Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

How do you guys deal with women in a guild?

There is this girl in my guild and she has destroyed the guild I'm in from the inside with bitching, passive aggressiveness and enticing our GL about loot earnings.

The female healer in question really irks me. Tonight was one of the worst raiding experiences I've ever had with my guild, to the point where I'm considering to leave the guild.

She has really ramped up her ... flirtation. It's become obvious to me she is fixating on attaining the affection of our GM/RL. She doesn't really socialize with anyone else in guild, constantly addresses the GM only and has said a few things in guild chat that I've found just inappropriate, awkward and attention-seeking. I would not care if these things were taken to private chat but to see it all unfold in /gchat is very irritating.

For example, she talks about still being a virgin in guild chat, complains about guys who like her but she doesn't like back, and just today she credited herself with the departure of a few of our former members because the guys [who gquit] "felt she wasn't being treated right." Then mused on how "impressive" that was. Not really why they left but that's aside the point; they also left well over a month ago so how it was relevant to bring up I have no idea.

During raids, I feel she is just there to chat and garner more attention. I know that's a hard thing to prove but I'm certain of it. She plays horribly, makes mistakes repeatedly, and cannot compete as a healer. She made several inappropriate, overtly sexual and attention-seeking comments in raid, e.g. mentioning how she was offered 45k by someone on WoW to flash her boobs, discussed her breast size in raid and managed to conjure up whatever sexual innuendo she could.

She doesn't have a competitive DPS spec either, so we're 3 healing things that should be 2-healed.

I'm angry for a lot of reasons. The problem isn't just this girl or that she's tolerated.

I'm frustrated that I can't approach the GM with any of these issues. He has a stake in letting this bad female raider into raids. I am pretty sure I'd just be accused of being jealous or bitter or something that I'm not getting any attention.
    Last edited by Birkhoff; 2013-11-11 at 01:31 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    How do you deal the fuck? You remove them It's not very hard if there causing problems you simply gkick them example Deus vox too bad that didn't work may they R.I.P. Now if there's nothing you can do and all hope is lost you simply leave and find a new guild while you watch that guild die in a painful death from the inside out.

Treat her just like a dude. If she's causing drama for no reason just kick her out. If she's not a good player, kick her out. Why would you treat her any differently? One thing you should always do is get objective evidence of incompetence. Look at logs and say this and this and this are wrong, she needs to fix it or she needs to be replaced. Use mods that track fails in raid encounters. Make a case. If the GM ignores it then (s)he's not a good GM and maybe you should move along to another guild.

It's very simple. Don't invite females to your guild, or, if you're not the leader, leave the guild as soon as you spot one.

I do believe you have a G.I.R.L in your guild.

And they should be dealt with in exactly the same manner any other disruptive member are dealt with. Gender shouldn't even come into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Varabently View Post
    Treat her just like a dude. If she's causing drama for no reason just kick her out. If she's not a good player, kick her out. Why would you treat her any differently? One thing you should always do is get objective evidence of incompetence. Look at logs and say this and this and this are wrong, she needs to fix it or she needs to be replaced. Use mods that track fails in raid encounters. Make a case. If the GM ignores it then (s)he's not a good GM and maybe you should move along to another guild.
    Also this.

Quote Originally Posted by Perfectdoll View Post
    I do believe you have a G.I.R.L in your guild.
    Unfortunately that's not the case. She really is a girl.

Sounds like every girl I have ever seen in a warcraft......
    Last edited by Bremmon; 2013-11-11 at 01:39 PM.
    "You take 4,994,468 boredom damage from daily quests.... You have died."

Quote Originally Posted by Birkhoff View Post
    There is this girl in my guild and she has destroyed the guild I'm in from the inside with bitching, passive aggressiveness and enticing our GL about loot earnings.

The female healer in question really irks me. Tonight was one of the worst raiding experiences I've ever had with my guild, to the point where I'm considering to leave the guild.

She has really ramped up her ... flirtation. It's become obvious to me she is fixating on attaining the affection of our GM/RL. She doesn't really socialize with anyone else in guild, constantly addresses the GM only and has said a few things in guild chat that I've found just inappropriate, awkward and attention-seeking. I would not care if these things were taken to private chat but to see it all unfold in /gchat is very irritating.

For example, she talks about still being a virgin in guild chat, complains about guys who like her but she doesn't like back, and just today she credited herself with the departure of a few of our former members because the guys [who gquit] "felt she wasn't being treated right." Then mused on how "impressive" that was. Not really why they left but that's aside the point; they also left well over a month ago so how it was relevant to bring up I have no idea.

During raids, I feel she is just there to chat and garner more attention. I know that's a hard thing to prove but I'm certain of it. She plays horribly, makes mistakes repeatedly, and cannot compete as a healer. She made several inappropriate, overtly sexual and attention-seeking comments in raid, e.g. mentioning how she was offered 45k by someone on WoW to flash her boobs, discussed her breast size in raid and managed to conjure up whatever sexual innuendo she could.

She doesn't have a competitive DPS spec either, so we're 3 healing things that should be 2-healed.

