Thread: Method bans

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm less than sympathetic. Especially since they will most likely unban within a week. Even if they don't, I imagine they'll have fully geared replacements within a month. If your willing to raid in the extreme "World First" race environment you most likely have other accounts with 90's. Probably should have used one of those to sell your services.
    You either die a Varian, or live long enough to see yourself become a Thrall...

Seems kind of lame, Not only is their a group of guys who sell CM modes gold on Twitch (thats all they do), Ive seen guilds on my server and other streamers offering the same services.

Deleted
    I guess just like in real-life. He will have his suspension lifted once enough of his fans will threaten to quit WoW. You can take my word for it and look up Swifty server crashes as evidence.

Expansion is over so who really cares, not like gear was wasted, and there's plenty of time and even free level 90s for the next hurdle.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alasuya View Post
    Perm ban for this is harsh. 1 month ban should set a good enough example.
    No way this should be a perma ban. these assholes already get sponsor money any other player would have been perm banned and no one would have given a shit. just because this person plays 12 hours a day doesn't mean they should get special treatment.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    No way this should be a perma ban. these assholes already get sponsor money any other player would have been perm banned and no one would have given a shit. just because this person plays 12 hours a day doesn't mean they should get special treatment.
    Celebrities ALWAYS get special treatment.

Where are Duality's permabans? lol

10+ Year Old Account
    One would assume they'll buy the game again, level up and in a few days/weeks be pretty much where they were unless they already have a second account. I agree with both sides a little bit: It was justified and it's not a big deal. Method knows this and so does Blizzard. It's not like it's rocket science. Apart from the expense and hassle of starting over fresh any permaban is a slap on the wrist.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by ben- View Post
    Seems kind of lame, Not only is their a group of guys who sell CM modes gold on Twitch (thats all they do), Ive seen guilds on my server and other streamers offering the same services.
    All of whom risk a ban.

Just like those people who sell raid runs for real $$$. I believe gold is fine though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Does getting banned mean jack now adays?

Itd take Method a week to get their new chars up and running, and half a year worth of MoP left...

this changes nothin
    Free-To-Play is the future.

Quote Originally Posted by D R E A D E D View Post
    Where are Duality's permabans? lol
    Why would Duality get a ban?

Quote Originally Posted by Dzudzadzo View Post
    I guess just like in real-life. He will have his suspension lifted once enough of his fans will threaten to quit WoW. You can take my word for it and look up Swifty server crashes as evidence.
    Except Swifty did not actually cause the crash personally, nor was it directly breaking any rules. The server buckled under the weight of his fans following him around and he was banned. That's a pretty god damn huge leap from selling challenge mode gear for real money.

Except Swifty probably has a MUCH larger fan base and contributes a lot back to the WoW community. Not to mention Swifty was not caught trying to sell items for irl money. He was banned for crashing a server which was not really his fault anyway. I could really care less about leeds. Selling achievements for real money deserves a perma ban.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Why would they even do this? Seems silly.
    Simply because people offer to pay for it in real money because they don't have gold.

I still can't believe it, but it happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Mudor View Post
    i dont get it
    Mythic raid difficulty is 20m only so all 25m Mythic progression guilds will have to drop 5 players.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow lol. Well it's a shame he broke the ToS so blatantly, he really does deserve what he got. Everyone who does that kind of thing does. That is literally paying to win, which is something most people complain about happening. Your achievement should be earned, not bought with real cash or in game gold. He was a great player, in a great guild. But really he got what he deserved. No one would be sympathizing with him, or doing this ridiculous hashtag crap if he weren't in a big name guild. This guild fanboy culture is so odd to me lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Method members probably have one get out of jail free card, he will be unbanned soon.
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post
    Except Swifty did not actually cause the crash personally, nor was it directly breaking any rules. The server buckled under the weight of his fans following him around and he was banned. That's a pretty god damn huge leap from selling challenge mode gear for real money.
    The Swifty ban was the correct call. He didn't just a crash a single server, he crashed multiple servers and told viewers to go that server. He told his viewers to spam in-game chat repeatedly. He disrupted people from playing the game multiple times, which is against the ToS.

He can play the whole "I discouraged viewers to act in the way that they did" but it's a bad argument given his actions.

That was an extreme case. I doubt people will go that far this time.

I mean, does anyone actually care about Method?

I believe what they meant they got banned for is selling the Pay per view stream of method doing the live raid, considering this ban happened day after Blizzcon.

"for all wondering. perma banned for all i know is 'the stream challenge mode thing' - i was selling them for IRL money which is not okay;1/3"

At least thats my take on it