Poll: How did Blizzcon 2013 relate to your expectations?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Question Do you think Blizzcon 2013 was worth the 2-year wait?

Did it live up to your expectations? As someone who generally doesn't care much about Starcraft or Hearthstone, this year felt pretty gutted compared to previous Blizzcons. The Q & A sessions in particular felt rushed and you could barely hear what the fans were asking; it was in a boring, sterile room as opposed to a big hall that the MoP questions took place in. Just didn't feel very energetic.

As for WoD, my initial reaction was extremely negative since I'm sick of Orcs, but once they revealed updated models, account-wide heirlooms, and item squish, I was sold. WoD is carving away the unnecessary (ie: obligatory hit/exp caps).

By trimming stats and condensing raid modes, they are making things easier to balance. By making things easier to balance, they can focus more on creating new content as a opposed to tweaking numbers all the time. I would rather have fresh content come out quicker than having 9 different versions of one piece of gear to balance and gigantic numbers that mean nothing flying across my screen.

Overall, Blizzcon itself felt a little rushed this year, but I'm fairly excited for WoD in retrospect and the steps it is taking to allow the devs to put out. Hopefully future patches give the Draenei a bit more of the spotlight (referring to trailer). Diablo III I think I will make the switch to consoles once I get a PS4 (I've heard the console versions make it much better and the expansion is getting some console-exclusive content). Heroes of the Storm looks cool but I can't get into MOBAs; I might spectate though. The Warcraft movie doesn't excite me yet; the concepts look pretty but for me the dealbreaker will be which characters are in it. If it's about Thrall I'll pass on it.

Honestly my main interested in Blizzcon was the new WoW expansion, and while I am excited about some aspects of WoD, I think overall they didn't offer as many details as they have in the past with Cataclysm and MoP.

Second of all, the Warcraft movie. The had an hour panel in which all they mentioned were 4 locations and 2 characters. They start shooting in 2 months yet they didn't mention any actors. The information they disclosed was abysmal, and the fact that they displayed a teaser at ComicCon but nothing at Blizzcon was mindboggling.

No mention whatsoever about Project Titan.

They did go into details about the D3 expansion, they talked about Heroes of the Storm which was awesome. But for a WoW fan, I think this Blizzcon left us wanting more.

The announcement of the new expansion was the only highlight of the show but even that felt a little subdued without a cgi trailer or some more info. It kinda felt like when they announced Cataclysm in 2009 then had Blizzcon 2010 with nothing new to show.

Plus they need to do away with guest bands. I'm a fan of Blink-182 and previous bands that played but not everyone is or will be and people are not at Blizzcon to see such acts. I understand wanting to entertain the people but they are there for the games and the time and resources spent on setting up the closing ceremonies could of went to better panels.
    Last edited by Alphard; 2013-11-10 at 09:48 PM.

Loved it, so many panels, Hearthstone and Heroes of the Storm being new, just felt like there was so much information to gather, so much to watch.

The WoW art panel as always was amazing, getting to see how excited the guys that are making the Movie are about Warcraft was fantastic, gives me faith in the end result.

The expack announcement was super exciting, but the best part for me was the Inventory news haha.

Hearthstone tournie was the icing on the cake, cannot wait to see more of that!

Overall I had a fab weekend, and they put on a great show, with lots of info. Feel sad it's over for this year, and very much looking forward to next one

iam quite pleased by heroes of the storm. I didnt know what it would be like and i liked what i saw

I felt like I didn't get much important information

Quote Originally Posted by The Glitch View Post
    Loved it, so many panels, Hearthstone and Heroes of the Storm being new, just felt like there was so much information to gather, so much to watch.

The WoW art panel as always was amazing, getting to see how excited the guys that are making the Movie are about Warcraft was fantastic, gives me faith in the end result.

The expack announcement was super exciting, but the best part for me was the Inventory news haha.

Overall I had a fab weekend, and they put on a great show, with lots of info. Feel sad it's over for this year, and very much looking forward to next one
    Aaaah, positivity <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomatketchup View Post
    Why yes, Blizz sure is a bunch of happy fellas!

Deleted
    Disappointed. They really should have showed us more than one dungeon. while they spent SO LONG on garrisons; garrisons are cool and all but I care much more about lore but they spent so much time jizzing over garrisons. I really hope they are planning on releasing more videos over the year because Blizzcon felt very lackluster. Still don't know much about the lore of the xpac.

Definitely exceeded my expectations. Probably the best BlizzCon I've witnessed out of the 4 I've been around for.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glitch View Post

<3 I'm so enthusiastic about Blizzcon and even more about the fact that I'm not alone in this

Amazing, I'm so happy for 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Definitely exceeded my expectations. Probably the best BlizzCon I've witnessed out of the 4 I've been around for.
    My first Blizzcon, but it could've been 3 times more expensive, yet still worth it.

Been to Gamescom this year - incomparable, even though it's supposed to be bigger and way more universal. Blizzard atmosphere is just unbeatable <3

1. Warcraft Movie - I was hoping for more information. Maybe some casting tips or at least a bit moreinto the story. I don't know why they were reluctant to reveal more information about it. It's not like anything competes with a movie.

2. WoD - I was hoping they would be further along with development. Unfortunately, it looks like theres still 6 months + till launch

3. HoTS - I was impressed. Looks fresh and interesting. Artwork is amazing.

4. HS - I enjoy playing hearthstone, but we didn't get much insight on the future of the game. It was just kind of background information. I want to hear more about expansion packs, themed sets, more modes, etc.

Overall I was just kind of meh.

10+ Year Old Account
    I absolutely loved it. I always wish there was more, but all-in-all, there were more games this year than any other year. A kick-ass WoW expansion, Heroes of the Storm cinematic and actual gameplay, Reaper of Souls, Hearthstone, actual information about the Warcraft movie...

I think to fully enjoy Blizzcon, you have to be at least semi-interested in all Blizzard universes. As most of you, I'm primarily interested in WoW, but I thoroughly enjoy all their other games and could easily enjoy sitting through a, say, D3 panel, even though I think it's their weakest title currently.

Deleted
    I am very happy about Blizzcon, WoD expansion with all the features, Heroes of the Storm, Diablo 3 expansion looks great and the Warcraft movie!

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm kinda disappointed that I bought the virtual ticket, I really only watched about 4 hours of stuff.
    I'm just here to complain, if I'm being honest

Enjoyed it but picked the wrong poll option, oops :P

First time I bought virtual ticket, happy I did it brought 2 days of entertainment and I plan to view more archived content over next few days

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rixark View Post
    I'm kinda disappointed that I bought the virtual ticket, I really only watched about 4 hours of stuff.
    Did the rest not appeal to you or whatever? You can watch back most stuff.
    Heck, I never cared much for the contests, but I watched this years costume contest and the like.

Myself, I loved the HS tourney, the WoW panels I've seen (not all, I'll admit that), the Heroes of the Storm stuff (never played LoL or DoTA as it never appealed to me before). Also really loved teh movie panel, but I expected they couldn't tell much.
    However, I was dissappointed in the fact they didnt show anything like they did at GamesCon.... I really thought they would.

Gonna watch some more in the upcoming week as I didn't have time to watch EVERYTHING.

I didn't pay for a virtual ticket and I'm glad I didn't since there was nothing about Legacy of the Void.

Quote Originally Posted by Oddophile View Post
    Aaaah, positivity <3
    I know, it's hard sometimes, when you see the thread titles on these forums But I don't care! I loved Blizzcon and will shout it out to the world! hehe.

Quote Originally Posted by Spray View Post
    <3 I'm so enthusiastic about Blizzcon and even more about the fact that I'm not alone in this

Amazing, I'm so happy for 2014
    Every Blizzcon in the past has been fab, but I felt this year with Hearthstone and Heroes of the Storm being there, it just added so much more to the convention. I think this year has been my favourite so far, I couldn't keep up with everything haha, I am very much looking forward to everything they announced Was worth the gap year for sure

Got lots of information that I wanted and some that I didn't know to expect plus I had tons of fun watching the panels so yeah it was worth the wait.

Every year I expect it to get better and better, and this year just wasn't up to the year when MoP was announced. Was it bad? Definitely not at all. Did it meet my expectations? No.

Besides, I don't care for Hearthstone - AT ALL - so that's something they spent a lot of time on that did nothing for me (but of course that's more of a my problem than a their problem).
    Last edited by lopk; 2013-11-10 at 11:59 PM.