Deleted

Is this possible?

I'd really like to find/create an addon for Blade Flurry. What I want it to do, is draw a circle underneath the player sort of like Shroud of Concealment, just in the appropriate size so it's easier to tell what the radius of you Blade Flurry is.

Is this possible?

The only way you'll have a chance on pulling this off is though addons similar to the range tool in DBM ( A small radar box) one exists for killing spree usage, but as far as an actual on-the-floor circle, those days went one the window when blizzard broke AVR in ICC days.

Deleted
    Ah that sucks.. Is it difficult to go by creating an addon like the DBM radar, from scratch and with no experience?

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard has removed or blocked almost EVERYTHING that could even be remotely useful in their API. I can't tell you how many of my old macros and addons and such that I've tried using give me LUA error pop-ups, or blocked functions.

There have been several abilities and such that I would love to see an addon for, exactly like what you're describing. It's just not possible, as far as I know, because that function could be construed as cheating or giving you an unfair advantage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    Blizzard has removed or blocked almost EVERYTHING that could even be remotely useful in their API.
    For good reason too. Any time it's possible to do so, players will come up with some addon that does their work for them. CTRA in vanilla being the most notable example: you could play a healer and heal and dispel just by mashing one button. If someone needed dispelling it used the appropriate spell and targeted them based on a priority list, and if not then it would heal the tanks as necesasry, and if the tanks were fine then it would heal the lowest health raid member, and if no one needed healing the button would do nothing.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

Quote Originally Posted by Alltat View Post
    For good reason too. Any time it's possible to do so, players will come up with some addon that does their work for them. CTRA in vanilla being the most notable example: you could play a healer and heal and dispel just by mashing one button. If someone needed dispelling it used the appropriate spell and targeted them based on a priority list, and if not then it would heal the tanks as necesasry, and if the tanks were fine then it would heal the lowest health raid member, and if no one needed healing the button would do nothing.
    I set up my system like that for kicks and giggles once. You forgot where it chooses the spell level that was appropriate to heal up that dude to a predefined percentage. It was ridiculous how efficient that type of healing was. I had no clue, T1 and I outperformed healers in Naxx 40, it was in general always a good decision by Blizzard to block those mechanics.

Deleted
    Yeah, this is essentially what AVR used to do (pseudo-draw in the 3D world). Not possible anymore.

Also, we can't do it on a 2D radar thing because the API doesn't expose coordinates for NPCs/mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Treeston View Post
    Yeah, this is essentially what AVR used to do (pseudo-draw in the 3D world). Not possible anymore.

Also, we can't do it on a 2D radar thing because the API doesn't expose coordinates for NPCs/mobs.
    How big is the range of the rogue aoe?
    I have a tracker I wrote that just counts the number of distinct guid's who white-hit each tank in the last few seconds - it isn't foolproof, but it is handy for determining if its worth activating FnB, or if I won't get enough embers back to continue.

Quote Originally Posted by rijn dael View Post
    How big is the range of the rogue aoe?
    I have a tracker I wrote that just counts the number of distinct guid's who white-hit each tank in the last few seconds - it isn't foolproof, but it is handy for determining if its worth activating FnB, or if I won't get enough embers back to continue.
    It's ~5yards from the rogue.

The problem is generally in a heavy AOE situation, the mobs will begin to fan out around the tank, and the rogue needs to be within 5yards of up to 4 of them to max his blade flurry potential.

Quote Originally Posted by blackblade View Post
    It's ~5yards from the rogue.

The problem is generally in a heavy AOE situation, the mobs will begin to fan out around the tank, and the rogue needs to be within 5yards of up to 4 of them to max his blade flurry potential.
    Ah, probably no use then - FnB is 10yard around whichever target you are on which is large enough everything will be in range, all that matters is how many things are in the group.

Deleted
    Wouldnt it be possible to create a weakaura that tells how many targets are in the range?

Quote Originally Posted by Rangz View Post
    Wouldnt it be possible to create a weakaura that tells how many targets are in the range?
    No, it wouldn't

Quote Originally Posted by Rangz View Post
    Not a general check for numbers, but you can check on a per-target basis.
    I am wondering if the spell range check could apply to nameplates, as a visible indicator if within a certain range or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Not a general check for numbers, but you can check on a per-target basis.
    I am wondering if the spell range check could apply to nameplates, as a visible indicator if within a certain range or not.
    ...and if you do decide to use this, get a library lib LibRangeCheck to do the hard work for you, rather than reinventing it.

Deleted
    Only for any nameplates that currently have a unitID (e.g. someone in your raid is targeting them).

There's an addon called RangeDisplay that kind of does this. Blade Flurry is 8yd around the player. I don't think we have any targeted spells with a 0-8yd range, so it wouldn't be very accurate.

My advice: get a scrolling combat text addon that will display the ability icon next to the damage. That way you'll know BF is hitting things when you see the icon. Otherwise, just get used to the range. In SoO at least, I have no problem positioning such that everything I want to cleave gets cleaved.