The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    FallOut4 - 8/10: Solid and entertaining, but very easy to become so rediculously overpowered that literally nothing can threaten you.

The main offending builds are stealth/sniper and maxed out power armor. Stealth/sniper means you basically oneshot every mob you can engage from range. Maxed out X-01 power armor (the best suit in game) makes you so insanely durable that you can literally stroll right into an enemy base and obliterate everyone without a care in the world. You will do more damage to yourself with the careless use of your own explosive weapons than the enemy can ever hope to do to you.

Towards the end of the main story campaign when i decided to wipe out the Brotherhood, i was strolling down the main corridor of their fortress murdering everything with this godly OP assault rifle i had crafted like 25 levels prior. All these guys in power armor were dying like flies left and right - when it dawned on me that there was no challenge left in this game. I immediately began to lose interest. I did finish the campaign for the faction i chose to support, but the ending was pretty anti-climactic. The journey was fun though.
    Last edited by Nihilan; 2016-12-15 at 05:11 PM.

Deleted
    My favorite are Lara croft and Lego Marvel Heroes and my vote for all these is 10 from 10.

I'd say FFXV is a not quite solid 7/10. When it shines its amazing, but the story is barely there, most of the content is 'go kill x Goats' filler and a lot of the later game feels like entire sections were cut, including one that feels like just a beta test for FF7 remakes assetts. Not the worst in the series since there are some great character moments but i have not played a game that felt this blatantly half finished since dragon age 2.

Batman - The Telltale Series - 7/10

The last episode has been released recently so its time to rate the game as a whole. I thought it started off rather weak, but it got better with the following episodes. Episode 5 is probably even my favorite. There's quite a cast with villains that we know from other Batman media, but some of their portrayals almost make them unrecognisable. The gameplay is typical QTE like your typical Telltale game, with only little variations added. The performance feels slobby at times, with some rather awkward movement and scene transitions. Voice acting is top notch, probably one of its biggest strengths. The story is also fine, with a satisfying conclusion and a possibility for a sequel. As for the choices, I think they are getting better with them as there are certain choices that shape up quite a part of an episode into something else. But the bad thing is that for most of the part, your not-so-important choices are so one-sided where you can either answer nicely, answer like a dick or just remain silent.

Its one of the weaker Telltale games. This is probably how I'd rate them from best to worst:

The Walking Dead Season 1 > The Wolf Among Us > Game of Thrones Season 1 > Tales From The Borderlands > Batman > The Walking Dead Season 2

Yeah I didn't like TWD S2 that much, IMO the first 2 episodes were great but then it turned to shit.

Haven't really picked up anything since FFXV;

7/10 for me.

I still can't get behind the game as a FF game.

I can understand why people are having fun with it, they're doing things that aren't FF based, like random open world 'missions' which exist in the game as if it's an MMO or something. To me, it lost of a lot of its soul when the focus was all on the Open World aspect early in the game. It's a game mechanic/genre that I really hope fades away, or relegated to just a few specific titles that are built from the ground up to utilize the system. It's so clear that the 2nd 'half' of FFXV isn't meant to be open world, you rush through the story portions as fast as possible since there was so much lost time in the game doing nothing more than fetch quests and fishing. Plot points appear as quickly as they're dismissed, because the designers realized nothing had happened in the game, and they had to hurry up to tell their storyline.

Feels a lot like Metal Gear Solid V did-- lots of fun bits to experience in the game, but they were fun because it was all universal game mechanics and ideas, not because it was MGS.

The combat feels anti-FF basically, the magic system is somehow worse than Oblivion/Skyrim, the plot is really bland despite so much potential, and the overall modern setting feels way too modern for my tastes. I am not super excited about walking into a gas station convenience store to buy healing items. Same with the dialogue, it's just too... casual.

I think if this weren't sold as a FF game, and just a SE rpg, I'd probably enjoy it more, though at that point I may have just skipped it overall. Guess I had more faith in them that it would be a memorable FF experience, and less universal.
    Last edited by fangless; 2016-12-21 at 07:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncharted 4, overhyped and overrated. 7.5/10 Jump jump jump jump jump swing jump jump.

