10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Fallout: New Vegas 9/10

Amazing game, it's rare you get a third/first person RPG without sacrificing the RP part of it. New Vegas definitely nails the roleplay. You can side with one of the three major powers in the Mojave or kill them all and cannibalise their corpses. Almost everyone can be killed (Except your companions who are currently following you on normal mode and Yes Man who is essentially malware that jumps from one robot to another). The only downside is that many mountains have invisible walls on them. Which means you usually have to take the road.

But yeah, amazing game. I'd recommend it to anyone who loves RPG's of any stripe.

Herald of the Titans Lotus Victoria's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Life is Strange. I'm still in episode 4, but...as a game, it is not THAT entertaining. There are some interesting moments, but it's a simple exploration game. The story is alright until now. There are some likeable characters, but holy shit there are some annoying ones too. 7/10 until now.
    Last edited by Lotus Victoria; 2016-08-01 at 11:10 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelendria View Post
    Doom 8/10. A game of 2 halves.

Single player is great and really reminds me of classic Doom with 21st century graphics. First time picking up the super shotgun brings back one hell of a smile. Enjoy the extra bits added in like the challenges, and despite thinking the executions would quickly become gimmicky, the way in which they are used doesn't make them get old.
    Multiplayer.. Just don't.
    Yeah, I agree. Single player in Doom is spectacular, by far the best single player in an FPS I've played since Jedi Academy (2003!). Multiplayer though is one of the blandest multiplayers I've ever seen in any game... Did they have different quality control teams for SP and MP or something?
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Suikoden 3- 8.5/10.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

Herald of the Titans Lotus Victoria's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Faeria - So far, after ~4 hours of play, I find it very good. Easy 8.5.

Maybe after a little more time (as it is an online CCG), I'll give it more or less. Let's see.

Batman Arkham City 9/10 its a awesome game.

Pony Island: 9/10.

Pony Island is an experience. Much like The Stanley Parable, it spends its time messing with you, and being just downright clever. To explain more would be a disservice to the game, so I'll just say that I spent a large portion of the game with a smile on my face. My only complaint is that the logic puzzles overstay their welcome; it feels to me like the developers thought to themselves that they needed to be more of a 'video game', so they threw them in. Still, this is a bloody clever game, and while it only clocks in at about 2 to 2.5 hours, it's clearly worth the $5 price of admission. Go play Pony Island. Now.

Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithlessness. I'd rate it about a 7/10.

Pros: Battle system as usual is great.
    Item creation is pretty nice also.
    Lots of side quests to complete which will give you many hidden abilities to help along the way if you don't rush.
    Difficulty ramps up as you go.

Cons: The action cam is atrocious, especially in battle.
    The battle AI system is far too slow to react and very cumbersome. Often your part members will just stand in aoe until they die.
    The voice acting and dialog is cringe worthy for most of the game.
    Not enough end game content.
    Main toon: Priest
    Alts: Rogue, Druid and Paladin plus many, many more.

Quote Originally Posted by Farath View Post
    Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithlessness. I'd rate it about a 7/10.

Pros: Battle system as usual is great.
    Item creation is pretty nice also.
    Lots of side quests to complete which will give you many hidden abilities to help along the way if you don't rush.
    Difficulty ramps up as you go.

Cons: The action cam is atrocious, especially in battle.
    The battle AI system is far too slow to react and very cumbersome. Often your part members will just stand in aoe until they die.
    The voice acting and dialog is cringe worthy for most of the game.
    Not enough end game content.
    I was contemplating getting this game, never played a Star Ocean game before, I heard the PS2 ones were very good, then saw some of the reviews of the recent one....and seeing this, hasn't swayed me. I like a good JRPG, but I don't think this will be it. Cmon Tri Ace, remaster Valkyrie Profile 1 and 2.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

Lester the Unlikely- SNES. 0/10

Decided to dig into this after watching the AVGN episode. Holy mother of fuck he was not kidding. This is by far the worst game released on the SNES. Awful mechanics, Lester spends over half the game being a pussy, controls are crappy, level design is awful and WHY HAVE A WEAPON AND ITEM SLOT IF YOU CANNOT HOLD ONE WEAPON AND ONE ITEM EACH?!. Gonna keep digging now through SNES titles and see if I can find anything worse. Even Wizard of Oz is better than this.

