3) With the RaF invite I create a whole new WoW account.
4) Paid for Starter Edition of WoW.
5) Gifted 2 months of Game Time to that new account (One way or another you have to activate it inside battle net on the new account so it doesnt have any option showing as a GIFT for real, so no problem here)
6) Did not receive my +1 reward to choose mount or pet.
7) Checked my brand new account only to find that when I create a toon it says "your friend plays on alliance side" (Basically telling me that everything is fine, that my new toon has been recruited)
What do I have to do for my +1 reward point?
Looks like I need to UPGRADE to some expansion or something?
Looks like there is a bug, then. Araxom! I command you to appear!
<insert sound of thunder!> Your wish is my command!
Edit to my original post: It does appear that it may now take upwards of 7 days after the payment is attempted before the in-game rewards will become eligible for newly linked accounts. As ever, you're always welcome to send us a petition to inquire as to whether the link was set up correctly so that we can help you verify all is well.