Deleted
    FFVX: 6/10

Spoilers inc

Unfinished game. This is what happens when you develop a game for 10 years and change directions several times.

The combat is kinda fun but its overall too easy. Didnt get game over a single time and thats with "end game" too.
    Too many "MMO" side missions. They focused on so much shit to just filler it out. Hunts were nice. Dungeons were kinda good?

The story is so damn thin, they have the ground for an amazing story but they dont flesh it out at all. You have to watch the movie and the anime episodes if you dont wanna miss a lot of story or character background.

In the movie they show many characters that doesnt appear in the game even though its happening at the start. The old enemy emperor, you dont see shit about him. Could have done more with the enemy empire besides the damn outposts.
    They could have done way more with Luna and her brother, I mean come on... you barely knew her. And Ardyn, would have been awsome if we saw or heard more about him and his early years when he was "chosen" and cleansed the shit and became an outcast because of it but nooo. Would have loved to see more about Aranea too.

Chapter 13? Almost made me quit the game.

Too little with summons and they could have done it way better/cooler with the kings instead of just going to their tombs and take their weapons. Should have done more in the style with the movie or how it was in the end.

Personally I always loved the FF games for the story and characters and if this actually didnt have an unfinished story it would probably have been amazing.

Focused too much on the car, side missions and the damn food instead of the story. Should have been in development for 1-2 more years if even that would have fixed it but I doubt it as they fucking made a movie as a "prequel" and the movie is happening at the start of the game, like wtf?
    Should have gone with Noctis father as the prequel when he was young if the had to make a movie so it wouldnt fuck up the story or take shit out of the game.

Atleast fishing was fun.

Doom 2016: 10/10

Not much to say than its just so damn fun to go fast and kill stuff while the music is blasting. I played it once and on the hardest difficulty you can choose from the start and that was amazing. Did you stop for a sec you were dead pretty much.

Witcher 3: Initial reaction is 6.5/10, and will likely change my score when / if I play more of it. It 'looks' absolutely astounding, of that there's no question. The problem is that it plays like a console port in terms of character feel, and doesn't seem to lean towards RPG as much as I'd like. (ie, you're playing a set character rather than creating your own from scratch). I suppose that's just the nature of this series however, and shouldn't be viewed as a detriment.

I expected the game to completely draw me in as Skyrim did (or to a lesser extent, FO3), and that hasn't happened yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Witcher 3: Initial reaction is 6.5/10, and will likely change my score when / if I play more of it. It 'looks' absolutely astounding, of that there's no question. The problem is that it plays like a console port in terms of character feel, and doesn't seem to lean towards RPG as much as I'd like. (ie, you're playing a set character rather than creating your own from scratch). I suppose that's just the nature of this series however, and shouldn't be viewed as a detriment.

I expected the game to completely draw me in as Skyrim did (or to a lesser extent, FO3), and that hasn't happened yet.
    Give it time. I was a bit disappointed initially, it felt a bit like a single-player MMO with cutscenes and interactive dialogues... Once you get out of Orchard and delve a bit into the open world and the story, you will likely fall in love with the game!
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Getting around to the games I bought during this most recent sale.

Right now - Dragon's Dogma.

I've already dumped hundreds of hours into this back during it's console launch and the launch of Dark Arisen, but I'm still enjoying it. The story is meh, but there are so many unique classes to choose from. Playing it for the story would probably be a 5/10. Playing it as a "Hey go kill those monsters" and dungeon crawl gives it a 8-9/10 for me.

You just have to remember one thing - Strider is and always will be the best. Peasants will try to deceive you, but it will always be the king.

10+ Year Old Account
    Titanfall 2 - 8/10
    Campaign was nice with good pacing. Multiplayer is fun too.
    Ryzen 7 5800X - RX 6900 XT
    Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO - Crucial Ballistix DDR4 32GB 3600Mhz - Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280
    Corsair 4000D Airflow - 1x ASUS 27" VG27AQ - 2x iiyama 24”

10+ Year Old Account
    The Talos Principle on PS4 - 10/10.

played thru dead space 2 again (still my fav of the series)
    9/10

first one was amazing as well but controls on computer were awful, 3rd one had garbage crafting system and IAP but ok story and meh scary/horror moments so 3rd is clearly the worst imo

Darkest Dungeon
    9/10

Getting my ass kicked and the game not giving a fuck.
    Love the idea. Well executed.

