Dirt Rally - 9/10

Put in a fair few hours with this lately, it's a Rally simulation and it's incredibly challenging and fun. One of the best racing games I've ever played.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

7+ Year Old Account
    Warhammer End Time: Vermintide

A very enjoyable Left for dead styled game with more depth and fun than the games the gameplay was based on

Witcher 3 - 9/10

I had 0 complaints until I started going through Skellige. I'm not a fan of all the travel by boat, and the sirens that will not stop accosting me. Tried to fight them on the boat until I realized its easier to just dive off and shoot them underwater with the crossbow, or just keep moving.

Given that don't need to travel by boat to explore the zone once you've bought the naval maps, and most of the stuff I'd be exploring is very optional, the game only lost 1 point. But, it did feel like the studio put most of their effort into Novigrad/Velen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Planescape: Torment
    11/10

I don't even know what to add... It is more than just a game, it is a philosophical journey. The quality of narrative and storytelling is beyond anything I've ever seen in a video game and rivals that of some of the best books out there. Music is cosmic. The variety of ways the main character can interact with other characters is jaw-dropping. Even though the second half of the game felt a bit rushed and some sub-stories behind various characters weren't quite finished, the game is pure gem, masterpiece as it is.

There are only two games currently which I rate higher than 10/10, another one being Neverwinter Nights 2: Mask of the Betrayer, since these are much more than mere video games.

The only thing I am sad about is that, after playing through PS:T, there just isn't anything left for me to play that would even come close to this level of storytelling. All those story-based games, like Witcher, Mass Effect or Dragon Age, look like cartoons for little babies, compared to this. So, in some sense, I am glad to get to playing this game as late as 2015, otherwise I would have enjoyed many games a lot less than I did.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Destiny:

7/10 Fun and addicting but both the main story and expansion were disappointingly short and kind of flat. Also, puzzle jumping in an FPS? Please don't.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    The Witcher 3 Heart of Stone: 10/10 One of the best DLC I've ever played. Great story, tons of content for the price, cool new loot. Definitely will go down as one of the best DLC alongside Shadow Broker.

The Walking Dead Season 2: 9/10 After the amazing season that was Season 1 I was worried about how they would follow up but they did a great job making it different. Playing as Clementine also put a really interesting twist on it as well. Can't wait for Season 3.

World of Warships. Probably the best of Wargaming games so far. As a WWII battleship era enthusiast I would give it 8/10.

7+ Year Old Account
    Game: Prominence
    Score: 7.8/10

An easy enjoyable experience when you're not fighting the controls.
    Last edited by Ladyoftheforest; 2015-11-15 at 08:47 PM.

Deleted
    AION on a pvp-only server. 9/10
    God, that game could've been so good. I always knew it had way more potential than was actually realized. 5 years later I get to play without godstones, without GP jelly, with anti-zerg features, maintained by pvp-active devs. It's mindblowing just how correct everyone was that blamed the publisher(s)/marketing for AION's shitness.

10+ Year Old Account
    The system should be out of 5

Xplay got it right!

Shadowrun: Dragonfall.

Definitely a solid 10. I love the Shadowrun games so much. I played through Shadowrun Returns a while ago and loved it, and I just recently got through Dragonfall, which was pretty much the same game (in a different story/setting) but refined and better.

But yeah, Shadowrun Returns and Shadowrun Dragonfall are two of the best RPGs I've played in recent memory. I really love the "Cyberpunk meets fantasy" setting. Will be picking up Shadowrun Hong Kong next.

Deleted
    Mass Effect 3: 9/10

All 3 were amazing games and good characters and so on. Everyone I have seen hated the ME ending, personally I loved it.
    Huge spolers for the ending, dont read if you are going to play them. I loved my ending. I shot the glass and destroyed pretty much EVERYTHING (seems humans on eath died too lol, not sure if I got it because I did pretty much only main missions and did almost speedrun it as I wanna finish other games too).

I LOVE bittersweet endings/bad endings & open endings personally, and it fit good with the story what I got imo. Though some survived so all good. I mean it couldnt have been any other way if you ask me.
    Would have been shit if Shepard would have made it and all would have been good, rainbows and what not. With how much shit was going on and sacrifices it was pretty damn good imo.

