Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Luminoth4 View Post
    I would hate the idea of Ogres for the Alliance, and the Draenei feel like part of the Alliance now to me as much as most others. Alliance have brute force. It's called Worgen.
    I wish Gilnean lore is expanded beyond reclaiming Gilneas.

Herald of the Titans Chain Chungus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, give me Alliance Ogres.

Seriously, I want them.

Quote Originally Posted by Luminoth4 View Post
    I would hate the idea of Ogres for the Alliance, and the Draenei feel like part of the Alliance now to me as much as most others. Alliance have brute force. It's called Worgen.
    Yeah right, worgen... They had potential, I recall people claiming they were to feral to be alliance. Funny how they ended up a bunch of tea-sipping, top-hat-wearing furry pervs.

And no, ogres, in fact, 2 ogre tribes are already members of the Horde. While I'm sure Blizzard can fit them in somehow, I expect them to given to the Horde and hope the Alliance gets a brute race too. I mean we are kinda out of stuff that can be added so I expect blizzard will make one up that's big and nice too.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am hoping they will be the next Horde race and Alliance can get the bird creatures, but more of the winged kind.
    For the Horde!

Quote Originally Posted by Evilfish View Post
    Yeah right, worgen... They had potential, I recall people claiming they were to feral to be alliance. Funny how they ended up a bunch of tea-sipping, top-hat-wearing furry pervs.

And no, ogres, in fact, 2 ogre tribes are already members of the Horde. While I'm sure Blizzard can fit them in somehow, I expect them to given to the Horde and hope the Alliance gets a brute race too. I mean we are kinda out of stuff that can be added so I expect blizzard will make one up that's big and nice too.
    Vrykul for the Alliance?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Windfury View Post
    o.O

Draenei *hate* the Orcs. They aren't going to want to team up with them ever. Orcs literally hunted their race to near extinction (lore wise there's only a thousand or so left), for absolutely no reason. That's not something they can (or should) just hug out.
    We're very well aware of the fact that most of the Orcs deeply regret what they did but that the didn't have a choice because they were bound to Mannoroth.
    Thats why we teamed up with them on quite a number of occasions.

But that doesn't mean we trust them or want anything more to do with them than we absolutely have to.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    We're very well aware of the fact that most of the Orcs deeply regret what they did but that the didn't have a choice because they were bound to Mannoroth.

But that doesn't mean we trust them or want anything more to do with them than we absolutely have to.
    They had every choice to drink the blood and are responsible for their actions when under it's influence. Certainly as a Draenei player I have never teamed up with an Orc, never will, and don't believe you should be speaking for all Draenei on this one

If Ogres ever become playable they'd be part of the horde hands down. Since right now, there are Ogre clans in the Horde. Ogres were part of the Horde in the past...well more slaves to the Horde...but those were dark days. Draenei would never be in the Horde. Not after the Orcs nearly wiped them out.

And keep in mind, that Draenei have insane life spans. Valen is over 25,000 years old. Meaning that most if not every Draenei alive witnessed the Orcs murdering friends and family.

So no, sorry OP, your idea doesn't float.

Quote Originally Posted by Miatog View Post
    If Ogres ever become playable they'd be part of the horde hands down. Since right now, there are Ogre clans in the Horde. Ogres were part of the Horde in the past...well more slaves to the Horde...but those were dark days. Draenei would never be in the Horde. Not after the Orcs nearly wiped them out.

And keep in mind, that Draenei have insane life spans. Valen is over 25,000 years old. Meaning that most if not every Draenei alive witnessed the Orcs murdering friends and family.

So no, sorry OP, your idea doesn't float.
    Bloof Elves lives longer than human and when they were High Elves, they witnessed their cities burnt to the ground and their family slain by orcs and undeads. Guess which faction they are in now?

iirc the blood drinking came with the final assault on Shattrath City
    the rest of the genocide and road paving was due to one orc going: "yo guys my dead wife told me to kill them all" and the rets of the orcs went "k"

edit: maybe not, I've sen both versions being thrown around so, meh, stuff been retconed about 20 times already anyway

and I've never seen any evidence that suggests the orcs were mind controlled or anything with the blood, it just increased their strength
    and there is plenty of evidence of orcs acting the same way they did while on demon blood in cata, mop and soon wod
    Last edited by Enosh; 2013-11-16 at 01:03 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Windfury View Post
    They had every choice to drink the blood and are responsible for their actions when under it's influence. Certainly as a Draenei player I have never teamed up with an Orc, never will, and don't believe you should be speaking for all Draenei on this one
    For the average grunt Orc it was: "Obey your boss or die!"
    My Draenei has lost everyone she cared about, and she does hate the ones that are responsible.
    However, she also knows that bloodshed after the fact doesn't bring back the ones she loves and only leads to even more suffering on both sides.

That being said, she does not like the Orcs (or Bloodelfs for that matter, since they killed her daughter when they sabotaged the Exodar) one bit.
    If an Orc or Elf gives her even the slightest reason, she will strike him down without remorse.

Certainly as a Draenei player I have never teamed up with an Orc
    So, you didn't help Thrall stop Deathwing?
    You didn't fight side by side with Elfs and Orcs in the shattered sun offensive?
    You never helped an orcish shaman of the earthen ring?

Humans have suffered from the hands of the Orcs just as Draenei did.
    If a race of children is able to put their hatred aside and fight for common survival, so should we enlightened Draenei.

Deleted
    OP, there are two very big reasons why your suggestion fails:

- Ogres have been part of the Horde in the second war and they have slaughtered plenty of Alliance.
    - Draenei were brought to near extinction in their war with the Orcs, it would be VERY strange to see them being neutral.

So no, it would make a lot more sense for Ogres to be part of the Horde and Draenei to be part of the Alliance.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyde View Post
    the current Horde didn't slaughter the Draenei as well.
    Not being a smart ass here but don't Draenei live up to somewhere around 25,000 years? There by the same Draenei that where around the first go are still around with the memories of the past slaughter. http://www.wowwiki.com/Life_spans

It makes no sense whatsoever for ogres to join the alliance, ever.

So, you didn't help Thrall stop Deathwing?
    You didn't fight side by side with Elfs and Orcs in the shattered sun offensive?
    You never helped an orcish shaman of the earthen ring?
    Nope. Never. I make a point of it.

Humans have suffered from the hands of the Orcs just as Draenei did.
    If a race of children is able to put their hatred aside and fight for common survival, so should we enlightened Draenei.
    Really? Humans have been hunted to near extinction? There are only 1000 humans left in lore? Everything the humans have ever created has been destroyed? Nonsense. It's insulting to compare the two.

The Draenei should demand justice for what happened to them, not be working with the war criminals who waged a baseless genocidal war against them. The Orcs try to destroy everything they come into contact with sooner or later, as we have seen and seen and seen and seen. There will never be any common survival or peace if the Orcs are involved in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Celawien View Post
    Not being a smart ass here but don't Draenei live up to somewhere around 25,000 years? There by the same Draenei that where around the first go are still around with the memories of the past slaughter. http://www.wowwiki.com/Life_spans
    Blood elves have long life span as well and lo and behold they join the races that they fought against in the second and the third war.