1. #1

    Few questions which I can't find answer for.

    1. Most important question: At what stage can I boost my character up to 90 lvl? On the release of the expansion or 6.0? Or maybe when I attach expansion to my account? I would love to get it at least few hours before the launch so I can get it ready for leveling (pots, flasks, food, bags etc.)
    2. Will all 8 basic races will have their model updated @ 6.0 (I think yes, but just making sure)
    3. Blizzard said they will balance the racials. Anyone has more info about it? I'd like to know if they will make them balanced over dps or maybe over all roles (e.g orcs' racial is awesome for pet dps classes, but it isn't that great for tanks whereas tauren racial is really good for tanks but isn't for dps).
    EDIT:
    4. Oh and another question, not really THAT much WoD related: I remember back in the day there was this philosophy: "pure dps classes should do more damage than hybrid classes", is this still something blizz aims for? Have they talked about it recently? Are they planning on holding onto it through WoD expansion?
    Last edited by Sephrie; 2013-11-18 at 12:16 PM.

  2. #2
    1. no detailed information known, as far as I know
    2. very unlikely. They are not sure if all the models will be finished by the time of the release of WoD.
    3. The will alter the current hit/expertise racials and will look at some numbers for the other racials, but don't expect a major overhaul

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Sephrie View Post
    4. Oh and another question, not really THAT much WoD related: I remember back in the day there was this philosophy: "pure dps classes should do more damage than hybrid classes", is this still something blizz aims for? Have they talked about it recently? Are they planning on holding onto it through WoD expansion?
    They have been against this since Wrath, when they adopted the "bring the player, not the class" design.
    Q: Where the fuck is Xia Xia, SIU?!?!
    A1: She needs to start making eggs for Easter...
    A2: Drunk and sleeping somewhere.

  4. #4
    i might add to number 1, they did say you had to purchase Warlords in order to get the 90 boost, so usually that means not until the point where your key you buy geta registered id say
    I see Stupid people!

  5. #5
    Okay, thank you guys

  6. #6
    1. No information I think
    2. Very unlikely, they aim to have them all done (+Draenei&BE) during the expansion
    3. They said "dont expect too much, but we will try to tone down the "must haves" and have to change all the EXP/Hit ones anyways

    4. GC said, that it was a mistake to ever give out information on their philosophy about it, because it just caused endless threads about promises and unhapyness and people. So they will probably not talk about it again and just try to balance around some formula unknow to us (seems to include warlocks being OP! )
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

  7. #7
    Brewmaster The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Karnum's Glade
    Posts
    1,259
    The idea for updated character models is that we're apparently getting some of them at the start of the expansion, and others are probably released through patches later on. And didn't they say they'd add them to all the other NPCs in the world of Azeroth and beyond, too?Wouldn't it be weird to have our characters look awesome, and, say, dwarves in Khaz Modan all look outdated?
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

  8. #8
    I could be completely wrong, but what if Blizzard is trying to make some of the less popular races more popular by releasing their new character models before the release it for things like Humans and night elf, which are some of the most played races in the game. They couldn't really hide the new Orc model since they had already shown Garrosh. But then again, they haven't shown the new troll skins even though they have given Vol'Jin a new model.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by The Flavour Cat View Post
    The idea for updated character models is that we're apparently getting some of them at the start of the expansion, and others are probably released through patches later on. And didn't they say they'd add them to all the other NPCs in the world of Azeroth and beyond, too?Wouldn't it be weird to have our characters look awesome, and, say, dwarves in Khaz Modan all look outdated?
    Source on this? Never heard it mentioned like that at a panel so it sounds like you're being pessimistic for no reason. There's not much point to buy a half-baked xpac.

