't want to or can't shell out 25+ dollars for a free pass. I'd feel pretty shitty if I spent all that time leveling up, and then somebody instantly boosts themselves to 90.
    Define deserve?
    I could say that anyone who can't play a toon to atleast the same ability level as myself doesn't deserve a jump on leveling.
    Now what happens if you don't meet my standards?
    Let's face it, leveling has only ever required effort and in the modern paradigm of wow effort has been severely devalued in order to make a buck. What's wrong with that? nothing as far as blizzard is concerned.

    Also they're allowing a ding to lvl 90, not 100. The odds are someone who just buys their account is going to be in for a shitty time.Look at ebayers.
    Few friends,no guild,no alts,No gear,No professions,2 mounts,no rested,no currency, only basic skills till they get more of them. They're also robbing themselves on how to play their class, the intresting story, the exploration etc etc etc.

    And most importantly what does it matter what someone else does? Because they're the same level without getting the same enjoyment out of the leveling experience, without those years of transmog gear,without those years of achieves,reps,gold,mounts.

    Before launching into a tirade on how wrong I am I actually agree with you.People should have to make some effort but in the long run, it's the mouthbreathers,window lickers and draino drinkers that keep the lights on at blizzard HQ.

  17. #317
    If someone wants to spend well over $100 for a 90 which will not even be the max level when that is possible doesnt really matter to me. Im not wasting my money on that when you can just heirloom up and power level with dungeons and 300%xp potions.

  18. #318
    Quote Originally Posted by Karasuko View Post
    Define deserve?

    Before launching into a tirade on how wrong I am I actually agree with you.People should have to make some effort but in the long run, it's the mouthbreathers,window lickers and draino drinkers that keep the lights on at blizzard HQ.
    Haha, made my day right there.
    dicks

  19. #319
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneepel View Post
    All other characters are irrelevant, do you deserve THAT specific character even though you did NOTHING on your own to level it to it's current state.
    I did something. I paid for it with my own, well-earned cash.

    Does a sports team deserve the next championship title because they've won the last 5 in a row? Do you deserve liposuction after you spend all that effort losing weight only to gain it back(analogy stemming from fat appreciation thread, fucking dumb idea lol)? I mean, why stop with level 90's! They should start selling full tiers! It's just another shortcut right? Just because you've done it once, maybe twice it means your other characters which you've done raiding on deserve the tiers for their specific classes, right?
    This is irrelevant. Comparing a game to real life is so illogical. Liposuction and sports has nothing to do with WoW in the slightest and passing it off like it does with these attempts at trying to correlate the two is sad. You're taking an optional feature and overplaying it by a long shot. If we're allowed to buy level 90s, then yes, we deserve them because we paid for them. Are we morally deserving? Depends. Morally deserving on my standard is different from others, however, I have several 90s and I don't really feel like going another round at 4 expansions. The content gets old, the experience is old. If I want to pay for a 90 that I can get within a matter of minutes compared to a month (yes, I have a busy schedule I can't level like I used to), then so be it. It's my choice. If you want to level regularly, all the more power to you. Paying for a 90 isn't pay-to-win compared to buying tiers. When we're allowed to buy tiers, that's when we're going P2W. Buying a 90 still requires work in that you have no gold, no professions, barely any abilities, no mounts, etc. You're seriously taking this way too far.

    Tell me this, before Blizzard ever announced plans for a free 90 did you agree with people buying other accounts via third party websites? It's essentially the same thing, since you're basically buying a character already leveled.
    No, but again, your logic is flawed. We still have to work on these characters unlike characters from third party websites. We still have to get gold we don't have, get mounts, earn achievements, find a guild, etc. And us.battle.net isn't a third party website, so no, it doesn't even correlate to that when Blizzard is advocating the payment for weak level 90s.

  20. #320
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkvoltinx View Post
    paying for lvl 90s is borderline pay to win
    Not even close. If the level cap was 90 yes. But we're talking in WoD when its level 100.
    i5 2500k @ 4.5GHz | G.Skill DDR3 1800MHz @ 2133MHz @ 10-11-10-28 1T 8GB | Asus P8P67 v3.1 | GTX 780 | Corsair HX650 |Dell U2412M IPS 24" LCD | Mushkin Chronos 120GB SSD SATA III| Mushkin Chronos 480GB SSD SATA III (Games) | Creative X-Fi Soundcard | Windows 7 Professional x64

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •