Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Do you create new characters now or wait for WoD?

Well my sub has ended long ago and with all the WoD discussion I warmed up and wanted to come back and create some characters to level them and have them ready for the expansion...Specifically on a server that my current guild in GW2 plays and I don't have chars there..

But the problem is that the reason I am thinking to come back in WoD is the updated character models..and since Blizzard have not promised a free re-customize on existing characters, I don't want to use my character slots and even more, spend time to a character that I will not be able to change (free) when WoD comes.. I know they promised that characters will look the same with more bones on them, etc, but still, some faces that are "ugly" now may be very good after the update, or maybe they will add new faces too..

So what are you doing? Do you create characters and hope they will add free re-customize on WoD or you will wait until 6.0 to create your new characters and your level 90 boost?
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

I create new characters now and will create new ones when WoD will hit.

im waiting.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

I'd hardly say that face changes are a reason to put off playing for half a year.

10+ Year Old Account
    get your boas and get to 90 thats all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Currently levelling my neglected ones while waiting.

Hit the 30th lvl 90 ^^ A Disc Priest, so having a little fun while levelling another alt on and off
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Durantye View Post
    I'd hardly say that face changes are a reason to put off playing for half a year.
    recustomization is expensive.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Boosted a Draenei Female Paladin, been meaning to actually have an Alliance toon and a Paladin at max, so this worked.

Quote Originally Posted by Durantye View Post
    But the only reason I am thinking to play right now is to have some more classes ready (90) for WoD...I just want to be able to chose those race/class when I have all the options on the table(updated characters). If Blizzard promise a free re-customize for existing toons I will jump in and start leveling now
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    There is very little reason to boost a character now.
    But it's free?

Ill keep the boost for WoD, see what class seems nice/op and then boost it.

Keeping mine until beta is done, maybe even until progress has started in T17. Depending on what's actually performing well or what my guild is in need for, just gonna keep it until that happens I think. Atm for instance we're lacking MW monks and Resto druids.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

I'm holding off on my last slot for a female Gnome Rogue that'll be boosted when the new models are out.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Hit the 30th lvl 90 ^^ A Disc Priest, so having a little fun while levelling another alt on and off
    Look, I know you seem to be enjoying that but the very thought of leveling my "31st 90" subconsciously got "Mad World" to start playing in my head. Like, straight-up the instrumental beginning.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    I'm holding off on my last slot for a female Gnome Rogue that'll be boosted when the new models are out.
    On the flip note, finally pre-ordered WoD last night and boosted a male gnome rogue. It really depends overall, if they've already shown the model and you like it, not much harm in it, otherwise, if you want to see the rest wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    On the flip note, finally pre-ordered WoD last night and boosted a male gnome rogue. It really depends overall, if they've already shown the model and you like it, not much harm in it, otherwise, if you want to see the rest wait.
    I'm holding out hope that the "same face" thing will be dealt with. In that case I'd rather pick the specific one I like best when it's available. There's still room for a curveball, so I can wait.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Deleted
    I have the exact same dilema actually. What if I pick a face that I don't like the way it will be converted into HD.

I keep checking for updates or videos to estimate what the changes will look like and will go from there. It would be pretty amazing if I could find a reference on how the changes will look depending on some of the faces, eye colors and skintones.

I was going to wait, but then I realized that Druid T15 LFR version would be gone forever, and that is probably my favorite armor set in the whole game, and now I'm leveling a druid solely for it.

But otherwise, I would definitely wait.

for me its more of waiting for server to be connected to another one.
    though looks like my horde server will be connected but my alliance server will be ignored.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tirilka View Post
    I was going to wait, but then I realized that Druid T15 LFR version would be gone forever, and that is probably my favorite armor set in the whole game, and now I'm leveling a druid solely for it.

But otherwise, I would definitely wait.
    isnt the T15 set the stupid looking tree set?
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    Look, I know you seem to be enjoying that but the very thought of leveling my "31st 90" subconsciously got "Mad World" to start playing in my head. Like, straight-up the instrumental beginning.
    Yeah more than one of each class, maybe excluding some for opposite faction, just feels weird to me. Quality > quantity.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

I boosted my mage right away with the expectation that I won't be playing my priest anymore (tired of shadow being jerked around). I'm not worried about the re-customization, really. I want to be good at my class before launch, and the adjustment to using fewer buttons and not having to snapshot DoT abilities will be an easy one.