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic

10/10. One of the best RPGs ever.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippermoon118 View Post
    Mass Effect 2. 10/10
    bump, I will even go so far as to say the entire Mass Effect trilogy is 10/10.

I recently dowloaded Let It Die. haven't spent enough time to really rate it but thus far it's been a weird, fun ride.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Lester the Unlikely- SNES. 0/10

Decided to dig into this after watching the AVGN episode. Holy mother of fuck he was not kidding. This is by far the worst game released on the SNES. Awful mechanics, Lester spends over half the game being a pussy, controls are crappy, level design is awful and WHY HAVE A WEAPON AND ITEM SLOT IF YOU CANNOT HOLD ONE WEAPON AND ONE ITEM EACH?!. Gonna keep digging now through SNES titles and see if I can find anything worse. Even Wizard of Oz is better than this.
    I check this thread mainly to read your reviews of terrible games, these are hysterical!

Please keep them coming XD

Quote Originally Posted by Maletalana View Post
    I check this thread mainly to read your reviews of terrible games, these are hysterical!

Please keep them coming XD
    Well I must say I am flattered. Loosely base it on AVGN. Speaking of which.

Zelda: Wand of Gamelon and Link: Faces of Evil for Phillips CDi. 0.5/10 for both so 1/20.

The most stupid mechanics I have ever seen in a Zelda game. Yes there exists 3 bad Zelda games all on the Phillips CDi because after the whole Nintendo Playstation deal fell through they allied with Phillips which also fell through. Phillips had the right to utilise some of the Nintendo franchise from which we have 3 shitty Zelda games and a shitty Mario game. But anyway onto the games.

The platforming is utter shite and I mean it's very restrictive. Example you cannot jump down below instead you have to follow the path all the way left or right to go down which is ridiculous. Another thing is jumping. It's like Wizard of Oz on SNES or Terminator on NES. When you jump onto a platform you have to make sure it's dead centre or you might as well kiss your ass goodbye.

Dark Mechanic. Holy mother of God the games have loads of dark areas which you have to keep using the Lantern for. And when it runs out you are absolutely fucked. It's absolutely horrible and miserable playing games like these in the dark. Seriously I have a broken CDi Controller because of this shitty mechanic. I mean even the non CDi Zelda games have dark areas but this just takes the absolute piss with the amount of dark areas.

One minor gripe is how you collect rupees or any item. Usually in a Zelda game you walk over the item/rupee but not here oh no. You have to stop and hit it with your sword. And you have to be dead centre as well just like jumping. And the problem is you need rupees more than anything because some items take rupees away and half of the time you have to backtrack to buy items such as oil and rope.

Honestly while they are awful there aren't so many bad qualities to them. It's just playing Zelda on CDi is like trying to do Carpentry while drunk. It ain't gonna end well. However the music isn't so bad ingame. Cutscenes are corny as hell though. Here's an example.

Sit there and tell me that shit did not make you cringe a little. Once I get around to playing Zelda's Adventure which is the 3rd CDi game I'll review that. Along with Hotel Mario.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-12-31 at 07:02 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dragonball Xenoverse 2: 6/10

The premise of time travelers messing with the Dragonball Z timeline is totally wasted, most of the time the only change is that the enemy glows purple.

The English localisation is terrible but the game looks/runs great and the character creation/gameplay is fun.

Would not recommend for non-DBZ fans.

Battlefleet Gothic Armada: 8/10

Plenty of fun so far, just needs some added polish/depth/Necrons/Tyranids and a single player campaign for some of the other factions.

Definitely the best 40k game since Dawn of War 2.
    Last edited by Frumpy Frumpy Frak; 2016-12-31 at 06:46 AM.
    Garrosh did nothing wrong.
    #MakeTheHordeGreatAgain