10+ Year Old Account
    Heavy rain 4/10. Can't even be bothered to finish it, so sad after b2s. Fucking tank controls and irritating kids.

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Heavy rain 4/10. Can't even be bothered to finish it, so sad after b2s. Fucking tank controls and irritating kids.
    JASON!

I just Finished Shantae: Half-Genie Hero. I dunno, I don't play them because they're hard or anything, just goofy games. An average 6-7/10 game. I definitely liked Pirate's Curse more.

Deleted
    Just finished replaying Half-Life 2, 10/10. If anyone hasn't played it, do it now, you won't regret it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Totikki View Post
    Witcher 3: 10/10

Such a beautiful game and as everyone that have played know how amazing it is. There isnt really any boring side missions. All of those I played had great story and characters or enemies.

The only bad thing I can say is that Geralt sounds so monotone it gets annoying. I know he is a witcher and thats why BUT why do then Vesemir and the other 2 witchers actually show tons of emotions through their voice acting? So I dont buy that.

Anyway, I find it amazing how well done the environment is with the music, so good. I played on Death March and it was kinda difficult at the start but when you got a bit in it was like you played on easy.

And without spoiling, the scene just before the credits. I didnt see that one coming, loved it.

Edit: I have the 2 DLCs but I dont know if I wanna play those. After I finished the main story it feels like meh. Dunno if the story is good for those. And I dont even know how I was able to avoid spoilers for Witcher 3 when everyone have played it.

Started by playing all the side missions in the game but man that started to take up way too much time. Didnt wanna play for 200h. After about ½ way I only went for the main mission and some major NPC side missions, made it so much better for me.
    The DLCs, especially Blood and Wine, might be better than the main game. And most of the side missions are worth it. It's just the treasure hunts you could leave behind, especially if you're already in decent gear.

Deleted
    Marlow Briggs 7.5/10
    Solid fun Game from start to end. Absolute steal for 0.99€.

RimWorld (Alpha 16): 9/10

Just started playing RimWorld Alpha 16. Haven't had this much fun with this type of game since Civ II. Simple to get into yet very complex as you dig down (not Dwarf Fortress complex but that isn't a bad thing). The modding community for the game is robust and on point. Only $30 too! Total bargain. Don't even have to make a "but it's in alpha" qualifier. It would be great if released today as is. If there was multiplayer (and with the new update you can sort of see the beginnings of that possibility), I would probably rate it 10/10.
    Last edited by carnifex2005; 2017-01-25 at 04:11 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bloodborne (and the DLC added): 9.3/10

The aesthetic of this game is unbelievable along with the music. I seriously haven't enjoyed a game like this in years. It's a different kind of immersion compared to something like Skyrim but it works. No game has ever made me want to spend more money for another DLC like Bloodborne. It's so good I don't want it to end. (The Old Hunters is wonderful but a tad bit short.)

Bonus: no shields.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

Battlefield 1 (multiplayer) 9/10

Just because of how immersive it is. Soldiers screaming on the battlefield, random weather effects from sandstorms to rain to fog, mud and water on your weapons, weapons that sound and handle really well, etc. It's just so detailed and although it's not a realistic game they still held true to the WW1 theme (I know many people will complain about little things that are not accurate... :/). It's also really cool how they put these little historical facts everywhere from WW1. You can also unlock Codexes with information on the weapons, tactics, vehicles and the war in general.
    I would give it a 10 if it didn't have the usual BF bugs and glitches, had more stable performance and was more polished, thankfully they already patched a lot of issues. I'm 350 hours in and still having fun. In februari they will release another big patch and in march we get 4 new maps, new vehicles, new weapons and more so it only gets better.

The campaign is btw also pretty good but short. But BF never focused on single player so I doubt anyone expected a long and super good campaign.

Most immersive FPS I've ever played and a very welcome refreshing theme from all the modern and futuristic FPSs we have seen the last couple of years.

10+ Year Old Account
    Life is strange. 7/10. Just a bizarre teen drama at the moment, I just find it well made and oddly endearing. Only on episode 2 for now but I can see me finishing it unlike Heavy Rain.

Jason! Jason! Jsason you little shit what the fuck is wrong with you!