I checked out like all endings on youtube and imo the control endings are IMO the bad one even though I got the "bad one". I mean if you are gonna live for an eternity as a god you might become what the child was and start shit again down the road.

Fallout 4: 10/10 currently only a few hours in and loving
    It.

I love the new talent system and the scavage feature.

Also no talent cap.

Legacy of the Void Campaign - 7/10

Better than expected. Still plotholes/retcons in the story arc, a lot of missed opportunities and a Metzen-like cheesy ending. Production value was top, Campaign seems to be the hardest of all three SC2 campaigns.

The Beginner's Guide

While not as much fun as The Stanley Parable, this game was interesting and thought-provoking.

Five Nights at Freddy's 4

Well I like the changes to the formula and setting, but I am NOT playing another one of these damn games.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Age of Mythology 10/10, it's an Ensemble Studio RTS, expecting any less is ridiculous.

Fallout 4- 8/10. Good but hate the whole settlement part although that's probably me still getting used to it

Age of Empires 2 HD 10/10- They didn't screw with anything and they improved the difficulty in some of it.

Deleted
    Fallout 4

8/10 (The following is my personal experiences and thoughts, your results/opinions may vary)

Pros

Most of the changes they've made are well deserved. It runs well on my system and I've only experienced one bug (albeit twice) that was fixed by a manual save and reload. Whilst it's not the prettiest game, I've sunk 60 hours into it and done about 4 of the main story quests.

The gunplay is a vast improvement to the previous games. The scavenging and settlement building is a fairly well fleshed out addition in my opinion, and I've never felt forced to do (although this didn't stop me from spending hours make Sanctuary a fortress). Enemy AI is improved - they take cover, fire from said cover, head indoors when being sniped and have different AI depending on what they are. I.E BoS stick together during fights, humans look for cover, deathclaws and other beasts tend to just run wild.

The characters feel engaging and to me, the VA has actually made me pay attention to the conversation. Companions are much improved this time round, constantly engaging in conversations you're having, commenting on story and side quests, as well as a 'reputation' system and the chance to romance them. The factions feel fleshed out and engaging, with interesting characters in all of them. There's a huge amount of side quests that again, feel fleshed out. This is definitely helped by the environment - whilst the map may not be huge like GTA V or Just Cause, there's stuff to do literally everywhere. It's hard to find an area where you can walk for more than a minute before finding something. Whether it be an unmarked cave, a typical warehouse full of raiders or raider camp where they race Mr. Gutsys and Mr. Handys like horse races. The environment itself is astounding - huge motorways in ruins hundreds of feet above you and huge satellite arrays. The city area is incredible, with skyscrapers and huge buildings reaching far into the sky.

I'll mention modding here, but I suppose it could also go in Cons depending on your outlook. The Bethesda modding community is pretty huge, with mods coming out 3 days before the game released. Many issues, bugs, lacking of X etc. is very likely to be addressed very soon, especially when Bethesda releases the modding tool in early 2016.

Cons

Not an issue for me, but the voiced protaganist removes a lot of the RP elements that many enjoyed in previous games. Not just because of the VA but also because the lines he say are all "good" - there isn't an opportunity to craft an evil character any more. The most you can do is make sarky remarks and crack a few jokes and occasionally swear if you're feeling fruity.

The settlement building UI and controls are literally the worst thing I've ever seen in any somewhat-respectable video game. It's horrendous on PC. Additionally, in order to get the game to run smoothly without (see: less) stuttering and absolutely disgusting texture pop-in/failures to load, you need to dedicate portions of your physical RAM as VRAM through a 3rd party tool.

The archaic engine means the same issues persist. As with the stuttering, the same bugs and shortcomings from Skyrim are still present for many. Again, this hasn't affected me but the internet is littered with examples, pictures and videos. The AI makes me want to gouge my own eyeballs out sometimes, Dogmeat has an awful habit of running off into the wilderness then running into me, around me, into a doorway and into the path of my bullets. Human companions also throw grenades willy-nilly into trees and terrain right in front of them, hurting not only themselves but also me.

I dislike the new talent and S.P.E.C.I.A.L system. The introduction 'quest' felt bland and boring, with a 'plot twist' that made me genuinely shake my head in disappointment - you can predict it from a mile off.

