Poll: Your opinion about no flying till 6.1

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

I'm concidering coming back for WoD and no flying for a while is one of the things I really like so far!

Quote Originally Posted by Zachary View Post
    I think the pro-flying people should stop considering themselves as the majority after seeing these poll results.

But let me guess, this is just mmo-champion and the actual players want to fly, right? Nope, didn't think so.
    Looking at the stats about players given to us by Blizzard it is quite easy to infer that MMO-Champion does not represent an accurate sample of WoW's player base.

Even if that poll were close to accurate it presents bad news for Blizzard. At least a third of the player base think no flying is a bad idea. And they are about to lose 4-5% of their sub base on that decision alone. 4 to 5% doesn't seem like much, however, that is 350k+ subscribers lost.

350k subscribers is $17.5 million of missed revenue from the initial purchase of WoD. 350k subscribers is $5.265 million of missed revenue for each month that portion of the community is missing.

If it takes 3 months from release to patch 6.1, Blizzard look to lose nearly $30 million.

Sure the release of an expansion pack will spike subscription numbers, it always has. Will they gain players back who would otherwise not return to WoW? Quite probably. Would it make up anywhere near the projected numbers lost? Absolutely not.

So go ahead, wear that smirk on your face for a while longer. But remember that Blizzard like money. And the prospect of losing $30 million isn't something that will go down too well with their investors. And months down the track, when Blizzard start to release more content for purchase and less free stuff, remember that they've got $30 million in missed revenue to make up and they would really appreciate if you would please purchase that limited edition flying mount....

We don't think flying makes questing quicker. We think it makes it trivial. There is a difference. Source
    How does flying trivialise this quest?
    Cherry picking data, have a read.

The only people complaining about it are the ones with auto-fly on while they check their facebook. You aren't doing anything to get to places.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zachary View Post
    I think the pro-flying people should stop considering themselves as the majority after seeing these poll results.

But let me guess, this is just mmo-champion and the actual players want to fly, right? Nope, didn't think so.
    MMO-Champion is hardly a valid sample pool for drawing any conclusions outside what the people on WoD General think.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!