I'm angry for a lot of reasons. The problem isn't just this girl or that she's tolerated.

I'm frustrated that I can't approach the GM with any of these issues. He has a stake in letting this bad female raider into raids. I am pretty sure I'd just be accused of being jealous or bitter or something that I'm not getting any attention.
    Well i've only met 1 nice girl gamer so far. Rest have ben attention seeking stuck up whores! parden my french... But its true.

Id just gkick the bitch... If i was RL / officer and some1 had a negative "presence" in raids, id just remove them as fast as i could blink.
    Be it boy or girl.

http://oyster.ignimgs.com/wordpress/...heAncient1.png

OMG JUST HAD A FLASHBACK FROM LVL 60 !!!! haha i joined a new guild, which 2 old friends was GM's of. A guy and girl, boyfriend / girlfriend irl... Well i remember this chick always moaning that i did to much DPS...
    SPANKENSTEIN STOP SHOWING OFF, WE KNOW YOU DO GOOD DPS!.
    Shadow bolt spam was hard....

Anyways we had progress night on Nefarion and we whiped like monkeys... We were terribad, or my guildies were "cough cough"...
    And i remember after 4-5'th whipe she started crying yelling in some weird language? maybe sobbing english.
    "bwuauhuhuuh how cant we kill him bwhuauauhuhu u guys make me so sad" Then she left ventrilo / raid and went offline for the rest of the night...
    I WAS CRYING MYSELF TO DEATH for 3 hours.
    Last edited by Johnkie; 2013-11-11 at 01:42 PM.

Lash out on her in gchat one time she goes on a "gchat raid"

just go "bitch. stfu" and say more or less the same thing you said here. Everything that she does that ruins the guild. Get it out in guildchat.

Post screenshots here when its done. Ill grab popcorn!

/reads peoples advice"If she is causing problems kick her out"

/reads op "It's become obvious to me she is fixating on attaining the affection of our GM/RL" obv he cant kick her out.

If the Gm is susceptible to her, and she is flirting with him, if anyone kicks her out the GM will inv her back and kick out the guy who kicked her.

The only solution to this is to learn to deal with it or find another guild. Unless the GM can be reasoned with, but like I said. If he is susceptible to her, he can't be reasoned with.

Treat her like anybody else, simple as that. There shouldn't be any special rules because of gender.

The fact that she's a woman is irrelevant to the situation. If she's bad and actively destructive, kick her out. If it's not up to you and the GM won't act, then leave the guild and find one with a less idiotic GM, or just put up with it.

Quote Originally Posted by swagster View Post
    It's very simple. Don't invite females to your guild, or, if you're not the leader, leave the guild as soon as you spot one.
    Yes, live in fear of somehow inviting that one in a hundred incompetent psychopath woman that will eat your guild from the inside. Meanwhile, the rest of us will continue acting in a sane manner.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    /reads peoples advice"If she is causing problems kick her out"

/reads op "It's become obvious to me she is fixating on attaining the affection of our GM/RL" obv he cant kick her out.

If the Gm is susceptible to her, and she is flirting with him, if anyone kicks her out the GM will inv her back and kick out the guy who kicked her.

The only solution to this is to learn to deal with it or find another guild. Unless the GM can be reasoned with, but like I said. If he is susceptible to her, he can't be reasoned with.
    Ahahaha Corruption at it's finest! No really go look it the Deus vox thing that was fucking amazing as I've stated or as this person has LEAVE If It's all hopeless.

Deleted
    kick people who are causing trouble.
    if you can't get her kicked, just leave yourself. i did this in wotlk when a similar thing happened in my guild with a new girl joining and causing issues, leader refused to kick so me and 3 other officers left and formed our own guild, the original guild disbanded a few months later while ours went on to raid fine for the rest of the expansion.

invite another arrogant bitch to the guild and observe them both collapse in a nuclear girl fight.

In our guild we very often have had girls in the raid team, and I believe have 8 girls now that raid occasionally.

It's mostly about making it clear if you get one that she isn't going to get anywhere flirting. Especially among the heirarchy of the guild. They will fuck off in their own time not being able to leech enough and the girls who aren't there to be carried are just another one of the guys, so to say.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

10+ Year Old Account
    Put her on ignore.
    If someone else from guild tells you you are ignoring her, go "hmmm I don't know how that happened", remove ignore then put her on ignore the next day.
    PM me weird stuff :3

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Useful View Post
    invite another arrogant bitch to the guild and observe them both collapse in a nuclear girl fight.
    What if it has a reverse effect and the two start flirting each other in front of his guild?

Just sayin

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Treat them like anyone else. If they cause issues and are saying inappropriate things take it up with the GM/RL or /gquit.

I assume half of my guild hates me, due to me never shutting up I make mistakes like anyone else and have an issue of trying to issue tactics despite not being RL/RBG Leader at times :P

Also would it make it any different if it was a bloke doing this instead of a woman? Not everyone's the same.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

Deleted
    I'd just leave and say the reason was "x person" is a major twat and i cba with people like that.

And i would find another guild