Poll: How do you feel about the Lone Wolf talent?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    i won't be using that talent for sure. my hunter has a wide variety of pets and i am planning to use them till the end

Well I like it as long as it provides the least dps gain of the 3 talents. If it is even equal to the other 2, there will be no excuse not to take it for progression and expose yourself to lost dps due to pet AI. Its great that it is there for ppl who like the flavor of it or don't want to deal with pet management, but I will be sad if it becomes the new standard for what a hunter is.
    Last edited by Osmin; 2013-11-12 at 04:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ettan View Post
    Master's call? sac? Those abilities needs to be added into the talent.
    And lynx rush + blink strikes needs to do something else when you have a petless talent.
    Then I would be 100% okey with it.

Now its horrible.
    Pretty much this. Its bad design to have talents useless/incompatible with another one. (bad synergy between talents is a separate argument but even talents must work for this argument to come up)
    Its likely that Lone wolf will become a 1 min CD and activating Lynx rush will cancel it.

Anyway, those talents are not final and the devs will letus know about any changes when its time.

Quote Originally Posted by ttak82 View Post
    Pretty much this. Its bad design to have talents useless/incompatible with another one. (bad synergy between talents is a separate argument but even talents must work for this argument to come up)
    Its likely that Lone wolf will become a 1 min CD and activating Lynx rush will cancel it.

Anyway, those talents are not final and the devs will letus know about any changes when its time.
    I think they'll just add in secondary effects for those kinds of talents like they did with Warlocks IMO.

Something like:
    Lynx Rush: [Passive] Chimera Shot and Explosive Shot ricochet between targets within 10 yards of the primary target over 4 seconds, or if only one target is available they deal +___% damage. Can only occur once every 1.5 min.

Blink Strikes: Your auto shots deal +___% damage and your trap launcher and binding shot no longer have a travel time.

Spirit Bond: You generate 3% total health every 2 sec and receive +___% extra healing taken.

Intimidation: You fire a warning shot into the air, stunning your target for 3 sec. 1 minute cooldown.

10+ Year Old Account
    The talent just seems counter productive just so you get a certain "feel like a ranger". Hunters as a whole are built to work with a pet. Reworking all the other pet centric talents just so other talent works is like 1 step forward 2 steps back, bad design imo. Beta needs to hurry up and come out so that things can be dissected more
    Chaos! Madness! Like a hug for your brain!¯\(°_o)/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    People doing below 200k dps? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Why? Why should content be gated behind skill?
    14/14h and finally done

Quote Originally Posted by Yindoo View Post
    Gonna switch alot more often the talents. Sometimes I'll play with Pet (PvP, Solo, other stuff), sometimes without ((Max dps, when the pet annoys me).

Overall good talent idea.
    You won't be using it for "max dps", I promise you that. You'll always use the pet for max dps, outside of really strange scenarios where pets don't work right at all, or the boss provides some massive buff that doesn't help pets.

Deleted
    This is a good idea and I believe for balancing purposes masters call , sac and the rest should not be added to it so that hunters can use this ability with skill, pvp wise. Hunters will have to pick the appropriate moment to maybe dismiss their pet and be petless and recall it back to begin kiting or go defensive, so as much as I want the other things to go with it , I think it should not for balancing purposes . As for Bm hunters and this talent, Its gg for them. Snipe is meh, you cant pvp with that shit , you will get raped by a warrior before you can snipe lol.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuyn View Post
    Don't like it. Danger of it becoming mandatory, and I've been playing a hunter for almost seven years -- I rolled a class with a pet, I want a class with a pet.

Assuming it's tuned to be a damage loss, then... Okay, indifferent if that's the case.
    ïts a talent. you dont have to take it.

personally i love it!

There are so many raid fights and so many aspects of the game you can't use a pet in. For those that like pets, the talent is SUPERPET if you're beastmastery, so unless for some reason you like the middle ground (just having regular pets), everyone wins.

Everything else aside, this is a solution to future design overlooks, such as trinkets not proccing, boss mechanics not working, etc.

