Page 1 of 72
1
2
3
11
51
... LastLast
  1. #1

    Item Squish will destroy the game.

    Take all that work you put into your characters, the gear, the raiding, etc. for MoP your joy for the increased numbers once you got a new piece of armor or better yet, a better weapon. Take all that and nerf it to the ground, to Wotlk level, one day you were doing MoP numbers, the next day you are doing the same dps as some alt you don't care about that's stuck in Northrend. Hell, your hp, dps, spell numbers will be smaller than of those of your current Cataclysm alts.

    They can BS all they want that it will be percentages etc. but at the end of the day, it's a nerf.

    Numbers indicate progress, take that away and you remove the incentive to progress when you know any new gear will pull off far smaller numbers than MoP or even Cataclysm. This move by Blizz will cost them many many subscribers, so it won't take long until they remove the squish. Ofc a vocal minority will scream outrage, but Blizz should stop letting their spam on the forums determine the direction of the game!

  2. #2
    A nerf indicates a player getting weaker. The entire game is being adjusted to use smaller numbers. I'm sure you can find an addon that multiplies all your stats by 20 if it makes you feel better.

    There will be no perceivable difference in gameplay, it's really not that big a deal.

  3. #3
    Now I don't get to see how numbers pop up in front of my face T-T WoW is ruined because the numbers have changed! (This is sarcarsm by the way.) I can't see many people quitting because the numbers have compressed to more reasonable levels.

  4. #4
    Hmm where to begin.... First of all, they've already hit the cap size for boss health in the game. The reason why Garrosh heals himself three times in the fight is simply to bypass this number limit. And uh... no your numbers won't be smaller than your WotLK or Cata alts. You log in to those and they will be even lower. If you want an indication of your relative power then look at your item level. THAT number is going to keep growing just like it is now. 561 gear will still be 561 gear. The next expansion will keep adding more ilvls to that number.

    To reiterate YOU WILL NOT BE WEAKER THAN YOUR ALTS! All of the gear is getting pushed down. You may be hitting for less damage than they did BEFORE the squish but after they will be doing less damage too.

    ^ Father and son. Winning.

  5. #5
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    230
    I disagree. In fact, I might turn on the floating damage numbers now.

  6. #6
    If that's the way you look at it, Numbers indicate progress, then that's a small minded way of looking at things. Everything is being squished not just players. Say what you want. But stuff will die just as fast so that in fact would mean that it isn't a nerf. Smaller numbers, same percentages. QQ

  7. #7
    Wow, just wow.
    The reason is that the code will eventually break down if they dont squish the numbers.

    It's not a nerf if everything gets squished down, and they've said that you'll feel as powerful as you would do without the itemsquish.

    Vocal minority, indeed.

  8. #8
    If bigger numbers are the reason you play the game you might want to rethink what you are doing ;(

  9. #9
    I disagree completely here. I remember at some point i wanted to break the 20k (or something) crit heal with a certain spell. Back then i could really work towards that goal and was totally happy when i finally passed the spellpower barrier to do it. Nowadays i dont really care anymore how much i heal because it is so freaking much.
    When the numbers are smaller, they are better to keep track on.
    I'm happy about the squish.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Summerdrake View Post
    Take all that work you put into your characters, the gear, the raiding, etc. for MoP your joy for the increased numbers once you got a new piece of armor or better yet, a better weapon. Take all that and nerf it to the ground, to Wotlk level, one day you were doing MoP numbers, the next day you are doing the same dps as some alt you don't care about that's stuck in Northrend. Hell, your hp, dps, spell numbers will be smaller than of those of your current Cataclysm alts.

    They can BS all they want that it will be percentages etc. but at the end of the day, it's a nerf.

    Numbers indicate progress, take that away and you remove the incentive to progress when you know any new gear will pull off far smaller numbers than MoP or even Cataclysm. This move by Blizz will cost them many many subscribers, so it won't take long until they remove the squish. Ofc a vocal minority will scream outrage, but Blizz should stop letting their spam on the forums determine the direction of the game!
    I am quite sure this post is just a troll post looking to create some drama, he cant be serious. Just move on guys and ignore this as he clearly did not even spend time thinking about it or the coding implifications they have if they kept going up with the numbers.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Summerdrake View Post
    Take all that work you put into your characters, the gear, the raiding, etc. for MoP your joy for the increased numbers once you got a new piece of armor or better yet, a better weapon. Take all that and nerf it to the ground, to Wotlk level, one day you were doing MoP numbers, the next day you are doing the same dps as some alt you don't care about that's stuck in Northrend. Hell, your hp, dps, spell numbers will be smaller than of those of your current Cataclysm alts.

