Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiralphoenix View Post
    Again, this is entirely speculation. It just seems the most reasonable to me based on that vague statement. I could be entirely wrong!
    I believe they mentioned in one of the panels that it is the raid leader who must opt-in to the personal loot system. So either the whole raid is personal loot, or the whole raid is traditional loot. I might be remembering wrong, though.

Deleted

Optimisation

Quote Originally Posted by paraalso View Post
    I believe they mentioned in one of the panels that it is the raid leader who must opt-in to the personal loot system. So either the whole raid is personal loot, or the whole raid is traditional loot. I might be remembering wrong, though.
    Yes I read it as this being the case.

This does open an interesting discussion as to which system is best for you raid for each boss. As some situations may favour one or the other.

Four casters all want the same OP trinket? Go personal and hope more than one wins it.

Have someone that needs almost every item on the bosses table? Use traditional for the guaranteed drops.#

Only need vanquisher helms? Personal.

Need all 3 types of tokens? Traditional so you get at least one.

I suspect to balance the system they will make the traditional drop rate slightly higher than personal (currently 20% vs 15%?) to make up for getting loot nobody in the raid can use and not allowing multiples of the same item. Could also not allow it to be changed on a per-boss basis, so you need to make the call at the start for the whole raid.

Hmmm

The consensus in this thread is that nothing will be changing to help reduce the necessity having a disgusting amount of week 1 alt raids to get a severe ilvl advantage for each tier.

Deleted
    Could be cool :P

Quote Originally Posted by paraalso View Post
    Aw, that's boring.

And probably far simpler to implement.

Quote Originally Posted by vudani View Post
    The consensus in this thread is that nothing will be changing to help reduce the necessity having a disgusting amount of week 1 alt raids to get a severe ilvl advantage for each tier.
    How so? With the option to use master loot or personal loot in 6.0 Normal/Heroic, it seems to me that the problem remains. You bring 25 with a small number of "important" people that the loot gets funneled to, and don't "opt in" to personal loot. That said, I'm pretty sure Blizzard still acknowledged it as a problem (esp. with no more shared lockouts) but I don't think they have proposed their solution yet. Not entirely sure there is one that wouldn't be overly restrictive.
    Main - Spirál - Hunter

I was pretty sure in flex normal/heroic, you could actually decide between personal or master loot.

Personal being exactly like flex today, and master loot being what people said

2 + 0.2 * (amount of raiders who didn't loot that boss that week - 10)
    Last edited by Spotnick; 2013-11-12 at 07:46 PM.

From what I understand it will work like this: Every player can only receive loot once from either Mythic, HC or normal. For every loot eligible player in the raid you get a 20% chance (I think is the current coin chance) for a piece of loot.

You run a Heroic run with 24 people, 20 of which have already killed all bosses in mythic mode.
    Every time you kill a boss you will have a 80% (20*4) chance of getting a drop and the drop can only be assigned to the 4 people who were eligible.

The boss can drop 0-4? (1 piece per player makes sense). The group will have a overall 80% chance but the boss can still drop 0 items or 4 items, However the boss is most likely to drop 1 item that can then be assigned to a member eligible for loot in the raid.

Think of it how the garrosh heirlooms work right now. In a 25 man you are most likely to get 5 heirlooms per week (0.2*25) some weeks you get fewer and some weeks more (Assuming the drop rate is 20%) only change in next expansion would be that you could assign the heirlooms that drop to specific players instead of the game doing it for you.

If you are doing Heroic with 25 people the next week and all of you are loot eligible you will have a 500% chance for loot, The boss can still drop 0-25 items but most likely is 5 items.

This is how I imagine the system working. Seems kinda weird though how if you are running mythic with all players eligible you can in theory be super lucky and get 20 items drop of the boss? (I guess it's just as likely you will see garrosh drop 25 heirlooms in hc) It seems a bit too random so I guess they will implement a lower and upper cap but the problem with that will be that running with 15 players for 3 granted items is way more favorable than running with 14 and have 2 granted and a CHANCE for 3rd.

Anyone who remember the titan runestone legendary quest can pick if you rather want the 5 last bosses+(Durumu-Twin Consorts) have a 20% drop chance and the granted lei shen drop or That the two last bosses will always drop a runestone.

If loot will have granted loot thresholds I will always go for the granted option and just invite or kick people so I know for sure we will get the granted drop chance.

Summary:

If you run Heroic with 10 players of which 9 have already looted a boss you will have a 20% chance for loot per boss

The maximum number of items dropped would be amount of players*number of bosses and minimum 0.

25 loot eligible players run normal, average chance for loot is 500% The boss will drop 5 pieces of loot most of the time but the boss can still drop 0-25 items

Having 25 items drop of a single boss will have a 0.2^25 chance of happening so 1 in every 298 quadrillion(10^17) boss kills you would have 25 items drop.
    Last edited by Axelond; 2013-11-12 at 08:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xyronic View Post
    I'll give a basic rundown.

LFR - works exactly the same way as it does now.

Normal/Heroic/Mythic - Your various basic options available. There is no personal loot. HOWEVER, on Normal/Heroic (not mythic) you will have the ability to go back and kill whatever bosses you want to help other people out. You will not be able to be assigned loot, however.
    What I want to know is: if you're a PUG in NM/HM will you have personal loot, or the option to select personal loot, or will you be at the mercy of the ML like in the old days? Seems like a step backwards for PUGs IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    What I want to know is: if you're a PUG in NM/HM will you have personal loot, or the option to select personal loot, or will you be at the mercy of the ML like in the old days? Seems like a step backwards for PUGs IMO.
    You will have the option to select personal loot. Like today, the raid leader chooses the loot style, and personal loot will be another option.
    (It's not entirely clear if personal loot can be selected on a per-player basis, but i doubt it. My guess is that the whole group will have the same loot system.)