Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Is the item level on items squished as well? Because I saw a screenshot of a squished weapon that was 528 ilvl still. I'm guessing they just aren't done with it yet.
    Zhulrak
    Kil'jaeden-US

Quote Originally Posted by Zhulrak View Post
    Is the item level on items squished as well? Because I saw a screenshot of a squished weapon that was 528 ilvl still. I'm guessing they just aren't done with it yet.
    Ilvl was still 528 on the gear we had

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post
    They've said relative power will not change. If you kill Onyxia in five seconds, you'll kill her in five seconds post-squish as well. I am pretty sure that means they'll squash the older content as well.
    Level 80 content (Onyxia) will be squished less than level 90 players. Therefore GC's buff ('Level 90 chars get 10x stats in this instance') or some other kludge is needed to make up the difference.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ichifails View Post
    Please take your "probably" and "guess" on your way out of any threads regarding the ilvl squish. Your brain fails to comprehend the fact that everything is THE EXACT SAME THING only that the numbers you see are lower. You lost, deal with it. It didn't suddenly make everything un-soloable, it didn't make killing "old" stuff take 10 times longer.
    Saving for posterity.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroEdgeir View Post
    Target has 1,000,000 Health, you hit for 100,000. Dies in 10 hits.
    Target has 10,000 Health, you hit for 1,000. Dies in 10 hits.
    What is so difficult to understand, that all things are relative. Not just our numbers, but ALL numbers go down in equal, relative, amounts. The speed of which you kill something in 5.4 will be the speed you kill it in 6.0, with the exact same gear and such. Nothing there will change.
    Well, obviously you don't understand what the problem is. Please continue reducing the numbers in equal, relative amounts:
    Now a WOTLK mob has 10,000 health. If I continue your row the level 80 mob will have 100 health after the squish, that's about what a lvl 7 tirisfal bat has now. A BC mob now has ~1500 health, so after the squish he will have 15?
    Does that mean all mobs below level ~55 will have 1 HP?

So it can't be a linear factor as you simplified in your post. It's a complex calculation, and so the item squish will have influence on our ability to solo old content - nobody knows yet if it will get easier or harder in general, or that it just depends on the bosses. And yes, of course you will still be able to run through MC and AoE everything that moves, no doubt. The question are cutting-edge fights, like LK 25 HC. People did about 10,000 dps in ICC when it was current content, so following your logic people at 80 would do 100dps after the squish. That would be absurdly low, don't you agree? So lower levels need to be squished less than higher levels. That means if WOTLK content gets squished by a factor of 10, and MOP content gets squished by a factor of 100, in this example you will be 10 times weaker after the squish than you were before when entering with a level 90 char a level 80 raid.

I don't say I oppose the item squish if done right, but it is not as easy as you point it out to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Zhulrak View Post
    They said they are leaving iLvl the same, as it is what people use to judge relative gear quality.
    There's no need to reduce the iLvl numbers themselves, they just reduce how much the number affects the stats.

I feel like they aren't squishing things things enough. Won't we just be back at mop numbers in 2 expansions?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroEdgeir View Post
    Target has 1,000,000 Health, you hit for 100,000. Dies in 10 hits.
    Target has 10,000 Health, you hit for 1,000. Dies in 10 hits.

What is so difficult to understand, that all things are relative. Not just our numbers, but ALL numbers go down in equal, relative, amounts. The speed of which you kill something in 5.4 will be the speed you kill it in 6.0, with the exact same gear and such. Nothing there will change. Well, a little might change, given the removal of Hit/Expertise/Dodge/Parry, giving room for more other stats.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe cause they hadn't done all the old content rebalancing yet, who knows.
    You like to jump down peoples throats fast don't you, all he asked was how did it feel.

OT: I reckon it would feel like playing Wotlk again
    Last edited by mmocc7ae5c5557; 2013-11-12 at 09:40 PM.

As long it doesn't bother me soloing old content I'm content.

I don't think it'll be any different than any expansions to date.

Every expansion so far, we've had to resettle our standards for damage, healing and health values as they increased dramatically. This time we'll do the same but it's going to be smaller instead of bigger. Two weeks after 6.0 people won't even notice it.
    Shahaad , Kevkul
    <Magdalena's pet>

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drool View Post
    I just recently switched off my scrolling combat text. At times it feels a bit weird not seeing what i hit and for how much.
    But in a raid setting it is so much more enjoyable to see the important stuff instead of numbers flying around.

And for number crunching after the fight there is skada or wol and there the length of the numbers is totally irrelevant. Which in turn means, when they shrink down it will not matter in the same way.

It might feel a little weird at the start but we all will live with it and we will still have fun killing bad guys.
    Tell me about it. As a Guardian Druid with 80% static crit, shifting upwards to cap levels sometimes, I got a lot of big yellow numbers on my screen. Especially in AoE. Turned it off after a while.

I agree on it taking awhile to get used to..

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Like the Devs said:

If it takes you 5 seconds to kill ANY EVEN LEVEL MOB before squish it will take you 5 seconds to kill the same exact mob after squish.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sure it will take couple of days after it launches to get used to it but then it's going to rock and make things alot simplier.

OP asks how it feels, people tell him that mobs die just as fast. That's not a feeling, that's something that you see happening.
    OT: Nobody can tell you how you will experience the squish. Some people won't care at all while others will only get used to it after some weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    I don't think we'll be able to get a proper barometer of how it is until somebody does a side-by-side timed comparison of killing MC Rags and/or Voidreaver or another DPS race boss when Beta comes out.
    You mean like 10 seconds instead of 3 seconds? Woe is me lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Baphomette View Post
    Level 80 content (Onyxia) will be squished less than level 90 players. Therefore GC's buff ('Level 90 chars get 10x stats in this instance') or some other kludge is needed to make up the difference.
    It's not necessarily needed, only if it makes soloing popular old content unfeasible. If it takes me slightly longer to kill Ony, big whoop.

If it makes it impossible to kill Ony, that's different.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aspectsftw View Post
    I feel like they aren't squishing things things enough. Won't we just be back at mop numbers in 2 expansions?
    Maybe, but once the overall numbers are compressed into a gradual slope, it doesn't seem that hard to go back every two expansions and squish the end-game jumps from two expansions ago. This item squish is huge because it's dealing with three expansions and 25 levels, but it will likely need ongoing maintenance to compress an expansion's tiers once they become irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Pearl View Post
    OP asks how it feels, people tell him that mobs die just as fast. That's not a feeling, that's something that you see happening.
    OT: Nobody can tell you how you will experience the squish. Some people won't care at all while others will only get used to it after some weeks.
    In this context, the OP is likely not asking about emotions; you're being to literal. "How does it feel" is the OP colloquially asking how the smoothness or clunkiness of the implementation. Everyone's answer is fine.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    I personally believe they should just leave health at a constant. Then use character level, item level, attackpower/spellpower and ability coefficients to make all damage and healing relative. Also stats should reset or quickly lower to previous start of expansion levels so a lvl 70 with BiS gear will have the same amount of attackpower/spellpower as a lvl 80 BiS in the same progression. The idea here is that as you level your attackpower/spellpower drops but your level and item level increase to offset the drop plus some.

For example there is a level 70 mage with 154 item level and 200 spell power and a level 80 mage with 277 item level and 200 spellpower they both have 50,000 health.
    The item level were taken from wowhead for endgame of BC and WotLK expansion, the spellpower amount was pulled out of my ass.

Spell bolt does (your level / your target) * 10 * (your item level / theirs)* 10 * ( spellpower) * (100%)

level 80 mage's spell bolt does about 41000 damage and just about one shots the lvl 70
    level 70 mage's spell bolt does about 9700 damage and would take 6 shots to kill the level 80 mage.

Im happy with it! tired of seeing the huge ridiculous numbers!

10+ Year Old Account
    I saw the gameplay videos and I saw the abnormally small numbers and was overcome with sadness.

You can talk til you're blue about how nothing is nerfed but the fact still remains that we used to hit in the 100k's, now we only hit for 10k.

100k is greater than 10k. I feel weaker.

Bigger numbers also feel more epic. Seeing bosses with billions of HP made them feel like bosses. Hitting in the 200-300ks made me feel like a demigod. And we have defeated nearly every major villain, so shouldn't we feel like a demigod, and hit like one too?
    Last edited by docterfreeze; 2013-11-13 at 04:56 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TS26 View Post
    This is not true. They've said the item squish won't affect the ability to solo old raids. So, vanilla's raid bosses have to be squished as well.
    He means they get scaled less probably.

It doesn't matter really, what does matter is that gameplay wise nothing will change. How they did it isn't even relevant.