Deleted
    shadows of morder

well im not far into this game, played about 30mins and i already feel like tearing out my eyeballs due to this control scheme. seriously fuck who ever designed the keyboard controls for this game. on top of the aweful controls the camera seems kind of annoying, ive tried turning the sensitivity up but it still is sluggish to move it around. the game play seems fun and i like the system of seeing enemy captains and hunting them down and interrogating orcs for intel.

Pocket Morty.

9/10

Great time waster at work.
    Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.

10+ Year Old Account
    Last Game I played (currently trying to play) Is Sword Coast Legends (XB1).

5/10

I would love to rate it higher, but the game has some terrible flaws that are ruining it for me.

Cons:
    1: Loading times. I am not exaggerating in the slightest when I saw there are between 3 - 5 minute loading times between areas.
    2: Tiny Text! A game that is all about the story and conversations and dialog, and I have to walk over to my TV just to be able to read it. Same issue I had with Witcher 3. The text is too damn small. (I have excellent eye sight, just in case that comes into question)
    3: Terrible Quest Tracking. Honestly you would have to see it for yourself. Map markers aren't really a thing, and it does not show you quest locations on the world map in any meaningful way.
    4: Single player lag. Not even just in combat, sometimes just when walking through a dungeon. If I had to sit through 3-5 minutes of loading to get to the dungeon, then I should not have to deal with lag during my crawl though it.

Pros:
    1: Combat is handled well. If you know Diablo or Never Winter Nights, then you know how to play this game as well.
    2: Leveling system is simple to use, but deep enough to make you have to make important choices.
    3: Voice acting is done well for the important NPC's. And the story itself, while not being unique, is told well.
    4: Plenty of class/race choices. Keeps the game fresh if you wish to start over with a new class or race.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    shadows of morder

well im not far into this game, played about 30mins and i already feel like tearing out my eyeballs due to this control scheme. seriously fuck who ever designed the keyboard controls for this game. on top of the aweful controls the camera seems kind of annoying, ive tried turning the sensitivity up but it still is sluggish to move it around. the game play seems fun and i like the system of seeing enemy captains and hunting them down and interrogating orcs for intel.
    Have you tried using a Controller with it on PC? I own it for XB1, and it didn't feel too bad if I recall correctly. Haven't played since around release.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Yeah, I agree. Single player in Doom is spectacular, by far the best single player in an FPS I've played since Jedi Academy (2003!). Multiplayer though is one of the blandest multiplayers I've ever seen in any game... Did they have different quality control teams for SP and MP or something?
    Jedi Academy is soooooo good!
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post

5/10

I would love to rate it higher, but the game has some terrible flaws that are ruining it for me.

Cons:
    1: Loading times. I am not exaggerating in the slightest when I saw there are between 3 - 5 minute loading times between areas.
    2: Tiny Text! A game that is all about the story and conversations and dialog, and I have to walk over to my TV just to be able to read it. Same issue I had with Witcher 3. The text is too damn small. (I have excellent eye sight, just in case that comes into question)
    3: Terrible Quest Tracking. Honestly you would have to see it for yourself. Map markers aren't really a thing, and it does not show you quest locations on the world map in any meaningful way.
    4: Single player lag. Not even just in combat, sometimes just when walking through a dungeon. If I had to sit through 3-5 minutes of loading to get to the dungeon, then I should not have to deal with lag during my crawl though it.

Pros:
    1: Combat is handled well. If you know Diablo or Never Winter Nights, then you know how to play this game as well.
    2: Leveling system is simple to use, but deep enough to make you have to make important choices.
    3: Voice acting is done well for the important NPC's. And the story itself, while not being unique, is told well.
    4: Plenty of class/race choices. Keeps the game fresh if you wish to start over with a new class or race.

- - - Updated - - -

Have you tried using a Controller with it on PC? I own it for XB1, and it didn't feel too bad if I recall correctly. Haven't played since around release.

after some googling apparently it is much better with a controller, shame i dont have one D:

Deleted
    this is the police

7/10

very casual, no replayability...but I had fun

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    after some googling apparently it is much better with a controller, shame i dont have one D:
    =(

Curious if you can get a cheap XB360 controller off amazon.

