Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    yeah but if they don't keep current population "happy" subs will bleed out and I don't think they want that

I think both wow and d3 was really weak, I will try both out, but I'd say this blizzcon felt more like a datamine rather than blizzcon

I agree WoD lacks features. Apart from the new world (Draenor) there really isnt anything major in the announcement.
    Lore wise its an awesome era but apart from the lore there just isnt anything really appealing.

Quote Originally Posted by ACPrime View Post
    Have to disagree there. As a player that's been playing since release, new character models are on the top of my list when it comes to selling points for the next expansion.
    Yeah but come on, they first announced those character models like two years ago, and they're not even going to all be done for WoD launch. That's hardly expansion content that's going to set the world on fire.

Plus, god, you people who get hyped over character models: Do you not wear armor? I'm never going to see anything new except the back of my head, and only then if I have my helmet off. And I play zoomed out too much to give a shit if some NPC dwarf's beard is animated better.

You guys do realize that even though some of these features might feel like "patch" features, there are actually quite a lot of them. A patch would only have one maybe two of these features if it was lucky..but this expansion will have everything a new expansion has(without the race/class) plus lots of new features.

The only thing i was really disappointed to head was that there will only be 7 new dungeons, only 4 of which available from 90-100. But even with that, with all the stuff they're doing to questing and adventuring in general, i don't even want to spam dungeons anymore..1 every 2-3 levels is quite fine for me

Quote Originally Posted by owbu View Post
    housing, new character models and inventory management were some of the most asked for feature in the last years.
    Questing also got updated from boring to fast paced and varied, although we dont quite know, what that means, yet.
    The raiding system got more flexible, the heroic raid size was changed. (hey I didnt say it was just positive change
    s, but its big )
    If they will announce harder premade heroic dungeons (since there are normal lvl 100 dungeons now), we will have something big for every part of the game.

I would call that more stuff than ever. It just hast got the usual "new race, new class" stuff, that, in my opinion, never really helped the game anyways, but was just a fun thing to do for a couple of hours, till you got back to your main.

And lots of the features probably need actual playing, because they are less graspable than "new race!", where we instantly know how that will feel like.
    You make a good point, and i don't know exactly what i was looking for but its still seems under-whelming. I'm thinking it might be because of the lack of information on the new stuff. Or something to get me hooked on like a piece of the story line or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Swizzlington View Post
    When you are nitpicking, expect to get nitpicked in return.
    It just didn’t seem like a tangible nick-pick. Now this seems more of a personal attack than a nick-pick. Again I could have editing my post to say new character models =/= new races for lots of us. Still would have made the same point I am trying to convey.

I have no quarrels with WoW. I love it and have been playing for almost 9 years. This is the first time I haven’t been impressed with an expansion reveal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Agree.
    As a warcraft fan, I personally am excited for this - the changes and story appeal to me and the features seem interesting, especially garrison, but I don't see how this is a whole expansion. I told me two RL friends about the new expansion announcement, they are both very casual on and off players who don't pay attention to news at all, they're the kind that know about a new patch the day the new patch comes out.

They were excited at first then asked "what is the new race or class" I said there was none and their excitement immediately changed to disappointment.

Oh and I'm still holding out hope that they didn't announce all the features. Hopefully they will announce some bigger additions later when they're more ready to show them.

-A new class
    I seriously never expected a new class to come out this expansion. Those take a lot of effort, and they are sort of an every other expansion kind of thing. But think of it like this - next expansion is bound to be a demon-centric expansion, and will very likely feature the demon hunter.

-New Race
    I definitively agree this is a missed opportunity. Playable Ogres would have been awesome. Though I am not 100% certain what the alliance would be getting. I can see why it didn't happen from a development time perspective. Blizzard seem to have spent a lot of time on the player models. Unreasonably long time even; these were announced back in Cata. Two + years later, they have 3 / 16 vanilla race models to show for it. Obviously something is up; may I presume Titan has been draining artist time?