So overall, I'm very happy with the game so far. It has it's fair share of shortcomings but I feel that the gameplay and engagement makes up for it. If you like Bethesda games then definitely go ahead and get it - it's very much more of the same 'good' that makes their games what they are. If you're dubious, watch a few streams/videos and see. If you're not always into these types of games or prone to losing your marbles if textures aren't perfect or you get some glitches, I'd personally wait a while for patches (official or otherwise) and/or a price drop.
    Last edited by mmoc3982adc87f; 2015-11-15 at 02:42 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Game: Fallout 4
    Score: 7/10

The most hyped and therefor most overrated game of 2015.

It would always be an uphill battle for Fallout 4 to impress me, but wanted to give the game all the chances +1 to dazzle. The concept is of the same making which is both a good and bad implementation. Sentiments of 'if it ain't broken, don't fix it' against the more critical thoughts that value innovation. Fallout 3 fans can rejoice and get maximum entertainment of Fallout 3.5, that is what the latest Bethesda game really is. I say this in a non derogatory way since it does offer improvements and tweaks over 3, but fails to elevate the franchise to a new level. I sincerely hope the next Fallout adventure will be of a new structure and bethesda takes the step to be more bold and take a risk for once. This game was made to play it safe and I am not sure if Bethesda will keep every fan happy if it chooses to stagnate it's gamedevelopment.

A new heroine and a new chapter in Fallout 4. The opening was not very captivating and the main story a little disappointing. I kept switching between keyboard and mouse and the xbox controller since it's emphasis is more on fps and eventually I kept the controller as my main controltool. Wasn't expecting the UI to be not so intuitive but when you put many hours in the game it becomes okish. I do like how the game doesn't hold your hand, but did expect to have a more elaborate dialoguewheel to choose from like a proper RPG. That is one factor that breaks my immersion. The others being the poor mouth and body animations of npc's and the graphics that sometimes look good and sometimes bad. The AI companion is not very smooth, especially coming from MGSV. The quests you get are slightly repetitive, but I like that some are very long and take place in a very big area.

The experience wasn't enchanting since there was no previous characterbuilding and the npc's you help are just ok: I don't feel a connection with them. My enjoyment comes from being a loot-scavanger, trying to get the best items and exploring the vast planes without real direction. I don't like sims so housing is one element I don't put much effort in. So overall it's just an ok game for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bioshock - 8.5/10
    I couldn't live with the fact I never played the first one, considering I love Infinite more than anything in the world.
    Beautiful game, great gameplay and story. Most people disagree, but I like Infinite better, even gameplay-wise (I don't mind the simple mechanics and I just love Elizabeth so much).

Bioshock Infinite: Burial At Sea - Episode 1 - 7/10
    Great DLC, adds some interesting stuff to the story.

Bioshock Infinite: Burial At Sea - Episode 2 - 8/10
    The ultimate ending. Oh lord how beautiful is this franchise... The connection estabilished between Rapture and Columbia was done perfectly and Booker's presence in Elizabeth disturbed, lonely (and mortal) mind was pure genius. Some people didn't like how the whole story ultimately ties solely to Elizabeth - she's the reason EVERYTHING happens, from Jack freeing the little sisters and killing Rapture to the end of all the Comstocks - but I actually like the idea. I think the biggest problem for most is that the apparently standalone masterpiece that is Bioshock 1 is actually really connected to Infinite. I just love this game so much I wanna delete it all from my brain and play it again.

I'm terrible at stealth games, so this was kinda hard for me, but just hard enough to be fun. I believe most people find this DLC pretty easy to play tho, considering my skills .-.

I'm REALLY picky about games, but I believe Bioshock Infinite is my favorite game and the whole franchise is probably my favorite as well. Sorry Witcher, Elder Scrolls, Fallout and every other AMAZING open-world games, I just can't. The story and gameplay can be fantastic, but what I truly enjoy is well made, story-rich linear stories.
    "Ah... you have learned much... and learned well... an honorable battle.
    In the end, I stood by the warchief, because it was my duty, and I am glad that it was you who struck me down.
    May your strength... lead the horde... into a new era of prosperity..."

-General Nazgrim