10+ Year Old Account

5/10

Cons:

Pros:
    Eh, SCL is the only game in my life I've preordered... I've played the multiplayer for an hour or so and quit, never coming back. Was so disappointed. I thought it would be a surrogate for Neverwinter Nights 3, with a fully functional toolset, interesting gameplay and class system, etc. Turned out, the toolset was a joke, so no module-making community to speak of; the combat was a weird mix of D&D and Diablo, which didn't seem to be skill-based whatsoever; the characters looked ugly (seriously, this is the only game I've ever played in which I just couldn't stand how characters looked), especially elves; I can go on and on.

Perhaps I should go through the campaign, at least? I am so discouraged from trying it after that disappointment...

Jedi Academy is soooooo good!
    I liked Jedi Outcast better though. Jedi Academy was very easy, even on Jedi Master difficulty, because you could get a fully upgraded Lightning Strike by the third mission, which would make most parts of it a cakewalk. In Jedi Outcast, there are actually quite a few somewhat challenging places, especially the first 5 missions, before you become a Jedi.
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh, SCL is the only game in my life I've preordered... I've played the multiplayer for an hour or so and quit, never coming back. Was so disappointed. I thought it would be a surrogate for Neverwinter Nights 3, with a fully functional toolset, interesting gameplay and class system, etc. Turned out, the toolset was a joke, so no module-making community to speak of; the combat was a weird mix of D&D and Diablo, which didn't seem to be skill-based whatsoever; the characters looked ugly (seriously, this is the only game I've ever played in which I just couldn't stand how characters looked), especially elves; I can go on and on.

Perhaps I should go through the campaign, at least? I am so discouraged from trying it after that disappointment...
    The campaign very much reminds me on NWN. But I don't feel it will change your impression of the game. Combat is still very 'auto pilot' only needing player interaction when things go rough, which is only occasionally. And the questing is pretty 'on your own' which is a pain for me since the text is so damn small that I get impatient and skip through it. Doing so makes me miss important information.

And the loading. OMG THE LOADING!!! It is torture!

I liked Jedi Outcast better though. Jedi Academy was very easy, even on Jedi Master difficulty, because you could get a fully upgraded Lightning Strike by the third mission, which would make most parts of it a cakewalk. In Jedi Outcast, there are actually quite a few somewhat challenging places, especially the first 5 missions, before you become a Jedi.
    I'll admit, I played Jedi Academy a very very long time ago, so I don't recall it being annoyingly easy or not. My friends used to play multiplayer a lot and had a blast with it.

I should hunt down a copy of Outcast though as per your recommendation. I might actually have it on my steam account. I have most of the Star Wars games on there. They were gifted from a friend.

- - - Updated - - -

Just checked, and I do not have Outcast = /

10+ Year Old Account
    The campaign very much reminds me on NWN. But I don't feel it will change your impression of the game. Combat is still very 'auto pilot' only needing player interaction when things go rough, which is only occasionally. And the questing is pretty 'on your own' which is a pain for me since the text is so damn small that I get impatient and skip through it. Doing so makes me miss important information.

And the loading. OMG THE LOADING!!! It is torture!
    I wasn't a big fan of NWN1 official campaigns either, to be honest: I liked the gameplay and the leveling system (so many builds to try, it's crazy), but the campaigns were a bit bland - I liked the user-made content better. NWN2 campaigns thought were pretty awesome, especially Mask of the Betrayer, which has my second favorite video game story, after Planescape: Torment.

Maybe I will give the campaign a try. So far I'm playing through TES series for the first time, finishing Oblivion currently; then I wanted to go through Fallout games as well, starting with Fallout 3... And I am a completionist! Will see, maybe I will get to the SCL campaign by the spring or so.

I'll admit, I played Jedi Academy a very very long time ago, so I don't recall it being annoyingly easy or not. My friends used to play multiplayer a lot and had a blast with it.

I should hunt down a copy of Outcast though as per your recommendation. I might actually have it on my steam account. I have most of the Star Wars games on there. They were gifted from a friend.
    Jedi Outcast is a much more linear game than Academy, but I thought the story was much better, and the gameplay, I think, was overall more balanced. The first few missions on the hardest difficulty are really challenging! And the final boss is no joke either, unless you cheese and lure him into a power beam.

I also liked JO/JA multiplayer a lot. Sadly, not many people are playing these games any more...

---

Oh, Outcast is $10 on Steam. Well worth it, in my opinion!

10+ Year Old Account
    Or maybe I do?

I have Star Wars Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II. From the Wiki, this appears to be Outcast as well? I'm really confused.

I recall playing the original Dark Forces. Is Outcast the same?