Poll: Do you think Warlords of Draenor is worth your money?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I'm pretty pumped for this xpac. Making Mythic raids 20 man means they can expect you to have at least one of every class. They can't start using mechanics that require a specific class to handle again. We can see a return to mind control and enslaves. Very cool future for raiding.

I think I lost a couple of IQ points reading through the thread, public schools just aren't what they used to be I guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    Never figured it's gonna be a whine thread, really creative.

Vanilla player here, unsubbed but coming back for this.
    I have asked 11 of my old wow friends so far (most of them vanilla) and 7 of them are going to resub. 1 ponders quitting over Mystic mode change (doesn't like 20mans).
    OP is likely the minority.
    Well yeah..its true. We are rare . Also your friends probaly didnt play it since the start. So......it doesnt realy count. (wow didnt start with 12 milion players at start dont forget that)

But from biznis standpoint is like this:
    A consumer is playing a game for a very long time and its very loyal. But then it gets hit by 2 bad expansions. Then they ask you if you will buy a new game. If you think the quality is gona be as bad as last 2....you probaly wont go for it.
    The donkey goes on ice only once...but i was a donkey who went 2 times .

Quality over quantity. Rember this!
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Quit in Cata. Still in the "wait and see mode." WoD has potential, but the lack of new features might be what prevents me from buying it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gsara View Post
    I think I lost a couple of IQ points reading through the thread, public schools just aren't what they used to be I guess.
    Based on your comma splice, I agree.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    Caverns of time was a way to review old stories for people who didn't play WC3, it did only one story that was prior, the story of Thrall, which was just prior to WC3. As for Hyali, I assume you mean Mount Hyjal Raid in CoT, the answer is NO. Draenor is prior to Hyjal, they are going to a time before WC1. So far the whole story of WOW is a story of Draenor and Azeroth, Draenor the savage world of Orcs, and Azeroth the world of Humans. they developed a bunch of things for the story as they continued the story, so going to a time before WarCraft and visiting the roots of the story is a good thing. I am sure you have no Idea who Ner'zhul is, or why he is important. I am sure you never met 'The Black Hand', these are characters from the Original two games that drove the story, and it will be nice to face them finally in WOW.
    Eh wanted to say Well of Eternity.

And marc 7. I did had to read all the lore on wowiki and other sites to even understand wtf is going on. Some quests are just lorewise horible.
    I stil dont get it why we are killing ordos? Its just some cow in flames droping epics... get it?

Well I know some, or even a lot of people that will vote on this are probably not "vanilla/classic" players. I played classic(maybe a few hours a week?) I didn't really start really getting into/playing ALOT till BC. With that being said, I have only canceled my sub two times, once at the beginning on MoP, and again a few months ago. I do plan on buying WOD, and I entend to play at a "hard core" level. 20man for the new heroic looks amazing for me, never really liked having to deal with 25 people, and 10man was just WAY to boring(from a social pov)to me.

Who knows tho, I could up and quit right after WOD launch.

But yes, it is worth my money.

Quote Originally Posted by Descense View Post
    IF YOU ARE NOT A VANILA PLAYER PLEASE DO NOT COMMENT IN THIS TREAD. THIS IS A RULE OR THIS TREAD IS POINTLESS. DO NOT TOUCH THE POLL EITHER!

Ok as you may know the new expansion is coming out soon. Do you think its worth our money or its just another moneygrab?

So far i have only seen changes to worse and a huge moneygrab (i look at you new models). The expansion fells to me like it was made from same guy who was in the toilet and got the idea for eye of storm battleground.
    But let me tell you that i pretty much never quit any new wow patch. I was subbed to wow like 95% of the time. The only time i stoped my sub is when cata got delayed for pandaria. Yeh that raid was not worth the money......

But no more! I just got sick of that. I have given blizzard a chance to make a game better, but every patch is just geting worse. (its killing guilds and community)
    Raids are total meh..... (kill adds 98%), the time spend to get 1 item (or mount or title) is increased by a little too much, the legendary prince quest was a total s*** and i was expecting a burning legion expansion when i have seen a planet geting assaulted (on legendary chain).

Vanila, tbc and woltk were great (ok not the toc.. but icc was great), cata was a total meh and reharsh (killing this damn dragon for 2nd time) not to say they cut out a lot of stuff that would be great (that undeadwater raid). But pandaria...was a total waste of time for me...... i realy dont know why i was keeping to play it over the all patches (ok maybe because of guild..but not even that any more, its dying). Do that daily for 30 days, collect 6000 valors, do a very bad bosses (and i mean very bad made compared to old ones) over and over and over, not to say that grid charms to even have a chance on loot. (i end up with 3500 of them)

Well the *sheep* players dont care how betrayed us vannila players fell. To them everything fells new, to us its just a sh**** reharsh. I MEAN COMMON--- OUTLAND AGAIN?????? What the hell they were thinking? To me it fells like they are not even trying any more and just milking the money.
    Lore makes zero sense. Burdens of shaohao was a total....meh. (he turns into some light fog something)
    And this is one the reasons i am quiting wow as soon as my sub runs out. (planing to make something for the end) FOR GOOD!
    ....and i will start fresh in another mmo that is coming soon. (get the soon joke?)

Hm you are maybe asking yourself, why didnt you name it a big whine tread. Well the deal is...i want too see how you fell too.
    Please keep out the blizzcon if you can. (we got other treads for that)

Poll coing up soon.
    Your post makes no sense in so many places. Pointless bashing of content doesn't make you seem intelligent. "The expansion fells to me like it was made from same guy who was in the toilet and got the idea for eye of storm battleground." Really?

