Herald of the Titans Lotus Victoria's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    Saint's Row 2 (PC Port) - 8/10
    I really want to play Saints Row 2. SR3 and 4 are too "crazy" for my tastes. SR2 looks like a fine balance between story and humor. Unfortunately the PC port runs like ass in my computer, so I'm not going to play it soon.

Legacy of Kain Blood Omen: Revisting after ....a LOOONG time..graphics don't hold up but the story and voice acting is still fantastic...other than the "OH PLEASE HELP ME KIND SIR" from the captured victims..other then that a good look back at what vampires were pre twilight

No Man's Sky: 6/10

Got bored of it quick. Just lot of empty space with gameplay that isn't exactly stimulating.

No Man's Sky: 5/10

Could only stand about 4 hours. IGN and polygon reviews are pretty spot on for how I feel about it.

Far Cry 3 - Blood Dragon: 8.5/10

Second play-through, first was about 2.5 years ago. Still funny.

Continuing my bad game trend.

Sonic R- Saturn 1/10

Nothing much to say tbh. Poor mans Sonic the Hedgehog version of Mario Kart. Controls are stiff and game just feels very shallow. However the music is actually pretty cool especially Super Sonic Racing but sadly does not redeem the game. Might continue in a week or so with some more bad sonic games since I've been told there is a few.

Currently playing Super Mario World for Super Nintendo.

10/10

Considering when it came out, it is still amazing today.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DayDayKnucks View Post
    Currently playing Super Mario World for Super Nintendo.

10/10

Considering when it came out, it is still amazing today.
    One of the best games ever made bruv, still to this day.

Man this one hurts: Witcher 3 6/10.

I know I am late to the party. But this series was something special to me, so I wanted to wait for a new PC to play it in its maxed out glory. Yesterday I finished the main game without expansions. I honestly don't understand how this game got all these perfect scores.

The combat is nice and fluid, but gets repetitive pretty fast. Your skills actually don't change the way you fight. They just make you even more overpowered than you are anyway. After lvl 10-15 there is no challenge left in this game, even on death march (highest difficulty). All this talk about reading books, making bombs, brew potions, prepare for the monster, .... all bollocks. You spam left click. Even on highest difficulty. You spam leftclick. Thats it. You can do all of the above to completely trivialize things but most of the time you are fine with dodging, keeping quen up and spamming left click.

The open world is propably the best that has ever been built. But it doesnt change the fact that you are still just running around from one ? on the map to the next. The whole ship and swimming part felt unnecessary.

But its obvious the whole open world part came with a hefty price on what made the witcher games great: the story. Its hard to believe this are the same guys that wrote W1 and W2. The Wild Hunt (the games named after them) is pathetic. Really. They have about 15 minutes of screentime and their king talks about 5 sentences. The whole plot just shouts: We have cut corners, there was supposed to be something more here. You get introduced to interesting characters and in 2 seconds they are gone and never to be seen again, although they announce you will meet them again soon. The whole decisionmaking between different shades of grey got changed into purely good or purely evil choices. I hardly ever got surprised with the outcome. Half of the characters that owned Geralt everything didn't even bother to show up. And some others seem to have been brainwashed into suddenly liking geralt despite his actions in the books/previous games. You do a load of useless stuff like, spending 30 hours helping a guy in trade for the information "she went to novigrad". Great thanks that would have been my next stop anyway. Or rescuing the lodge of sorceresses only for them to look pretty on your boat and have 1 line of dialogue. The list goes on.

I heard good things about the expansions, but I have no desire left to play them. The game is good if you are into running around in god mode oneshotting 30 bandit camps. But it fails in the story telling department, especially for a witcher game.
    Last edited by Faldric; 2016-10-10 at 10:48 PM.

World of Warcraft Legion: 7/10

Great game definitely an improvement over Warlords but eh failed to keep my interest over time and I just got bored. World quests got stale even going at it casually, Emerald Nightmare was not a fun raid imo and legendaries are really meh. However levelling was great, dungeons are pretty good, professions are interesting now it's not just spam click the trainer and Mythic + is an interesting feature that I hope is developed upon.

Oh and sticking to my bad game thing.

The Terminator- NES 1.7/10. Awful game. 5 second music that loops, looks like vomit, aiming and shooting is a pain in the ass, very limited on the number of lives which is six and you only get these every so often. Platforming is awful as well since if you land on something half the time you just go through it because of how you have to position your jumps.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-10-11 at 01:18 AM.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arandan View Post
    I rarely, if ever, agree with Fencers. But she is absolutely correct here. You're simply wrong. You can't say that 2-3 button gameplay is bad. Its exactly what Fencers is saying, the gameplay must reflect design. Tetris is a great game, and played with three buttons.

