Will Blizzard make the seas green?

I realize that by changing the map up of Draenor so much to those given in Warcrafts 1 and 2, they are already breaking what was pre-established (which is understandable to make a better MMO environment). However, according to the WoWPedia page on the Devouring Sea (wow pedia. org/ Devouring_Sea) (delete the spaces... I can't post links yet) the main ocean on Draenor was green... Do you think they'll keep it or decide to ignore it?

It would definitely make the world stand out compared to Azeroth, but it would kind of make the world look sickly even before its corruption... Thoughts?

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.wowwiki.com/Devouring_Sea

Why was it green though? If it is because of Fel stuff than it wouldn't make any sense to be green. Don't know the story of that sea though...

Quote Originally Posted by Talyria View Post

Why was it green though? If it is because of Fel stuff than it wouldn't make any sense to be green. Don't know the story of that sea though...
    It just... was. Like how dogs are furry and elephants are gray, their sea was green.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Talyria View Post
    Why was it green though?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ocean_color
    The "color" of the ocean is determined by the interactions of incident light with substances or particles present in the water. White light from the sun is made up of a combination of colors, which are broken apart by water droplets in a ‘rainbow’ spectrum. When light hits the water surface, the different colors are absorbed, transmitted, scattered, or reflected in differing intensities by water molecules and other so-called optically-active constituents in suspension in the upper layer of the ocean. The reason open ocean waters often appear blue is due to the absorption and scattering of light. The blue wavelengths of light are scattered, similar to the scattering of blue light in the sky but absorption is a much larger factor than scattering for the clear ocean water. In water, absorption is strong in the red and weak in the blue, thus red light is absorbed quickly in the ocean leaving blue. Almost all sunlight that enters the ocean is absorbed, except very close to the coast. The red, yellow, and green wavelengths of sunlight are absorbed by water molecules in the ocean. When sunlight hits the ocean, some of the light is reflected back directly but most of it penetrates the ocean surface and interacts with the water molecules that it encounters. The red, orange, yellow, and green wavelengths of light are absorbed so that the remaining light we see is composed of the shorter wavelength blues and violets.

It would be cool to see it in green, but I doubt they'll do it. A turquoise would probably work though. Someone call up blizzard hq!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mage of Rage View Post
    Thanks for the science excurse but I already know that. But there could have been another reason which is why I was asking. But if "it just... was" than it would make sense to just leave it green.

10+ Year Old Account
    the sea on earth green where i live.
    and blue elsewhere

When someone asks you if you're a god, YOU SAY 'YES'!

Here's to hoping it looks something like this

I believe they've already shown it. It looks like a very pale turquoise. They can manipulate water color in each zone though, so its not to say its not green elsewhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    I believe they've already shown it. It looks like a very pale turquoise. They can manipulate water color in each zone though, so its not to say its not green elsewhere.

<snip>
    Oh wow. That looks really good, on a side note. Loving the lighting and colors here, definitely giving a tense air.