Poll: What is the main cause (or causes)?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 60 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Him being the president.

There's no other reasons needed. He's the president therefore his approval is going to go down.

Proof: If someone else was the president, their approval ratings would go down and Obama's would start going up for no other reason then he's not the president.

"not caring anymore, during final term"
    Dance on the edge of eternity

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zython View Post
    Considering that Romney's campaign platform was based around his experience at Bain Capital, and considering how Bain treated its clients...
    Based around his experience in Massachusetts.*

Say what you want about the man, he was a turn around artist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imadraenei View Post
    You can find that unbiased view somewhere between Atlantis and that unicorn farm down the street, just off Interstate √(-1).

10+ Year Old Account
    I voted "other" because while I do think the NSA scandal is hurting him, I think the primary cause of his falling poll numbers is that some of his supports are (finally! at long last!) realizing that for all his progressive talk, he's basically just George W. Bush 2.0.
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

Quote Originally Posted by N-7 View Post
    Him being a closet republican I guess.
    he's a DINO

Any poll like this is just a circle jerk of "what reason do I hate obama"

There have been a lot of controversial and unpopular moves by the president recently, such as the push for war with Syria, poor Obamacare launch (plus his big lie), his push for gun control and the NSA spying scandal, just to name a few. But which of these do you think is the main cause?
    For instance, do you have any serious data showing that any of these were a contributing cause?

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxi View Post
    He seemed to consider his stint as governor an embarrassment.

I'll give you that he was an artist.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigzoman20 View Post
    The only hits I think Obama took during the last couple of years was the NSA leaks, the democratic party's push for gun control legislation (to some extent) and his desire for military strikes against the Asadd regime.

Concerning the Syria debacle, I feel as though a lot of people felt that it was Obama trying to push the United States in another war on similar pretenses to Bush engaging against Hussein and Iraq during the earlier decade.

Even the Young Turks came out and pointed out the youth's disdain towards him following those leaks. And the divisiveness of the gun control legislation merely polarized people on the far end partisan side of things.

The rest of the "scandals" are things that every presidential administration has been burdened with in some form due to the opposition trying to capitalize on shortcomings. If anything, the Republicans failed to capitalize on the ones that could hurt Obama more and ironically sided with him on those. This followed by the opposition towards the ones that couldn't hold water very well ultimently made republicans look foolish when they could have been more appealing to bases that don't like them very much.

The results of these failures won't likely appear until 2016 though. I just don't see the democratic Party mustering enough of a force to oust republicans in the house or senate in 2014. This opinion could change as the election draws close though.
    What do you mean even the young turks? If you have any intellectual integrity you would know what Cenk thinks of Obama.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaxi View Post

Bain Capital merely reflected his success in a globalizing market. He allowed the democratic party to point out some of the bads that come with globalization throughout the campain. This and his 47 percent comment is what I THINK cost him the election.

The largest contributor is that people are stupid enough to think that every problem can be fixed overnight and when it's not, they blame the current president instead of their own stupidity.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    What do you mean even the young turks? If you have any intellectual integrity you would know what Cenk thinks of Obama.
    Cenek has criticized Obama on the spying front quite a bit. I'd have to find the video where they point out youth disapproval following the NSA leaks. He even criticizes republicans for not calling him on it. Gimme a second and i'll find it.

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    If he ran as a Republican and did everything he did the same - the Republicans would be PRAISING him here, and the Liberals would be saying "Hrm... he ain't half bad!"
    you must not know how republicans really felt about mccain, who is very much like obama. So would be praising him, i agree, because there are liberal republicans, but as a whole, if ran as a republican with the same things he did as a democrat, he would have never even gotten on the ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Bigzoman20 View Post
    Cenek has criticized Obama on the spying front quite a bit. I'd have to find the video where they point out youth disapproval following the NSA leaks. He even criticizes republicans for not calling him on it. Gimme a second and i'll find it.
    The point was saying "even the young turks" makes it seem like the Young Turks were ever particularly in his camp. They weren't. He's a centrist and they're liberals.

Its like how people pretend Stewart is a cheerleader for the Democrats so they can act like its some big deal when he criticizes them.

10+ Year Old Account

Here Raybourne.

Quote Originally Posted by eodusaf View Post
    you must not know how republicans really felt about mccain, who is very much like obama. So would be praising him, i agree, because there are liberal republicans, but as a whole, if ran as a republican with the same things he did as a democrat, he would have never even gotten on the ticket
    What liberal republicans?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zython View Post
    He seemed to consider his stint as governor an embarrassment.
    I've never heard that before. The state did rather well under him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imadraenei View Post
    You can find that unbiased view somewhere between Atlantis and that unicorn farm down the street, just off Interstate √(-1).

That he was burdened with an ineffective house full of republican children who can't get their shit together.

Shame that isn't on the "poll." Only a bunch of loaded bullshit.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    The point was saying "even the young turks" makes it seem like the Young Turks were ever particularly in his camp. They weren't. He's a centrist and they're liberals.

Its like how people pretend Stewart is a cheerleader for the Democrats so they can act like its some big deal when he criticizes them.
    Wasn't the intent. Not saying that it was a bad reinterpretation, but the take away from it is that a progressive internet show spent a good chunk of time being very critical of the Obama Administration during the NSA leak scandal.

For right wingers all of the above, and the fact that he is black and it's killing them. Yes I think the Tea Party is overwhelmingly racist, and theocratic morons.

For the left, the fact that he is insanely conservative. Both militarily and economically he is essentially a direct continuation of Bush era politics.

Everyone with a shred of common sense is pissed about the whole NSA affair and the overuse of Drone Warfare. Everyone with a shred of common sense and human decency should be appalled by the treatment whistle blowers received at the hand of this administration. Bradley Manning and Edward Snowden are heroes and political dissidents.