What happens to your garrison after the next expansion comes out?

I have never understood the calls for player homes, especially, when its disconnected from the game world, I just can't see getting into playing house all on my own. This version of it seems particularly odd to me though since it will only be good for a year and a half tops. Like a lot of the reveals for this expansion I just don't get it, I guess the game is for a totally different crowd of people than it used to cater to, which is fine, just can't see the point of most of these mini games they keep adding.

Yeah, the Garrison sounds neat, but I was wondering how they will keep it relevant. Then I read their comment about how they want to start intentionally compartmentalizing content so it's only relevant in that expansion. That feels like a huge waste of a good idea to me. At least they said something about being able to move Garrisons, so maybe in the future they could always add plots for them in other areas.

Whining? OMGNOWAI!

The point is to give you something to do when you aren't raiding. What happens after WoD? Too early to tell. Maybe we will get a new Garrison. Maybe we will get to move our Garrison to the new locations.

Quote Originally Posted by Togarox View Post
    The point is to give you something to do when you aren't raiding. What happens after WoD? Too early to tell. Maybe we will get a new Garrison. Maybe we will get to move our Garrison to the new locations.
    Why bother to do the raids? The gear is only going to be good for one tier. <harrumpfh>

I like how they keep the ideas relevant to the expansion and located within it. That means the "sub" things to do will be unique per expansion and in tune with the type of expansion it is. With that being said, let's enjoy garrisons while we have them. Live in the moment, baby!

10+ Year Old Account
    Well they did say you can move your garrison so maybe they will just keep adding upgrades to it every xpac and you can move it to the newer zones
    My channel: Shirgadirth I used to do let's play's but now I do reviews, but not very often. Far too busy from school. Also too poor to buy games :P

Why are you worrying about this when the garrisons aren't even out yet, honeslty?
    Where i upload all my music:
    My Soundcloud!

it will be lost and fogoten, like your farm in MoP,like Shaatrath after Wrath, like Dalaran after cata, like SW,ORG after MoP

Why bother to do the raids? The gear is only going to be good for one tier. <harrumpfh>
    Like I said, I'm not interested in a player house myself, but it does seem like it would be in the category of pets and mounts that you keep, and not like items you ditch for the next best version. Although since transmog even items might have more lasting appeal.

there is a quote about the dev they want those kind of future to be "just for current xpack" like the farm, once mop is done going back to your farm is pointless and the same will happen for the garrison.

Going forward the team will try to compartmentalize the systems added in an expansion to the expansion they were added in. A good example of this is the farm added in MoP. Once WoD is released, you shouldn't have much of a reason to go back to MoP and work on your farm.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Deleted
    I think that if they the whole garrison-idea turns to be successful, they will be expanding it to incoming other expansions too.

Blizzard did say they prefer to compartmentalize content to their expansions to avoid having too many things to update. That said;

• Garrisons are a great feature with a lot of potential.
    • But they're also self-sustaining.
    • Like the 'Pet Battles' system, they already have a dedicated UI.
    • The tech to move/rebuild them already exists.

Even if Blizz don't add new features to Garrisons next expansion, I'm betting they'll still be relevant.

Deleted
    Probably the same thing that happens to the Pandaria farm this expansion, it gets left behind. If the concept is really successful they build upon it further and reinvent it, only the next time even better.

Deleted
    I expect that if the concept is super popular, they'll redo it in the next expansion, but with more features, racial architecture and the ability to place it in any zone you like. This will then remain your constant base for future expansions. I expect Guild Garrisons will also be put in.