    They can BS all they want that it will be percentages etc. but at the end of the day, it's a nerf.

    Numbers indicate progress, take that away and you remove the incentive to progress when you know any new gear will pull off far smaller numbers than MoP or even Cataclysm. This move by Blizz will cost them many many subscribers, so it won't take long until they remove the squish. Ofc a vocal minority will scream outrage, but Blizz should stop letting their spam on the forums determine the direction of the game!
    I don't need epeen numbers. Strength is relative to what you're fighting. It isn't a nerf. You're going to be replacing your epics with greens in WoD just like in every other expac. If seeing smaller numbers makes you insecure, then work on that instead of getting worked up over something that you won't even notice after a day.
    Perfect example of why "community" forums are poisonous to the health of a development team. These developers are wasting hundreds of hours trying to stem the tide of incessant bitchery that would never, ever abate so long as these entitled, unfortunate human beings don't get their way.

  12. #12
    Item Squish will destroy the game.

    Absolutely agree.

    A RPG is about progressing your character , not regressing it.

  13. #13
    Really?

    No it wont destroy the game, next question?
    [email protected] | 16gb RAM | Asus Geforce GTX 970 OC | 120gb SSD | 1tb HDD
    Druid (Main)World first 9000/9000HC 10minutes/week

  14. #14
    I'm actually looking forward to the item squish and removal of certain stats. It makes the game less convoluted and more enjoyable for people who aren't mathematicians. As long as you can still solo old content at the same rate you can now with the same level of ease, then there's nothing wrong with it at all.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Summerdrake View Post
    They can BS all they want that it will be percentages etc. but at the end of the day, it's a nerf.
    Go slap your math teacher for not teaching you properly. There is no difference between doing 200 damage to a monster with 10k hp than doing 200,000 damage to a monster with 10,000,000 hp.

    Quote Originally Posted by vandam View Post
    Absolutely agree.

    A RPG is about progressing your character , not regressing it.
    Your character is not being regressed. The information as to what percentage of damage you do to a given monster in a given set of gear is being displayed in a different manner.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Summerdrake View Post
    Item Squish will destroy the game.
    No, it won't. Are you delusional or just plain stupid? The squish is needed and your power will not change/diminish AT ALL, because monster HP and boss HP will be nerfed aswell. Why are so many people not seing this? It's astonishing how dumb some people are.

    Infracted. Keep it civil
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2013-11-10 at 05:09 PM.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollfaced View Post
    No it wont destroy the game, next question?
    It's funny cuz your name should belong to OP.

    But yeah seriously man large epeen numbers are just silly. The real epeen isn't how much super awesome damage you can do, but how much more super awesome damage you can do compared to the rest of the people playing your class.

    ^ Father and son. Winning.

  18. #18
    I will agree that lower numbers does suck, but the reality is that a lot of computing power was being "wasted" as power levels became seriously inflated and numbers continued to soar. It will take some adjusting, but this will not destroy the game...
    I tend to post primarily in Recent Forum Posts from the main page.
    If I don't reply back to you in a thread, don't get overly offended as it is solely a consequence of my laziness and not out of spite.

  19. #19
    I disagree.

    Numbers right now are already too large to be readable, and it's only going to get worse. This is about time, and you will be fully used to it within a very short time.
    My addons:
    Announce Interrupts: Announces in chat when you interrupt a spell.
    Tol Barad Reminder: Reminds you to queue for Tol Barad by printing a message when the battle is approaching.
    EasyLogger: Turns on /combatlog inside raid instances, and off outside.
    Simple class resource bars: Paladin Rogue Shaman Monk Priest

  20. #20
    Also, please think of the current system's influence on the game world and logic itself. Right now, my mage at 90 may have 500k health or more - if an army of 60 level characters cought me sleeping somewhere, they could whack me all night with clubs, axes and firebolts and I they wouldn't even wake me up. I don't know about you, but this breaks immersion for me. The item level squish WILL not change that, but just the fact that the numbers will be closer together makes me feel slightly better.

    Actually, all my friends (both from the sandbox and themepark sides of the fence) welcome this change with open arms

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •