I am a beta player, and have leveled all 11 classes to 90. I love this game, have hated it at times, but I am still here. Yes I will admit I have been hanging on by a string lately but I want to try and take the emotion out for a second and look at the facts. I own every CE edition that has been released and each one has had strong selling points. So lets look at WoD and it's so called selling points vs standard and evolving upgrades to the game, i.e "patch feeling content"
1. Garrisons- Selling point, personally think it's kinda of cool.
2. Item squish- Patch content
3. LvL Cap to 100- Can be argued as both, as it is expected with any expansion, not really a "new" selling point.
4. New Race models- uuuummm honestly in my opinion it's patch content not a selling point.
5. Stat, Gear, Profession changes-Patch content.
6. New world- Selling point and maybe patch content undertones, as expected new Art and zones.
7. New Raids/Raiding changes- Feels like patch content.
So when you look at the facts you can argue we are going to be paying 40-100$ for Garrisons, new level Cap and a New World? To me that seems very underwhelming as an Expansion and more like a glorified Large Scale Patch. Looking at the WoW history we normally pay for new races and or classes.
Now this is NOT another screw Blizz Thread, I WANT all of you to step back, remove emotion (well attempt) and look at it from a "What am I truly spending my money on angle"
I am hoping you can all help me make sense of this whole thing as the more I look at it the more im like ....seriously? WTF.