Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Just compare it to TBC,WOTLK and even CATA,it just is childish,a lot of casual crap also.
    And i find it kinda funny that if WoD was instead MoP i would be actually playing WoW right now or if it was even any other expansion,but since its MoP my sub is canceled :/ its just boring and shallow IMO. And yes pandas did not help i really dont like how they look and their animations.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    if you think pokemon is childish you must think all turn based rpgs are childish or min maxing in wow is childish.
    You play as a kid that doesnt have to visit school, stomps on greatest criminal organisations in the world without getting shot at and manages to fulfill his dream of becoming the pokemon master.

Deleted
    if you think pokemon is childish you must think all turn based rpgs are childish or min maxing in wow is childish.
    It's *sigh* it's not what you DO. It's about the style chosen for something.
    You can have the darkest story ever hidden under my little pony. You won't achieve what zul drak achieved. It'll just look weird, forced, misplaced. Like mop

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    You play as a kid that doesnt have to visit school, stomps on greatest criminal organisations in the world without getting shot at and manages to fulfill his dream of becoming the pokemon master.
    being child friendly doesnt make something childish.

and nobody plays pokemon for its storyline. its all about the gameplay

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    It's *sigh* it's not what you DO. It's about the style chosen for something.
    You can have the darkest story ever hidden under my little pony. You won't achieve what zul drak achieved. It'll just look weird, forced, misplaced. Like mop
    again, you are probably the same kind of people that would say wind waker is childish despite the fact that its actually one of the deepest of all the zelda games despite its cuter artstyle
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Konker View Post
    Anyways...

What I think many people need to realize is that childish is not a binary function of true or false. It's pieces relative to the whole. While WoW has always been childish, it has never been this childish. Of course you can go back and find a niche of silliness here and a niche of silliness there, but until MoP it would have been a strech to call the silliness prominent. In MOP I think there is a good case for it.

All they really had to do was ground the same themes they did use in MoP to make Pandarea a bit more of a believable, realized world. I don't think they made that a high enough priority.
    That's true. It's all about balancing factors.
    I'd argue that it started in cata. Cata was...*gag*... was... *gag*.... atrocious under that aspect. Goblin starter zone was... I don't have word to describe it.
    They ruined azshara, and they managed me deleting my goblin rogue engineer which is the class I always waned to play since w2's goblin sappers.
    Yes the unbalance between childish references and immersion peaked in cata, and stayed constant in mop.
    I don't know about others, to me, it makes the game unplayable

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

again, you are probably the same kind of people that would say wind waker is childish despite the fact that its actually one of the deepest of all the zelda games despite its cuter artstyle
    Again, can you please counter the points instead of babbling in a language I don't even understand?
    Makes conversating tricky.

Pandas look childish, the quests are childish, the themes and designs are childish, all in an effort to be "fun", ale-mentals, carrotstealing, rabbitmonsters, drunk, chubby pandas.

- - - Updated - - -

WOTLK, and TBC are considered child-friendly and are filled with horrible demons and undead killing indiscriminately in very horrible ways, quests, dungeons and raids are formed around this, I as a teenager was enamored, I would not have been, and was not as an adult enamored by pandaland, because it's childish and unfunny.
    Last edited by Shiny212; 2013-11-12 at 12:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny212 View Post
    WOTLK, and TBC are considered child-friendly and are filled with horrible demons and undead killing indiscriminately in very horrible ways, quests, dungeons and raids are formed around this.
    mists of pandaria features insectoid worshippers of eldritch horrors, tyranical leaders, and desperate refugees who have lost their home killing and torturing people indiscriminately in very horrible ways, quests dungeons and raids are formed around this.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    Again, can you please counter the points instead of babbling in a language I don't even understand?
    Makes conversating tricky.
    ive countered everyones points multiple times. your "points" are based off ignorance and nostalgia.
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

mists of pandaria features insectoid worshippers of eldritch horrors, tyranical leaders, and desperate refugees who have lost their home killing and torturing people indiscriminately in very horrible ways, quests dungeons and raids are formed around this.
    And all those are defeated with the power of friendship and positive emotions.

Too bad it's nullified by having the heroes look like fat idiots. As are the so called horrors with an overload of unfunny jokes and silly parodies.

And oh yeah, none of the terrible things actually did any damage to anything ever, because it was defeated immediately, another wonderful part of pandaland, evil can do you no harm as long as you drink and eat in harmony

Deleted
    It merely -appeared- childish, but when the venom-esque monsters started popping up, mutating people into monstrous freaks and so on shit got dark pretty quickly. Which is fine by me, WoW is, like it or not, a typically light-hearted game with dark undertones and has been since classic.

some people just hate pandas D:

the truth is the majority of you dont give a shit about this game or its stories, you lap up the steaming pile of retcons and ruined characters that is bc because you are ignorant of those characters.

you didnt care about illidan, you didnt care about kael'thas. you stood idly by and lapped up all that horrible writing and character development because you were ignorant. you didnt care about arthas, you just thought he was "cool" and you probably didnt even know who deathwing was or why he shouldve been an amazing character.

and you will do the same for this expansion. you dont care that time travel is fucking retarded and it makes no sense that we wouldnt just close off the timeline, you just run off rule of "cool" and are excited because BC WAZ TEH BES.

not only that but despite not caring for the actual lore or its rules you have the audacity to try to argue what should or shouldnt be a part of the game, you blatantly ignore the mistakes of the past so that you can further criticize the present.

you are all ignorant and your blatant uncaring for the games lore is sickening

Deleted

- - - Updated - - -

ive countered everyones points multiple times. your "points" are based off ignorance and nostalgia.
    Quoting that other post, you're either joking, high, or trolling.
    This was my post:
    Why, why do you do this to yourself?