10+ Year Old Account
    Finished Resident Evil 7. I'd give it a cautious 8/10. It does feel like the original trilogy in a lot of ways... but at the same time, almost in a fanservice sort of way. It has themed keys you use to unlock doors, but it feels phoned in compared to how it worked in REmake and RE2. There are extremely simple puzzles you can solve. There is a tiny amount of backtracking, but for the most part the game is fairly linear (unlike REmake.)

Combat is about on par with RE4. It's never really something that's going to be interesting, but it's not offensive, either. The monsters are bland and incredibly boring, but might have been interesting 20 years ago. It feels like they spent all their effort on the Baker family (and particularly Jack) and didn't leave much else. The house and surrounding environments feels very empty, especially if you remove Jack's occasional pop-up appearance out of it.

The plot is standard Resident Evil - blah blah blah infections, blah blah blah evil bioweapons, blah blah blah Redfield/Valentine/Kennedy/etc saves the day. It's functional and I love how they went for a pretty campy attitude towards it. Not quite as good as RE4's, but pretty good. Seems like they co-opted FEAR with the main villain, with the same level of "how fucking retarded are you people?" analysis of their actions and behavior.

Got it for $40 on Gamesplanet and consider it a good deal. I would not recommend paying $60 for it, it's nowhere near good enough to demand that high of a price.

Reviews indicate VR is pretty great for it (PS4Pro only), but that visual quality suffers quite a bit in order to power it.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

15+ Year Old Account
    Civ 6 - 5/10, i just cant get into it like i did with 4 and 5, the game just feels empty and boring.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Elder Scrolls Online.

Started playing it again after quitting it early into it's release. The game has changed quite a bit for the better. It is actually extremely fun at times and gives me the exploration enjoyment I had been missing in recent years.

May just take the place of WoW for a while until 7.2.

Solid 7.5/10

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tart View Post
    Civ 6 - 5/10, i just cant get into it like i did with 4 and 5, the game just feels empty and boring.
    I know that feeling, Civ 5 was fun as hell with all the expansions. Civ 6 is pretty meh. Though I hope DLC may fix it some.

Elite: dangerous. 7/10

Really good game and concept. And still there are tons of features to be added in the future.

But sometimes the game feels kinda repetitive and empy. Sometimes I'm wondering if I'm playing solo or online...

Battlefield 1 (online) - 9/10

While not entirely historically representative of the 'War to end all wars' (Even DICE admits that) Battlefield 1 delivers a fantastic return to analogue 64 player chaos powered by Frostbite photogrammatry.

Pros
    + Weapon balance - Guns fill certain niches but are usable anywhere.
    + Well designed, varied maps - Some like St. Quentin Scar will become classics.
    + Operations - A joyously hectic tug of war style cinematic game mode.
    + Graphics - Frostbite is a truely stunning engine.
    + Behemoths - A point of controversy, but I feel they really add to the game, epsecially those Only in Battlefield moments.
    + Theme - so nice to move away from the post modern/futuristic setting for an FPS. No gimmicky fire and forget weaponry.

Cons
    - Weapon customisation - the semi customisation model doesn't feel great coming from BF4.
    - Some legacy Frostbite engine bugs remain - Vault bouncing, janky physics.
    - Lack of server control tools.
    - Gating content behind DLC. - (French forces)

I've always been a fan of the Battlefield franchise, and Battlefield 1 does not dissapoint. Despite my disdain for DLC, I'm very much looking forward to them as they are always really good quality, and tend to add some of the more interesting aspects of the game. The forth coming They Shall Not Pass DLC, focussing on the French forces, adds the Char 2c super heavy tank as a Behemoth and the Assault Tank, which will be fully utilised in Soissons, one of the four new maps.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Started playing Clicker Heroes again at work after having last played it years ago. Its still basically digital heroin. 9/10 would become addicted again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Far Cry 4: 6/10

Better than I expected it to be honestly. It had the same open world we all know, but with none of the previous games' charm. I defintely felt like doing the same shit over and over and over again, to the point everything became a chore. The story is completely blegh, the NPCs all give the impression they are American 20-somethings instead of people who resemble Nepalese, and the "Golden path" choices pissed me off. Also, it's pretty ridiculous how good the enemy can detect you when you're in the middle of the fucking jungle hiding behind rocks. For a game that puts a lot of its store in immersion, it does a very poor job. The Shangri-la quests were legit though, and the shooting and hunting aspects have gotten better. Snipers and the far away approach are still the best ways to play though.