  10. #10
    The Insane Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Hitbox & Youtube
    Posts
    19,736
    Quote Originally Posted by Sephrie View Post
    1. Most important question: At what stage can I boost my character up to 90 lvl? On the release of the expansion or 6.0? Or maybe when I attach expansion to my account? I would love to get it at least few hours before the launch so I can get it ready for leveling (pots, flasks, food, bags etc.)
    2. Will all 8 basic races will have their model updated @ 6.0 (I think yes, but just making sure)
    3. Blizzard said they will balance the racials. Anyone has more info about it? I'd like to know if they will make them balanced over dps or maybe over all roles (e.g orcs' racial is awesome for pet dps classes, but it isn't that great for tanks whereas tauren racial is really good for tanks but isn't for dps).
    EDIT:
    4. Oh and another question, not really THAT much WoD related: I remember back in the day there was this philosophy: "pure dps classes should do more damage than hybrid classes", is this still something blizz aims for? Have they talked about it recently? Are they planning on holding onto it through WoD expansion?
    1. They said you have to own WoD, so chances are as soon as you attach the expansion to your account (release day).

    2. Sounds like that's their goal, at the very least I'd say expect 6 to be ready.

    3. They have to junk and rebuild racials that were based around the now-removed hit/expertise. Beyond that they said not to expect any major changes, just a dusting of the numbers.

    4. They've said in interviews before that they feel like that makes hybrids less desirable. I'd say if pures deal more damage, it's only slightly so.
    You don't create "justice" by destroying. That includes buildings, cars, or the careers of the people you want "justice" for.


  11. #11
    1. Not sure, but you can buy flasks etc on your main and send it to your alt. It's just that he levels up instantly.
    2. That's the intent
    3. They won't be perfectly balanced, but they'll be looked at. Don't expect too much.
    4. They try to bring the dps specs as close to each other as possible. (I think that answers the question)

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Notos View Post
    They have been against this since Wrath, when they adopted the "bring the player, not the class" design.
    And yet they said they're trying to design raids around the idea of class diversity, whereas "a priest might have to MC something". Hmmmmmmmmmmm...I mean, the chances of having 1 of each class are rather good, but some people don't. I'm okay with a mechanic like this though, because forcing players to adapt is always nice.

  13. #13
    High Overlord Gamelol's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    174
    1. as everyone said: you get the boost when you buy WoD. Though, as no one else has mentioned: They also said when you get your boost they will fix your inventory, maybe some bags, food, loads of space for crap and you'll get appropriate gear so that you can start lvl right away. They also said/wrote new boosted players will get their own starting eria like the DK's got. So dont you worry abt having to prepare yourself, Illedan is dead so you are apperantly prepared for anything :P

    2. all original 8 models will have new model, so will draenei and blood elf too. They will get updated on the WoD site for sow untill they are released. It is not yet mentioned if they are gonna release them together or whenever they get finished. There is no mention on beta or anything yet for release so it's hard to say if they are gonna be all ready for 6.0. Worgen and Goblin will get looked at when they are finished with all the other ones.

    3. They said they will take advatage of that they need to edit some of the racials since some of the stats are gone. I haven't heard/seen much more.
    4. I have no clue

  14. #14
    The Insane Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Hitbox & Youtube
    Posts
    19,736
    Quote Originally Posted by WorldofWorkcraft View Post
    And yet they said they're trying to design raids around the idea of class diversity, whereas "a priest might have to MC something". Hmmmmmmmmmmm...I mean, the chances of having 1 of each class are rather good, but some people don't. I'm okay with a mechanic like this though, because forcing players to adapt is always nice.
    Well with flex that becomes easier to assume. Instead of having to give 5 classes a MC, they can probably assume 75% of guilds can locate a priest.
    You don't create "justice" by destroying. That includes buildings, cars, or the careers of the people you want "justice" for.


  15. #15
    The Patient Rokzum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    229
    Quote Originally Posted by JustStampi View Post
    2. very unlikely. They are not sure if all the models will be finished by the time of the release of WoD.
    Man seriously? A feature of the next Xpac and it wont even be ready?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •