Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    Bigger numbers also feel more epic. Seeing bosses with billions of HP made them feel like bosses.
    Yes, and they literally couldn't give Garrosh any more than a few billion health because of coding limitations. The item squish was probably better and easier than changing their code base.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamerlane2 View Post
    Yes, and they literally couldn't give Garrosh any more than a few billion health because of coding limitations. The item squish was probably better and easier than changing their code base.
    They took the lazy route.

How will the item squish affect leveling?

Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    They took the lazy route.
    The lazy way out compared to somehow engineering and distributing >64 bit software. Yes. The lazy way out compared to what they did with healing and threat values, and made them update differently and lag the game out? Yes. Kind of like "washing my car with a hose and a sponge instead of driving it through Niagara Falls" is the easy way out.

Easy isn't better. In fact, in programming, it's nearly always worse.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    Well, obviously you don't understand what the problem is. Please continue reducing the numbers in equal, relative amounts:
    Now a WOTLK mob has 10,000 health. If I continue your row the level 80 mob will have 100 health after the squish, that's about what a lvl 7 tirisfal bat has now. A BC mob now has ~1500 health, so after the squish he will have 15?
    Does that mean all mobs below level ~55 will have 1 HP?

So it can't be a linear factor as you simplified in your post. It's a complex calculation, and so the item squish will have influence on our ability to solo old content - nobody knows yet if it will get easier or harder in general, or that it just depends on the bosses. And yes, of course you will still be able to run through MC and AoE everything that moves, no doubt. The question are cutting-edge fights, like LK 25 HC. People did about 10,000 dps in ICC when it was current content, so following your logic people at 80 would do 100dps after the squish. That would be absurdly low, don't you agree? So lower levels need to be squished less than higher levels. That means if WOTLK content gets squished by a factor of 10, and MOP content gets squished by a factor of 100, in this example you will be 10 times weaker after the squish than you were before when entering with a level 90 char a level 80 raid.

I don't say I oppose the item squish if done right, but it is not as easy as you point it out to be.
    I'm sure Blizzard is quite capable of doing math correctly on both ends. If content is squished exponentially based on level then your character would be as well. You act like they contracted a 3rd party in India to do the work...it's their game. They've been working on this since before MOP.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LurkerOnly View Post
    The lazy way out compared to somehow engineering and distributing >64 bit software. Yes. The lazy way out compared to what they did with healing and threat values, and made them update differently and lag the game out? Yes. Kind of like "washing my car with a hose and a sponge instead of driving it through Niagara Falls" is the easy way out.

Easy isn't better. In fact, in programming, it's nearly always worse.
    It took Apple over a year to re-write iTunes to be 64-bit. This is different than running on a 64-bit OS in 32-bit mode. All it does is download, and playback movies and music. Converting the server end of WoW to 64-bit would be a huge undertaking to say the least.

15+ Year Old Account
    Seeing as how the ridiculous numbers made me stop looking at the actual text and just focus on percentage of bars, I highly doubt that I will feel bad at all. I might be sad that I can't push 1m DPS during Galakras trash anymore, but it'll still be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    I'm sure Blizzard is quite capable of doing math correctly on both ends. If content is squished exponentially based on level then your character would be as well. You act like they contracted a 3rd party in India to do the work...it's their game. They've been working on this since before MOP.
    And you act like I did say that Blizzard is not capable of doing the math correctly. I just pointed out that it is no linear factor as ZeroEdgeir has implied.

Deleted
    yeah who cares stop worrying about things you dont even understand