Not sure if I responded to this (I know I voted =P), but I've been wanting an option to be a petless hunter (without gimping my DPS) literally since at latest the Burning Crusade.
    "It is a demonstration of incomprehensible hubris to quote one's self, especially in one's own forum signature."
    ¬PetersenIII

Quote Originally Posted by Redrun View Post
    The talent just seems counter productive just so you get a certain "feel like a ranger". Hunters as a whole are built to work with a pet.
    Again with the "this is the status quo don't change it ever" statement.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Les Grossman View Post
    Again with the "this is the status quo don't change it ever" statement.
    there is no status quo dont ever change it. for the sake of 1(one) talent the entire class needs to be reworked so all the pet centric abilities we have to somehow work just seems to be more work than what its worth instead of working on other issues that plague hunters.

no need to try and scorch my earth friend just my opinions on the talent <3
    Chaos! Madness! Like a hug for your brain!¯\(°_o)/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    People doing below 200k dps? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Why? Why should content be gated behind skill?
    14/14h and finally done

there is no status quo dont ever change it. for the sake of 1(one) talent the entire class needs to be reworked so all the pet centric abilities we have to somehow work just seems to be more work than what its worth instead of working on other issues that plague hunters.

no need to try and scorch my earth friend just my opinions on the talent <3
    Tropic Thunder reference, all is forgiven.

Although I just don't agree that this talent will consume all of their efforts. I think they can still fix other issues in addition to working with this talent; not to the exclusion of one or the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Les Grossman View Post
    I think they'll just add in secondary effects for those kinds of talents like they did with Warlocks IMO.

Something like:
    Lynx Rush: [Passive] Chimera Shot and Explosive Shot ricochet between targets within 10 yards of the primary target over 4 seconds, or if only one target is available they deal +___% damage. Can only occur once every 1.5 min.

Blink Strikes: Your auto shots deal +___% damage and your trap launcher and binding shot no longer have a travel time.

Spirit Bond: You generate 3% total health every 2 sec and receive +___% extra healing taken.

Intimidation: You fire a warning shot into the air, stunning your target for 3 sec. 1 minute cooldown.
    Or except for spirit bond, the talent will just summon a temporary pet like a Dire Beast without affecting your no-pet buff. It would probably be too OP if it swapped to the 70% pet buff during pet centric abilities. I imagine stampede will just be a 5 pet dire beast. Masters call will need work or probably removing/removing pet aspect. Spirit bond kind of needs a pet or they could just let it work all the time.

- - - Updated - - -

The talent just seems counter productive just so you get a certain "feel like a ranger". Hunters as a whole are built to work with a pet. Reworking all the other pet centric talents just so other talent works is like 1 step forward 2 steps back, bad design imo. Beta needs to hurry up and come out so that things can be dissected more
    Most of that junk was added in MoP. Pets have never really been integral to the workings of MM or Surv except for soloing.

As i said earlier, i think this talent is going to be cool, and many will like it. but i wonder how certain abilities will be changed..

Kill command
    Masters call
    Spirit bond
    Blink strike
    Lynx rush
    Frenzy + focus fire

i may be forgetting something but meh.
    I like my coffe like my mages.

For me I will go with whatever seems higher in DPS as I'm confortable with all 3 specs. I do like that Blizz is starting to give us options and is also listening to the community. OFC there are alot of things that need to be considered and that will all come out before the Expac, there's still alot of tweeking to be done.

I like the fact that every hunter will now have to think about specs/glyphs before each fight, which will separate the good from the bad.

I'm excited as things seem to be getting done and it means the overall happiness of the hunter community is higher.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Danmakus View Post
    As i said earlier, i think this talent is going to be cool, and many will like it. but i wonder how certain abilities will be changed..

Kill command
    Masters call
    Spirit bond
    Blink strike
    Lynx rush
    Frenzy + focus fire

i may be forgetting something but meh.
    i see you didnt read the spell discription^^

Quote Originally Posted by Scrimjaw View Post
    i see you didnt read the spell discription^^
    feel free to enlighten me.
    I like my coffe like my mages.

Quote Originally Posted by Danmakus View Post
    feel free to enlighten me.
    Type Warlords of Draenor Talent Calculator Wowhead, read the talent With or Without You.

Beast Mastery KEEPS their pet and gives them bonuses, Marksman and Survival lose theirs for DMG bonus.

I'll be taking it because I like the idea of dismissing my pet and being viable, but I'd like to see it further changed. As it is, it makes several other talents and skills useless, including Master's Command, Spirit Bond, Lynx Rush and Blink Strikes. I think it needs a different approach.