-Option in LFG to play Dungeons at content level with lvling friends/for fun with scaled down gear, reward would be somewhat beneficial
    I fully expect the timewalker dungeons to happen, doing exactly this. If not at patch 6.0, at least in a later content patch. Rewards likely to be valor points.

-Same idea as above but for Raids, award would maybe be only for show like FoS given for completing raids at content level with maybe a meta-achievement for completing them all like a unique transmog set like for Challenge mode dungeons
    This is a cool idea. But I am not sure it would be used much. I mean, sure, doing an old raid is good and all. But why bother downscaling yourself when you could go in and solo it? The reason we raid is for the epic loot. Take that away, and it's not really happening.

-4th spec
    I agree this needs to happen some day. But not all classes have a clear-cut 4th spec.

-Tri-talent specialization
    They should make it easy to do all this in an addon, and we wouldn't really need even dual speccing.

-New profession
    I would actually MUCH prefer a sanitizing of the professions. Make the ones we have good, rather than to add new ones.
    - New crafting UI that isn't hostile to the end user.
    I mean, that is a 6 line window holding a list of 1500 recipes?
    How about giving me a filter for relevant recipes?
    Last used recipes?

-New secondary profession
    Garrison.

-Option to have a 3rd profession
    The point of the professions is that you're not supposed to have them all. You're supposed to buy stuff from fellow players. By putting more professions into one character, you dramatically reduce the market that player needs. As such, a 3rd profession will likely never happen.

-Black Market AH expanded with more items, or maybe a new BMAH with other items.
    I fully believe the BMAH will continue its role as a gold sink, even in the new expansion. There is no reason to remove this aspect of the game.

-Option to scale up/down questing zones for alts and choose how to level, no set path (You could level to 100 in only Azeroth zones, or start in Outlands).
    I think this will be very tricky to do?
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    ofc - they seen the timeless island worked without any complains - now they make it a continent instead of an island and call it the new xpac
    You're kidding right? No complaints? Uh, there were A Lot of complaints. Rares having too little hp, gearing being to easy, bloody coins ganking(PvP Server), not being able to farm bloody coins(PvE sever), the low rep from the mobs for the huge grind, Ordos being locked to legendary only, and im sure more. Timeless isle had nothing but complaints. There is no way you can say with a straight face "timeless island had no complaints".

OT:Yes, there is too few features. I was excited for Cata, and MoP. With my guild having the possibility of heroics being ripped from us due to not being able to recruit skilled raiders for our time slots, I just can't get excited for this expansion. It feels like a joke to even call an expansion when they are giving so little and potentially ruining a lot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forgon View Post
    Maybe this is just a rumor, it was the talk of the evening in my guild today. The way they were talking made it seem legitimate from some source. Can’t be sure now though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Synstir View Post
    You'll find it on frontpage mmo-c, it is one of the points mentioned in one of the panels.
    Just checked up on it. No flying until 6.1 wasn't set in stone, said they might. It's not wise to deal with what-ifs. I don't, anyways. Unless Blizz specifically says "You won't be able to fly until 6.1" then I'm not going to believe it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakpoth View Post
    I find it unreasonable to ask for other than obvious reasons, when the reason obviously is the obvious reason.
    Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch.../dalaran/ryuji

Song that's currently stuck in my head: pretty much anything from Dance With the Dead

15+ Year Old Account
    I have the same feelings aswell. WoD is a great content patch, but not worthy of an expansion.

New things coming in WoD:
    - Garrisons
    - ?????

Other announcements were just tuning of stats, giving players a couple new abilities and changing raid size to 20 man. If someone thinks these are some new things or features, he must be looking at things highly subjectively (aka Blizzard Fanboy). It really isn't nothing else than changing 2 numerical values in their code, 25 on one row to 20, 10 on one row to 20. And Item Squish, it isn't a thing even worthy of presenting.

