Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyde View Post
    It's ok, I understand why do you want to defend Djalil's racism. Sometimes, when someone used to it, they become oblivious.
    I'm being trolled, aren't I? There is no excuse for such blatant disregard for logical arguments.

Anyway, I'm joining the others in ignoring this lunacy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imadraenei View Post
    You can find that unbiased view somewhere between Atlantis and that unicorn farm down the street, just off Interstate √(-1).

Hmm, Panadria was not childish so much as it seemed a little more tame in comparison to the other expansions. What I mean to say is the over all shadow looming over us from each expansion prior has been the total destruction of all life on azeroth were as Garrosh simply wanted to conqure the world and rule over it. Dont get me wrong, the build of and delivery of 100% bias and racial prejudice in the Garrosh story was pretty well exacuted and they did a fantastic job of showing how bat shit crazy the guy is.

My only real gripe was the asain theme, I know it comes with the territory of pandaria but I am just not a fan of asain themes as a whole. But I did play through the expansion and enjoyed it on a whole.

Quote Originally Posted by Zellviren View Post
    I think that's true, and I think it's a real shame. Rather than having a healthy enough ego to simply say "I liked MoP, whether people think it's childish or not", people simply resorted to arguing that it couldn't possibly be considered childish in order to save face.

There was no need. Most adults I know like "childish" things. As you hint, it's about perspectives and accepting that other people have different ones to you.

So you're saying Blizzard couldn't possibly have come up with an art style that differed far more dramatically than the examples I posted?

I'm sorry, but no sensible person is paying attention to you now.
    Blizzard mimics other architecture all the time. You are just anal about of other's people art style.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JeKv View Post
    Quite frankly, I'm offended as someone who's dealt with actual, real racism. This isn't it. This is at best someone who maybe chose the wrong words, and you have done quite a thorough job of pointing it out, thanks. The solution to a situation like this is education and communication, not name-calling and accusation. You are not fighting racism here. You are only making the divide even bigger.

This thread is not about whether Djalil is a racist, but you seem intent on making that the case.
    I"m not saying I'm a victim of a racism. He is just a racist, that's it.

Blizzard mimics other architecture all the time. You are just anal about of other's people art style.
    And you can't accept that the parallels are there, and that they're fucking obvious to anyone who opens their eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxi View Post
    I'm being trolled, aren't I? There is no excuse for such blatant disregard for logical arguments.

What's illogical is for you to think it's ok for saying something racist and it's better to attack people who point it out. That's lunacy.

- - - Updated - - -

And you can't accept that the parallels are there, and that they're fucking obvious to anyone who opens their eyes.
    Yup Parallel to China. Just like how Blizz didn't steal "How to tame a dragon" for wotlk.

- - - Updated - - -

Yup Parallel to China. Just like how Blizz didn't steal "How to tame a dragon" for wotlk.

- - - Updated - - -

For me it wasn't childish. It just wasn't interesting story wise. Tentacle monsters + Garrosh ... ok.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

If you like something better than something, you are definitely think something is better and something, let alone when you say you hate something.
    Not exactly. I like the looks of a Norwegian Elkhound more than a German Shepherd, but I feel that German Shepherds are a better dog to train. Not everything's so black and white about it.

Besides, discussions about racism don't get anything anywhere in this forum except a closed thread.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    Btw: *Tanaan, *Farahlon, *Arakkoa. Not that hard.

I filt the pandarens appearance of big cuddly pandas was a little on the childish side, kinda hard to defend to my workmates, who are playing COD!

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxi View Post

Yes you are.

Jekv, lets bring this back on topic. You say there are issues with what I am saying, can you please point them out so to give me a chance of answering them?

Quote Originally Posted by Destinas View Post
    Not exactly. I like the looks of a Norwegian Elkhound more than a German Shepherd, but I feel that German Shepherds are a better dog to train. Not everything's so black and white about it.

Besides, discussions about racism don't get anything anywhere in this forum except a closed thread.
    So you are saying x is better than Y. To a certain degree, you are comparing which one is better.

So you are saying x is better than Y. To a certain degree, you are comparing which one is better.
    Then you didn't get the message of what I said at all.

Please ignore the guy.

Which is what? Sometimes it's ok to say your culture is better than other culture, or different culture warrants hate?

Which is what? Sometimes it's ok to say your culture is better than other culture, or different culture warrants hate?
    Racism is making a huge generalization about one culture in a negative light. When people say they didn't like the Asian theme, I assume they meant the looks of architecture and armor. That is not a racist comment. Plenty of people didn't like the Viking theme of WotLK, but that was just their personal taste rather than saying "I hate Nordic or Norwegian culture". Same applies here.

My point was, before, you can dislike the theme of something without disliking the entire culture or people of Asia. No one's bashing you and your ethnic group personally.

You are just doing this on purpose. Stop being purposefully dense and have conversation or just don't post.

The Unstoppable Force Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    Jaina Proudmoore's side. Always and forever.
    Is simply an evolution of "behave or the badmen will take you away"
    Bullshit. My death knight kills and murders. My rogue lives to bomb alliance civilians homes.
    This is ridiculous there shouldn't be "teachings" in wow. What a stupid fucking idea. Whoever came up with it in blizzard should be fired, and subsequently hanged by the balls from the highest tree in ashenvale. Together with that other guy.

Nobody should take your opinion seriously now because you are so aggressive. Your posts are usually good, now they aren't. Seriously grow up.
    Blizzard do not destroy Jaina Proudmoore's character. Make her who she once was, not full of rage and vengeance.,If you are curious about me or about my writing aspirations, feel free to pst me. Paladin-Sorcerer at your service! My Youtube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/Aeluron Big fanboy of Yrel now. Love her now

I did not find it childish. uff dah

Quote Originally Posted by Fullmetal89 View Post
    I felt like the majority of the hate came from the same crowd of people that hate anything Asian. I don't think the Pandaren are any less childish than Tauren or Worgen. I enjoyed Pandaria and the different species living there, especially the Mantid really liked their character design. My gripe with MoP was the grindfest it became and all of the gating that we got throughout the expansion. I think the way Cataclysm was during Dragon Soul was the best design in terms of catch-up even if the raid was horrible. The lack of 5-man dungeons, replaced by boring scenarios and places like Timeless Isle are the reason I quit WoW during the x-pac. Not because of Pandas.
    Taurens - hooves and horns. Worgen - claws and teeth. Pandarens - fluffy cudly paws? :3

Looking back (well obvious break for a year until WoD) to mists of Pandaria, first thing that pops in my mind is.. Pandaren. And big fluffly cute animals are childish. My little sister has tons of pandaren-like creatures.

No, the art style is in parallel to the movie Kung Fu Panda, when they could have gone in other directions with it. You know that's what I'm saying and are choosing to skirt it because it's damning to your viewpoint.

This is likely my last response to you. I can't be bothered with an infraction.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Nobody should take your opinion seriously now because you are so aggressive. Your posts are usually good, now they aren't. Seriously grow up.
    Aggressive? Ah! You haven't seen the half of me. Seriously, that was a joke post, I had one similar earlier on, with "hanging balls off ashenvale".
    I quoted myself. Yes I did.
    Listen, seriously I'm in an extremely good mood swing today so, please comment on the content of that post while ignoring the funny remarks.