Herald of the Titans Drunkenfinn's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Path of Exile 9/10

Mostly because I'm a masochist that likes to play HC.
    I love the complexity of the game. Making builds is fun, but it only becomes fun once you've made like 20 botched builds to learn how to make proper ones, lol. And once you've spent hours upon hours studying stuff on the wiki / reddit / forums.

I'd give it 10/10 if the games engine wasn't such a steaming pile of shit where you can't really do proper party-play without lagging even on a $10,000 gaming PC. And maybe if they fixed some of the bullshit stuff that can one-shot you outta nowhere. And maybe if they fixed melee.

But yeah... It's a pretty great ARPG. If it had D3s engine and maybe some of the cooler features from D3 and a few other ARPGs it'd be perfect.

Ah what the hell another 3 I've picked up recently!

Path of Exile- 8/10. I'm godawful at it but it's quite a good game to say it takes it's inspiration from early ARPGS like Diablo 2. Combat feels a little sluggish however and it might just be my PC but certain settings cause it to stutter. Amazing ARPG and free to play. What Diablo 3 should have been initially imo.

Papers Please- 9/10. Pretty awesome Indie game for how simple it is. However later on it does test how well you can notice discrepancies. Good game, simple design but gets a bit more tougher later on which is fine.

Goat Simulator- 7/10. You can be a bugged goat. I don't really need to say anymore other than bugged goat with a Jetpack. Not a game meant to be taken seriously and just played for a laugh like Surgeon Simulator.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-10-11 at 01:34 AM.

Gears of War 4 (8 out of 10).

Score may change after I play more pvp and some horde mode. Loved the Campaign.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Deleted
    Project X Zone 2 (N3DS) - 7.5/10

Loved the references and many characters from different of my favorite franchises.
    Devil May Cry, Shenmue, Tekken, Street Fighter, Virtua Fighter, Phoenix Wright etc
    There is little strategy unfortunately but the gameplay is decent. Gets a little bit repetitive after a while but is so much fun to do the ultimate habilities.
    Visually the game is amazing.

Dead by Daylight 7/10

Has issues like the games being peer2peer and not dedicated so if the killer has shitty upload speed or shit internet overall you will rubber band like crazy ingame, like take 1 step and you run into a tree that is 8 meters further....
    Can check this in a lobby by spamming 1 2 3 in chat and seeing if it appears straight away, if so you're good to go, if not look for another lobby.

Also as a beginner you start at rank 20, and 1 being the highest, and at this low rank killers just face camp you on the hook so almost impossible to save someone off it, and also very few people come for to get you off in the first place ( scared to get whacked by the killer )

But the concept is nice, play hide and seek with the killer, repair generators with random '' skill checks '' or sabotage killer hooks with a toolbox, graphics are alright for what the game is and sometimes its really tense, as per usual if you play with 1 to 3 friends as survivor buddies you get more fun and skill out of it as a survivor cause teamplay and voice comms.

Retails for 20 euro/dollar on steam but got it for 11 euro from Kinguin, they sell steam vouchers ( basically the codes you get with buying a Nvidia 950 GPU and getting either Death By Daylight or another game to choose from after using the code on a Nvidia page ) so for that price I cant complain, game also activated fine on my steam account and as a game I play a few rounds of every day when I need a break from WoW or there isn't much to do on there I give it 7/10 for what its given me so far.

Mafia 3 6.5/10

Everytime I play it all I think think about is how much this game needed another 6 months of development time or so. The story, shooting, vehicles and stealth are all fun. The repetitive missions are fine because the core gameplay is there. However things like the physics engine are busted, textures are low res and the world feels hollow.

I'm enjoying it, I'll finish it because the story is great and the repetitive missions are fun to do but there's many glaring issues that tell me this game is unfinished and simply shouldn't of been released this early. Unfinished products are a no go. I'd say it definately worth playing at a discounted price but unfinished products shouldn't demand full AAA price. It could've been a 9/10 game, it isn't for glaringly obvious reasons.

Batman Arkham Knight - 7/10

It was fun but it got repetitive. I didn't find the Batmobile to be as annoying as most reviewers said it was. It also ran like crap. My 780 is starting to become an aging card but the game didn't look anywhere near good enough to justify low settings in order to maintain 60 fps.

Herald of the Titans Lotus Victoria's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Final Fantasy Tactics - 10/10.
    Amazing story, great graphics (spritework is amazing, even if low-res nowadays), unique and memorable soundtrack and the best gameplay in it's genre.

Quote Originally Posted by Lotus Victorya View Post
    Final Fantasy Tactics - 10/10.
    Amazing story, great graphics (spritework is amazing, even if low-res nowadays), unique and memorable soundtrack and the best gameplay in it's genre.
    I should definitely start a new run :-)

World of Warcraft: Legion - 6/10
    Polished, smooth, nice graphics and decent story.
    Repetitive, grindy, time consuming and boring talent system.
    Well met!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post
    Man even if Blizzard gave players bars of gold, they would complain that they were too heavy.