So what if they scale all gear and ability values down by X%? It isn't a really complicated mathematical problem to solve and doesn't effect gameplay by one bit.

New models? Great, they finally updated their 2005 already-outdated graphical models to something a bit better looking.

And you get more bag space! WOAH! HUGE feature.

Come on, really?!

All things said, I still am looking forward to playing WoD and WoW in general. But that doesn't mean the expansion is good per se.
    Last edited by Puupi; 2013-11-11 at 10:17 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Deleted
    People are acting as this is the final expansion, calm down and carry on people. Plenty more to come i am sure, this is just a prelude.

Quote Originally Posted by Requite View Post
    People are acting as this is the final expansion, calm down and carry on people. Plenty more to come i am sure, this is just a prelude.
    Prelude or not, it will cost the same as the others and should have actual new features other then the garrison. We will still have to wait for other expansions to come out before putting this one behind us.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DeeTwelve View Post
    Plus, god, you people who get hyped over character models: Do you not wear armor? I'm never going to see anything new except the back of my head, and only then if I have my helmet off. And I play zoomed out too much to give a shit if some NPC dwarf's beard is animated better.

haha feel the same. my back would look exacly the same only cloak animation will be a little bit different and maybe movement animation will be different(but i like old one as well).

oooh and face of my character in upper left corner will be different(hope it wont be so different because I liked my Forsaken w/o a jaw).

Quote Originally Posted by ACPrime View Post
    Have to disagree there. As a player that's been playing since release, new character models are on the top of my list when it comes to selling points for the next expansion. Also, people are forgetting we are getting a whole continent worth of content. Not an island, not an instance .. a continent. Really, the only thing "missing" that sets this announcement apart from older expansion announcements is the lack of a class and/or race. I for one am glad they aren't adding a new class and to be honest, the new skins almost count as completely new races to me

With BC, we got a whole new continent, and two new races, and a new profession, and the introduction of flying......With this xpac, we're getting a "redo" of the BC continent, we're getting a redo of 1-2 raids from Vanilla, updates for races that were well overdue (Hell, it blows my mind that they haven't even updated stupid squirrels and had the balls to release the crap old model with different names as "new" wild pets in MoP). Garrisons are just another time-wasting mini-game (like pet battles), only they won't exist beyond that expansion (they're on the "new" continent which equals temporary, like our farms) and that won't be viable for altoholics given their per-character nature. The whole Orc thing is already old from this expansion, and we're stuck with it for a full new one.....

Quote Originally Posted by Danner View Post
    I definitively agree this is a missed opportunity. Playable Ogres would have been awesome. Though I am not 100% certain what the alliance would be getting. I can see why it didn't happen from a development time perspective. Blizzard seem to have spent a lot of time on the player models. Unreasonably long time even; these were announced back in Cata. Two + years later, they have 3 / 16 vanilla race models to show for it. Obviously something is up; may I presume Titan has been draining artist time?
    I agree about the ogres, but I don't think it would work without the Alliance actually getting a logical race. Perhaps if they were adding Arakkoa (which we would be fighting throughout Draenor, probably)... I can easily see ogres in the next expansion, Blizzard already gave them character models with real items.

Quote Originally Posted by Danner View Post
    I think this will be very tricky to do?
    Right, but wouldn’t that be exciting? Regardless if it’s tricky, it that could happen it would be awesome!

-New models make up for no new race or class, its like giving us 8 new races, just check gnome female, a lot of work was put into these models. Love them so far.
    -Pandaria had new class and race but i really wish it didnt.
    -Followers eh i didnt read much about them but i hope i wont have to bother with some silly pet like npcs following me, if i wanted to have a pet i would play a hunter not a warrior.
    -Garrison could be oki but it seems like not enough customization in it, after 2 months everyone will have the same looking garrison. would rather see something more like WildStar did.

Basically everyone I know has assumed this was me messing with them, that there's some hidden feature that we don't know about.

Otherwise it's been pretty well written off as filler content.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"