Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Heroes of the Storm is a different game from League of Legends. Fanbase won't correlate (fans of blizzard games won't instantly drop off LoL and run into HotS hype wagon).

But you have a good point, longer Blizzard delay HotS release (well, delay is not a right term, they can't release unfinished and untested product), more people will spend money on LoL (and if you spend money on online game, you get "hey, i spend money on skin for this champ, i need to play it" attitude, and some people won't even consider switching to it).

But it can backfire, because more time spend on LoL matchmaking, more bullshit you are going to meet and less attractive LoL soloq will be for you.

After all, these two games are too different, and playing games is not binary function (why not play both games?).

On beta, i hope they will make it like heartstone , you won't be really concerned about release of the game.
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2013-12-16 at 05:56 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Heroes of the Storm is a different game from League of Legends. Fanbase won't correlate (fans of blizzard games won't instantly drop off LoL and run into HotS hype wagon).

But you have a good point, longer Blizzard delay HotS release (well, delay is not a right term, they can't release unfinished and untested product), more people will spend money on LoL (and if you spend money on online game, you get "hey, i spend money on skin for this champ, i need to play it" attitude, and some people won't even consider switching to it).

But it can backfire, because more time spend on LoL matchmaking, more bullshit you are going to meet and less attractive LoL soloq will be for you.

After all, these two games are too different, and playing games is not binary function (why not play both games?).

On beta, i hope they will make it like heartstone , you won't be really concerned about release of the game.
    Mmm, I am convinced that LOL is a much overrated game in player numbers. Certainly in the west. Its popularity merely comes from Xfire charts where it reached number one position after WOW a few years ago...

But ... very few people know that the same (Chinese) group who owns LOL also bought Xfire 2 years ago. So I wonder where they get the stats from.

It is enough to put up a copy of LoL Xfire on every Chinese/Korean public internet cafe to up these LOL sessions with ease.

It always susprises me that I know very FEW people who actually play LOL as much as say COD or CS. And to have 5 times the activity you would think LOL players would be met everywhere on every corner of the street.

The fact DOTA2 doesn't climb above position 5 on these Xfire stats is also very questionable as I have the impression that this Steam product gets played more around my friends than LOL is.

So the bubble to burst LOL is not that huge actually. Numbers spread by the Publisher are also meaningless as they aren't backed up by a stock rated company (like EA and ATVI) and can not even be checked or controlled financially (same as these laughable numbers of WoT and others).

Now I am NOT saying LOL has not a HUGE following. It simply is smaller than the makers want it to be believed.

What suprises me for instance that each time they do an international REAL LIFE gathering of LOL players , they show up with around 6-8K players, that's not even half of a BlizzCon event with an entry price of 175 dollars ...

So my bet is that HOTS will be the number one DOTA-like game. Because of:

Blizzard and free to play.
    Better engine.
    Faster playing sessions.
    More casual orientated.

Certainly in the West.

The "when is it going to be published" is rather irrelevant as everyone will flock to the next free to play Blizzard game.

And once they have fun with it, they will play it. 2014 or 2015 or 2016.
    Last edited by BenBos; 2013-12-16 at 03:58 PM.