[Protection] I feel like I get hit way too hard, what's going wrong?

Hi all.

So this week, my guild couldn't kill Garrosh, unfortunately. Every second week the healers and I always notice I am getting hit like an absolute truck. Like, 300k per hit on Garrosh. I honestly feel like I'm a bad player because of this.

I feel like I should have 100% eternal flame uptime but there are two problems for me with this...
    1) I have low (imo) haste, which means getting 5 bastion of glory stacks means I won't have EF up AT ALL for 5+ seconds.
    2) I sometimes know that I'm going to get hit hard, so I'll save those 5 stacks (without an active EF up) - for 10 or so seconds, until I get hit, and then use it to get me back up.

Both of these factors mean I seem to have low EF uptime. What are your thoughts on this?

Secondly, my rotation is mainly to get 3 holy power, and SoTR every time I'm at 3. I do this to build 5 stacks of bastion. When I'm at 5 stacks and 3 holy power, I pop Eternal Flame.

When I know I'm going to take a big hit, I use my cooldowns. During Garrosh's aoe whirl i'll use my trinket, etc. I feel like garrosh is a hard fight to know when to use cooldowns on, because he doesn't have that many mechanics, he just hits like a truck, which makes it hard to use CD's effectively.

Here is my armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Anteara/simple

Here is our logs: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/hfipumniblsypoic/
    These are from tonight.

I don't know what I can do to make myself better in terms of damage taken and healing needed.
    I really need help with this, because I feel like I'm holding my guild back if I can't improve this.

Thanks.

Garrosh is the hardest hitting boss in the raid, by far.

Also your haste, as you mentioned, is very low for that gear level. I was at about 19.8k at 545, now dropped slightly to about 19.4k(553 iLvl) due to some gear improvements(530 Legs dropped for 561 Tier).

Your gear overall is actual DPS gear, which is really not optimal at all. Crit on gear is only worth it if paired with Haste(Like Ring/Helm from Spoils). Also I see no reason to run 2 Stamina trinkets, I run with Thok's N(561) and Spark of Zandalari N(530) and managed to tank Garrosh fine until we called it with a pug. Stamina in the end is not going to solve your issue.

For talents, go with Sacred Shield. Eternal Flame is not worth it unless you have 4pc really, and even then it's fight specific(I would never take EF on Spoils for example).

Good tip for tanking, Bank 5 HP before you tank swap, then you can have good uptime on Shield for the duration that you are tanking him. Do not mindlessly use Shield when the boss is not hitting you(casting stuff, etc.)

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't worry about haste levels since that will come with better gear, you can go just fine with your haste.

Your health is way too high for 10 man and for your current content, you could sacrifice one stamina trinket and use a haste one. Matter of preference though.

And yes, Garrosh hits like truck, you just have to understand when those big hits are coming with some extra damage and plan accordingly. P1 you handle regular hits with DP, meta procs and SOTR (try to get meta gem ASAP, and improve your SOTR uptime, it seems way too low for your haste) and save big CDs for empowered adds. P2 you can get by just fine with DP. P3 depends on your strategy.

My best piece of advice is don't panic and don't rush your cooldowns. If you get low, use EF to top you off. Try to min-max the sinergy between DP and SOTR uptime, specially now that you don't have meta gem. Stuff like whirl does not need any cooldowns, you can heal it with Eternal Flame if anything. OSHIT moments where you are really going to need big CDs are empowered adds P1 and when the damage starts going out of hand in P3.

Also, looking at your logs, your disc priest seems to just ignore tanks. He/she barely doesn't cast Penance, and his/her raid healing is not significative enough to justify ignoring tanks. That may be a problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Please use the Fix my Tanking! thread for all things related to help on your tanking.

Closing.
    Host of Talking Skritt, a GW2 podcast!