Thread: What's Cosplay?

  1. #1
    Old God adam86shadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Yorkshire - England
    Posts
    10,625

    What's Cosplay?

    Sounds like a band

  2. #2
    This isn't trying to be a smart arse etc, but I do wonder Adam why you don't just Google such things?

    I mean, its a single word rather than a deep philosophical concept that might need explaining/discussion...

    Be much quicker for you too

  3. #3
    Bloodsail Admiral Pencil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    In the fridge
    Posts
    1,115
    Quote Originally Posted by Effbee View Post
    This isn't trying to be a smart arse etc, but I do wonder Adam why you don't just Google such things?

    I mean, its a single word rather than a deep philosophical concept that might need explaining/discussion...

    Be much quicker for you too
    And even then you don't just answer him? My lord my doubts about the community aren't false, I see.

    Cosplay stands for 'Costume Play', Adam. It's basically where you dress up as a game/film character with others. I believe there's a little Roleplay in there too.
    pencil is cool

  4. #4
    Old God adam86shadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Yorkshire - England
    Posts
    10,625
    I thought that was LARPing

  5. #5
    Epic! Warlord Booty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Under your bed.
    Posts
    1,553
    It allows hot chicks to dress up as cartoons to suit fetishes. I love'em. I'd take some Monika Lee every day of the week, twice on Sundays.

  6. #6
    Dreadlord DrMcNinja's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Training with Batman in the Batcave
    Posts
    835
    Basically, you go walking around dressed up as your favorite fictional (usually anime) character. I got a bunch of friends who go to these cons cosplaying meeting other cosplayers.

    A good example:

    WoW without flying is like having Pizza, instead of flying right over it

  7. #7
    Costume Play.

    Literal definition, what it actually entails I haven't really paid much attention to :P


    But if Jesse up there is anything to go by...... My God o.O
    I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like more than half of you more than you deserve.

  8. #8
    Pandaren Monk 1ns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    tdb
    Posts
    1,988
    Quote Originally Posted by DrMcNinja View Post
    Basically, you go walking around dressed up as your favorite fictional (usually anime) character. I got a bunch of friends who go to these cons cosplaying meeting other cosplayers.

    A good example:


    This exactly what i think of when you say cosplay hahaha.
    There is no such thing as "ability bloat" just l2fp.

  9. #9
    Epic! Warlord Booty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Under your bed.
    Posts
    1,553
    Quote Originally Posted by NSrm View Post
    This exactly what i think of when you say cosplay hahaha.
    I think of this!



    I'm clearly not as talented as Ms. Lee.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •