Poll: Will you buy yourself level 90s?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    /waterwhitegoddamnright.jpg

tldr yes so i can level and play with friends on other servers
    Chaos! Madness! Like a hug for your brain!¯\(°_o)/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    People doing below 200k dps? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Why? Why should content be gated behind skill?
    14/14h and finally done

Already have all 11 classes at 90. So no I won't be buying one.

And even if I didn't have all of them maxed I probably still wouldn't pay.
    Only the dead have seen the end of war. - George Santayana
    Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it. - George Santayana

Nope, I like leveling my toons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Right, I'm totally paying money while paying a subscription fee so I don't have to play the game I'm paying said subscription fee for. Makes perfect sense. I voted no, obviously.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope, I love leveling. I typically get really annoyed right before 58, then right before 68, then around 79, 85, and 88. But the overall experience is such a huge part of the game, I would never pay to skip it. Personally end game is just a tiny portion of WoW, I don't want to rush all the way through.

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinChan View Post
    Considered it, but right now they said the only way to get multiple instant 90's would be to buy the game over again on your own account and transfer them to your main one.
    Because that way, they will get more money (unless they have a cheaper price at their store if they ever come up with it).

10+ Year Old Account
    The plan is already to see which class I don't end up leveling to 90 by the time this releases.

10+ Year Old Account
    With RAF up to level 85 I don't really see the point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope, I have all the characters I need except a Shaman, but we'll be getting a free 90 with WoD. Even though I support this move by Blizzard, it just doesn't interest me currently.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    If this is in reference to the one time boost you get to one character to 90 by purchasing WoD, then yes. I plan to do that with a Draenei so I can play the storyline from both ends. If they were to offer an option through the Acct Manager, (not sure why they would do this since they want people to actually level characters through the zones they revamped 2 xpacs ago) that answer would be a no. I really like leveling characters, and it is going to be so much easier to do so since we are actually going to have access to heirloom on other servers. I plan on having a full load of characters on 2 more servers to play on.

I play Horde and always will, but this xpac is going to dive more into the Draenei as well. I want to experience that lore without having to go through all the low level Alliance zones, I just really do not find the questing zones that interesting. I had a level 80 dwarf hunter back in wrath, but delete it before cata. Now they are going to offer a onetime boost, which will be cool to just start right in on the storyline at 90. Since there is hardly any Alliance on my heavy horde server it will be much easier to level to 100 for the first week on that side.

I stopped raiding at the end of cata to spend more time with my wife and kids. Doing this allowed me to see the game from a different light of questing and exploring for fun, instead of just rushing to cap and running end content. I find doing that way more fun now than raiding, it is also way more relaxing as well. I like doing the lfr, but I don't do it every week and I don't feel like I have too. Some of the gear is fine for transmog and useful to help fight the higher level mobs in the world much easier, but it serves little other purpose for me.

I like interact in the world and with the people in it. I loved to explore the world and the game from that standpoint is only getting better. I am not one of those people that just sits in a major city to wait on a queue to pop. Screw that, what the point when there is so much more out in the world to do.

probably about $100 for a new account up to WoD + xfer - vs 25-30 hours work?

I have one of everything at 80-90, but I would have done this happily enough :P

Depends on the cost. If it's $10, hell yeah. If it's 25$, ehhhh maybe not.

Edit: I guess on second thought it would be kinda silly for me. I've got every class to 80+, so I'm not sure paying to have them level me 5 or 6 or 7 levels will be worth much.
    Last edited by Varabently; 2013-11-11 at 02:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shibuya View Post
    It's going to be a botters paradise. Buy a fresh account - instant 90 to bot on.

Blizzard will make so much money from ban waves.
    I think that is the idea.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
    That awkward moment moment when some one calls people stupid without reading the front page of mmo champ...
    Yea, this is what it says "You can technically buy as many level 90s as you want if you buy another copy of the game, get the level 90, and then transfer the character to your main account each time. The team has talked about putting a level 90 purchase option in the store, but it hasn't been decided yet."

You still have to buy multiple copies with separate accounts, it's not like you buy it through the Account Manager on Battle. net and boost all characters on a given server. "The team has talked about putting a level 90 purchase option in the store, but it hasn't" means just that right at the moment. So jumping the gun and say you can just buy a 90, like off of ebay or something. Just because MMO-Champion says "You can technically buy as many level 90s as you want" does not mean this a direct quote from Blizzard.

All the simply stated over the day and half is "When you buy the expansion to get to boost and older character or a new one to 90" that is it. MMO-Champion might refine there statement and actually put in place what Blizzard actually stated. Because the statement they have here is a bit misleading, hence for the reason for this thread and poll.

Also I am sure there will be some constraints put into place before we even get to launch. Matter of fact they could pull the plug on the whole idea, if it get completely out of hand.
    Last edited by Apexis; 2013-11-11 at 03:11 AM.

no i would rather play the game

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varabently View Post
    Depends on the cost. If it's $10, hell yeah. If it's 25$, ehhhh maybe not.

Edit: I guess on second thought it would be kinda silly for me. I've got every class to 80+, so I'm not sure paying to have them level me 5 or 6 or 7 levels will be worth much.
    I am sure if they ever offer the option through Battle net, you are going to have to pay way more than $25 for it. that is a lot of questing zone you are not going through for days, weeks, or months at a time.

10+ Year Old Account
    I already have every class at 90 currently, with the exception of my 80 Monk, who I am not leveling until he gets Herald of Titans done, so buying a 90 with the new RaF Mount coming out, and also a Free Boost to 90 with WoD, I doubt I would.

RaF, is fast and easy and awards a mount/FoS. So once the new RaF opens up I will be most likely leveling 2-3 more toons on Alliance just because I have no Alliance toons right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends on the cost... I've got every class sitting at 80-85 atm, except for my main and 3 regular alts. But I just hate doing the MoP lvling grind.

Quote Originally Posted by Shibuya View Post
    It's going to be a botters paradise. Buy a fresh account - instant 90 to bot on.

Blizzard will make so much money from ban waves.
    Yeah, the greedyness from blizzard has reached new limits. This is pure p2w unarguably.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unlikely, but it would depend on price. I'd say $5 or lower, I'd probably just say to hell with it and buy it. More than that, I'll just level through regularly. If they do make 90s purchasable, I imagine the price would be somewhere between $10-25, so probably not buying.