New Spec Styles Through Talents

ok, so I'm not a theorycrafter, but looking at the talents, it seems they offer you new playstyles to the old specs.

For warlocks, Chaotic Resources does this to demo: "Touch of Chaos no longer costs Demonic Fury, and instead generates 40 Demonic Fury, but Metamorphosis provides 30% less increased damage."

since touch of chaos refreshes corruption, that means you'd place corruption, pop meta and never have to worry about going out of meta again. it's essentially a permanent metamorphosis. a non-stance dance version of demonology.

For Hunters, With or Without You allows MM and SV to be petless hunters.

Cat Druids with Touch of Elune can now cast moonfire in cat form for 30 energy generating one combo point. that breaks one of Alamo's rules:

"and CAT DURIDS is no spam moonfare! Sum cat durids dosent no wut is uh moonfare!"

Shadow Priests can now opt out of the DoTing dps style with Divine Clarity, which greatly enhances their direct spells on targets that do not have any of your DoTs on them.

Finally, the Seal of Faith is there to, apparently, give paladins the "dps for heals" style that disc priests and monks enjoy. on this one, you beat the boss for some time and gain spellpower equal to your damage done for your next healing spell. It always made sense that paladins would be beating people up and than healing others, and blizzard has previously stated that they think the atonement style fits paladins well and should be brought to them. now that is here

In my opinion, these talents are rather neat. they are much more game changing than any others! of course not every talent should completely redefine your spec, but I believe that the more playstyle choices we have, the better and more fun the game will be. especially now since we got no new class and no new specs - many of us will feel the need to try something different, while others don't want to have to re-learn to play. these talents can deliver to both kinds of people! take the talent if you want a new playstyle or take another talent if you don't. (that is, assuming that they'll be well balanced and there won't be a clear winner)

so, what do you think? do you welcome new playstyles to your class? do you dread the thought of being forced to play a different style for a 5% dps increase? do you wish your class had gotten new playstyles too?
    Last edited by checking facts; 2013-11-10 at 12:37 PM.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

I honestly hope that we will get class reworks instead of just playstyle changes. I can understand it for classes like Priests and Warlocks. Especially since the Warlock just had a rework and is now sitting in a good position with each spec being very different but still having the "Demon, death, destruction" feeling. I'm however not sure why a cat can cast moonfire? >_>

I would rather like to see a complete rework of the hunter class (see below) instead of just some playstyle changes, since it's really needed for the hunter. Same goes for the Rogues and blizz knows this.

I hope that because of the "no new class" that they are going to focus on balance and rework.

Edit. And don't you mean Seal of Faith and not the Light Within?
    Last edited by Micromadsen; 2013-11-10 at 12:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Micromadsen View Post
    I'm however not sure why a cat can cast moonfire? >_>
    the cat druid can cast moonfire because elune touched him

just joking, of course lol

a cat druid is a druid that used druid magic to turn into a cat while retaining his higher cognitive functions. therefore, I can't imagine why cat and bear druids can't use spells while transformed (besides game mechanics). it's not like they forget how nature works and go all "rawr feed hunt sleep feed again". they just shapeshift.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Micromadsen View Post
    Edit. And don't you mean Seal of Faith and not the Light Within?
    yes, I mixed them up lol
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.