Ori and the Blind Forest - Definitive Edition: 8/10

Very pretty Metroidvania game, with some annoyances preventing it to reach higher status. For example the character is very small and there's a lot of colorful shit on screen to the point it gets pretty easy to lose sight of what you're doing. Other than that and the backtracking you have to do to a pretty high degree, it's a very good game.
    Last edited by hellhamster; 2017-01-28 at 04:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kingdom Hearts 0.2 Birth By Sleep: A Fragmentary Passage - 9/10

For what it is it is a spectacular game. They still need a little bit of tweaking to get the gameplay back up to the perfection that is Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix, but it's far better than any of the spin offs for sure. The story is cheesy what with all the dark, light, and heart talk but I don't mind it personally. I'm not as invested as I was when I first played Kingdom Hearts when I was like 10 but it's still enjoyable.

Also, one thing this game did better than any other was magic. The magic definitely felt meaty and powerful. Hopefully the magic in KH3 is at the same level. All in all, I am even more excited for Kingdom Hearts 3 and it was already my most anticipated game of all time.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Back to games now. And now for a good one from me.

Gran Turismo (Ps1) 9/10

The most brilliant racing game I have ever played on PS1. Visuals for it's time were brilliant, soundtrack is perfect for driving/racing and the choice of cars while not as big as Gran Turismo 2 was still pretty decent. My only gripe is Arcade Mode is very bare for what it is. Other than that the License system is a good method of progression and has continued throughout the franchise and the Hifi 60 fps is fun when unlocked. However I also think there could have been more GT League Tournaments as well as maybe some more Endurance Races. Imo though Gran Turismo 2 was way better in terms of quality and quantity of in game content.

Ah what the heck a bad game while I'm here too.

Action 52 (NES) 2/10 (This game was hard to find)

Ok so I see this game and think that 52 games on one cartridge was a steal oh boy was I wrong. All of them are bland pieces of garbage that barely constitute a game. The only one being close to a game is Cheetahmen which I'll actually review later but for now back to the full games. A lot of them have 0 depth to them and I mean 0 depth. Example the first game is a 2 player battle game that's it. Nothing special about it. And that happens to be the only 2 player game on the cartridge. A couple of games do not work either such as Alfred n the Fettuc where it just gets stuck on a black screen. Overall this game in my honest opinion is a scam. How it even made it into stores is beyond me.

An example of one of the games. Illuminator. Just look at it. It's so goddamn basic and has no depth to it at all. There are worse games on the cartridge but this is just an example.
    This dude is playing the most random games.

For me: D3 (Season 9): 8/10

While some may find the "season" style of D3 off-putting (having to restart your characters every few months), I find it gives me a good reason to come back and play for a few weeks. There is deep customization with regards to gear, abilities, and passive setups, though there are often "meta" or "fotm" setups for every class. I like finding specs that are fun and just pushing those as far as I can, even if I can't do top-tier stuff.

I can't give it a 10 because I think there are some gains to be had with regards to RNG. It's obviously integral to the gearing, but sometimes it's frustrating to reroll over and over and over for no gain. Even with blood shards and kanai's cube, it's still a crap shoot if you're looking for a specific item.

Quote Originally Posted by Varaben View Post
    This dude is playing the most random games.

For me: D3 (Season 9): 8/10

While some may find the "season" style of D3 off-putting (having to restart your characters every few months), I find it gives me a good reason to come back and play for a few weeks. There is deep customization with regards to gear, abilities, and passive setups, though there are often "meta" or "fotm" setups for every class. I like finding specs that are fun and just pushing those as far as I can, even if I can't do top-tier stuff.

I can't give it a 10 because I think there are some gains to be had with regards to RNG. It's obviously integral to the gearing, but sometimes it's frustrating to reroll over and over and over for no gain. Even with blood shards and kanai's cube, it's still a crap shoot if you're looking for a specific item.
    I'm a collector. I have all sorts of terrible, awesome and rare games and consoles. Played The Crow on Sega Saturn so I'll probably make that my next bad game and as for a good game I think I might do something from the PS2 era.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-01-28 at 04:35 PM.

Deleted
    Finished Epic Battle Fantasy 4, which came with a humble bundle.

Fun game. Didn't care much for the type of humour, but the battle system is well done, and there's a lot of small details that show off how much love the developer has put into the game. Switched the game to easy for the last boss, as I was kind of done with the game at that point. Still, was a fun game, although ultimately not very memorable.

7/10