1) they dont have 1 whole zone plus a whole dungeon on kobolds do they. Mainly a couple quests here and there. And kobolds look vicious enough. At least they don't go around stealing big lumps of oversized cheese.

2)sporelings, fulborg and wolvar have all extremely dark EXTREMELY dark and interesting content.
    Sporelings being killed by giants, fulborgs and corruption everywhere, wolvar and their lands being destroyed.
    They also aren't talking in this dooking ridiculous language I would have found funny at 7 years of age. And only the first time.
    They also (again) don't have a whole zone AND dungeon apart perhaps fulborg, which shouldn't even be in the list since, have you looked at them closely? That's actually how pandaren should have looked in my opinion.
    3)pandaren ARE different when compared to gnomes or Tauren simply because with pandaren blizzard MADE WELL SURE to include ridiculous overwhelming references a la Adam Sandler.
    Epicurean? Bouncy? extra jelly belly AND nomnom language? Yeh, subtle. Didn't get that they were fat thanks blizz for reminding me 18 times.
    Tauren do not talk in "moo's" and gnomes don't have racials making fun of their stature. Not 3 of them at least
    That's what makes pandaren different from the rest. Oh and of course the fact that they look ridiculous with that disgusting extra belly and idiotic smile but hey. That's personal. The rest unfortunately isn't.
    4) yes ungoro was dedicated to dinosaurs and had a couple of VERY clever references to zelda. Unless you PERHAPS are you trying to compare the level, number and quality of references pre-cata and post-cata.
    5) sholazar? Have you, like, quested in sholazar? The whole eastern area is majestic, with the zombies pouring in from icecrown.
    6) yes uldum is shite. Worst zone after valley of four winds, since at least in uldum we have a captivating design. Still uninspiring but better than valley for sure. But then again mate, the fact that we ate shit once doesn't mean we should dine with diharrea.

Overall, you're arguing about pandaren in their entirety, we're arguing with the way they were introduced.
    Big difference.

*insert clever punt about childless insecurity something something you*
    This was your answer:
    a whole dungeon? try one boss. they werent trying to make the gnomes taurens and goblins ridiculous? really?
    you people consistently prove my point over and over again, your statements come from ignorance of both the present and the past
    ....delusional.

the truth is the majority of you dont give a shit about this game or its stories, you lap up the steaming pile of retcons and ruined characters that is bc because you are ignorant of those characters.

you didnt care about illidan, you didnt care about kael'thas. you stood idly by and lapped up all that horrible writing and character development because you were ignorant. you didnt care about arthas, you just thought he was "cool" and you probably didnt even know who deathwing was or why he shouldve been an amazing character.

and you will do the same for this expansion. you dont care that time travel is fucking retarded and it makes no sense that we wouldnt just close off the timeline, you just run off rule of "cool" and are excited because BC WAZ TEH BES.

not only that but despite not caring for the actual lore or its rules you have the audacity to try to argue what should or shouldnt be a part of the game, you blatantly ignore the mistakes of the past so that you can further criticize the present.

try some of that panda wisdom and eat/drink with your friends until you feel harmonious, don't let the sha get the better of you yeah?

Most of the expansion wasn't childish imo. BUT pandarens do look childish. I think gnomes look quite childish as well though. So it wasn't much of an out of place expansion for me.

Deleted
    pokemon is the 2nd best selling video game series in the world and is played by people of all ages. it also has an incredibly complex meta game that requires more strategy then most heroic raids in wow.
    Lol... Wow heroic raids aren't about tactics, but about execution, unless you are a part of the top 10-20 guilds in the world. The exception would be the 1-2 raid leaders per hardcore-semi hardcore 25man guild.

And yes.. The concept of Pokemon and its story is extremely childish. That a lot of people think its great doesn't make it any less childish.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    And all those are defeated with the power of friendship and positive emotions.
    And remember kids, altogether:

*kids shouting*

"WAR IS BAAAAAAAD"

The Kung Fu panda trailer probably had a lot to do with it, that was just ridiculous. On top of that, we had a retarded poop flinging monkey blooper species as the new Horde friendly race. My Warlock and Death Knight (evil classes, characters who have slaughtered no telling how many thousands of players and mobs) had to sit and have tea with a Monk preaching about peace. Then there was the Valley of the Four Winds, the entire zone was pathetic; why is my evil warlord of a character baby sitting and farming? A lot of the quests throughout Pandaria were either silly or had joke references. And even the faction war, the one thing I was looking forward to, devolved into a coop (which the player has no choice but to partake in, Horde loyalist or not) working together against the one person actually promoting war between the factions in Warcraft. Why am I fighting alongside the Alliance against my leader, whom I happen to like? The Sha were okay, but beyond that Pandaria lore was boring and uninspiring. Especially when compared to the likes of the Burning Legion or the Scourge. Then there were the Pokemon pet battles, which while I personally have no problem with them (no interest either, but no problem) they did nothing to help the expansion seem more adult.
    Last edited by Itisamuh; 2013-11-12 at 12:22 PM.

Deleted

Nah ah there. Don't forget your panda teachings now. Didn't mop make you a "better person"?
    *innocent puppy eyes smileyface*

Quote Originally Posted by Klavier Gavin View Post

That's why I think Pandaria, and the Pandaren themselves became very childish, and I was unsubscribed for the most part during the whole expansion.
    I'm sorry but you missed out, similar to how I missed out by not being subscribed from vanilla - cata