And did you say the raid encounters in this expansion are worse than vanilla? I have no idea what you're smoking, but stop. And don't go around thinking you speak for vanilla players. I have played this game continuously since vanilla and the upcoming expansion will give a massive new leash of life to the game. Going back to a single raid size at the highest level will staunch the bleeding that raid guilds have suffered through since Cataclysm.

And if you think Draenor is Outland rehashed, then you weren't paying attention.

You use terms like "we" and "us," but I assure you that even though the small the minority that might agree would not want you speaking on their behalf.

Back on point: I was subbed from original launch through a couple of months into Mists, but I did cancel my sub then. I will be resubbing and buying the expansion when it comes out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gurushockin View Post
    Well I know some, or even a lot of people that will vote on this are probably not "vanilla/classic" players. I played classic(maybe a few hours a week?) I didn't really start really getting into/playing ALOT till BC. With that being said, I have only canceled my sub two times, once at the beginning on MoP, and again a few months ago. I do plan on buying WOD, and I entend to play at a "hard core" level. 20man for the new heroic looks amazing for me, never really liked having to deal with 25 people, and 10man was just WAY to boring(from a social pov)to me.

Who knows tho, I could up and quit right after WOD launch.

But yes, it is worth my money.
    Yeah dont worry.. i can see posters. And there are a lot of fanboys with 10-100 pots posting. So the poll has already been infected by a zerg virus .

And yeah you are right. Maybe heroic will not be for you. But i would wait buying it (if i were you) so you can see some beta continent and then go for it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Descense View Post
    Yeah dont worry.. i can see posters. And there are a lot of fanboys with 10-100 pots posting. So the poll has already been infected by a zerg virus .

And yeah you are right. Maybe heroic will not be for you. But i would wait buying it (if i were you) so you can see some beta continent and then go for it or not.
    So those that don't agree with you are wrong and/or "fanboys". Get the hell out, you are the kind of person who thinks his opinion is the right one and anyone who thinks the expansion is good is blind and a Blizz fanboy. Hope you unsub, good riddance.

The Poll choices are not the most clear.

Anyway, I've played Warcraft since Orcs and Humans. I started raiding Molten Core since before I had a driver's license. I killed some bosses in Naxx and raided in each expansion. In WOTLK my guild became a strict 10 man and downed TOC for mounts and completed all but LK on heroic in ICC.

I stayed in Cata and was greatly hurt by the deletion of Vanilla content. I stuck through the expansion to see the remaining zones added (twilight highlands, Gilneas, etc). I've been greatly disenfranchised by a game that puts a great deal of content in alternate media. I also greatly dislike the story choices, primarily what the Alliance does or doesn't do, although if I were on the Horde I couldn't be more irritated with the portrayal of my past two warchiefs in cata and mop. I unsubbed late in cata after seeing Deathwing die. It was the death of another aspect and brought about the end of the aspects' powers. I couldn't get behind the game anymore.

I was looking to hopefully rejoin with WoD (or this expansion whatever it may have been), but all I see is more Horde lore and more warcraft heroes becoming raid fodder instead of key players. Draenei on the Alliance don't really appeal to me (they seem much too technically advanced for Draenor) and I have always regretted BE on the Horde and Worgen on the Alliance. I have been very disappointed that since TBC we haven't see Turalyon or Alleria, Trollbane hasn't rebuilt Stromgarde (infact the prince went Forsaken), and now Gilneas is lost. Kul'Tiras hasn't been implemented and they bombed Theramore. I just don't see what WoD is going to offer me from a storyline point of view.

Super excited for Warlords of Draenor, will definitely be buying and keeping my sub up.

I always laugh at polls on this site. 95% of them have weird and poorly written choices. I am going to buy the new expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Played since vanilla but I quit a month prior to 4.3... my whole experience with cata was half assed though, i never really did anything, I was just trying to find a way to enjoy the game again, but it changed too much for me to enjoy it.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Deleted
    Even though i'm not super hyped, i bought every xpac so far, so i guess i'll just buy WoD as well ^^

I started playing 5 months after WoW launched and i've been playing ever since with only one break which only happened because my graphics card burned out and it took me ages to find a replacement as my order kept being delayed.

Deleted
    Of course I'll buy it, just like I bought every xpac so far.
    Sure, there are things that got worse since Vanilla...but there are also a lot of things (a lot MORE things) that got better in my opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nivis View Post
    Of course I'll buy it, just like I bought every xpac so far.
    Sure, there are things that got worse since Vanilla...but there are also a lot of things (a lot MORE things) that got better in my opinion.
    Mind naming all + and - ? If i went into detail for every plus and minus it would take me 9 pages of text.

I love these polls where the OP expects at least a majority vote in their favor and then loses in a landslide.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Les Grossman View Post
    Your grammar/punctuation makes this almost un-readable.

Played since Vanilla, took most of MoP off, and I don't feel betrayed. Not what I was hoping for in terms of THEME, but they are delivering the model updates, item squish, and account-wide heirlooms that I have been hoping for.
    I was actually waiting for the grammar police to show up, feel very proud of yourself!

Do not spend too much time on my post, you have plenty more posts to point out spelling mistakes!
    Last edited by mmoc3728ee3fab; 2013-11-10 at 10:09 PM.